Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What player base are you gearing this game towards exactly? ...I guess is my question...

ck37090
ck37090
✭✭✭✭
I understand that Craglorn was in development beforehand, but I have to ask...looking at the content released in the latest "patch" and the changes made (increasing the difficulty most specifically)...who exactly are you catering this game towards?

I'm currently VR6 and I would have thought that I would be above level for the average person at this point or at least at average but in the first "patch" the main content is focused towards the VR10 crowd and the really good content is exclusive to really only the best of that crowd (and thats just going by the official statements about the content)...is that really the largest portion of the player base? Is this where the main focus of the game is going? To make the game more challenging to the hardcore and elite players? I believe we are all paying the same monthly fee (give or take a buck or two) is the thought that people are going to be ok with paying $15 a month for content that they most likely won't even be able to enjoy?

Grant it I haven't been able to try the Craglorn content but everything written indicates it is catered towards the highly skilled and organized player population. Meaning you need 12 skilled players knowing what they are doing to complete it...so the rest (and I would have thought the far majority of the population) is paying the monthly fees to allow a greater challenge for a specific group of people?

I mean really, increasing game difficulty, hardcore gamer specific content...is this the only player base that the game is going to be geared for? ...I would have ventured to guess that the large portion of the population didn't need any further content at this time...but we did need a strong focus on fixing the problems the game is having...I just have to wonder what the future of the game will be...and maybe i'm alone on my feelings...maybe focusing on the hardcore population and gearing the game in that direction is the answer to financial success?.../shrug
Edited by ck37090 on 25 May 2014 00:39
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    ck37090 wrote: »
    -What player base are you gearing this towards exactly?
    -Maybe i'm alone on my feelings...

Not at all. It's a good question. But it's a question that I don't even think they can answer right now.

Game is a little on the schizophrenic side.

Okay, a lot on the schizophrenic side.
    Edited by michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO on 25 May 2014 00:45
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their playerbase probably has a wide variety of preferences. Sadly to say, the hardcore gamers are the fastest to chew through content, and it's only logical that releasing more content for them first is the smartest plan, as they are already max level, etc.

Of course, they can't release enough content to keep those players happy. Never will. But for casual gamers who are slower to level (like myself), Craglorn is still a month away. I'm in no hurry. By a month and a half, new content will be out and I'll still be a release or two behind.

They did mention that other zones will be added, zones which are more solo focused, PvP focused and casual. They also mentioned more crafting skills and expansions in the works.

Really, the only portion of their playerbase they are almost completely ignoring is the 'digital barbie' types who like new clothes, armor dyes, player housing, barber shops. I'm one of those, and it seems like we're really on the backburner.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.