Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why are now VR5 npc's in Cyrodiil?

Sil
Sil
✭✭✭
I ask just cause I don't get it... Why are now VR5 mobs/npc's in Cyrodiil?
Cause of which reason?
* auch wenn ich mich aufrege, rege ich mich nicht auf*
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because keeps are changing hands too rapidly for ZOS' tastes. They're trying to find that balance where keeps are difficult to take without a solid group but not impossible to take without overwhelming numbers.
  • Sil
    Sil
    ✭✭✭
    yes, i mean the pve mission npc's and animals. In the villages and dungeons. They are also VR 5. I mean... Why are you able to enter Cyro from lvl 10 on, but even as a level 47 now cyro is only a place where you can go with at least 3 ppl in a dungeon. VR5 npcs everywhere is... well... it is like noone has to enter cyro b4 he reaches V2 or V3... I don't get it as I said. And I was before the change with some people there taking a keep and some productions, it was pretty hard before. Now it is really senseless to go ther before V2 or V3 I think. What's going on in this game?

• Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because majority of players in Cyrodiil arw VRs now. Fighting mobs I can one shot isnt exactly fun
  • wafcatb14_ESO
    wafcatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    basicly they don`t want you to go to Cyrodill before you have finished grinding their pve hand holding forced path quest treadmill .

To bad really i was hopeing it would be more like Frontiers was in DAOC you know that other game Matt worked on where you could lvl up in RVR and never had to do pve . or like Warhammer which their RVR was based off of DAOC the same as ESO AVA and you could lvl up from lvl 1 all the way to lvl cap purely in RVR if you wanted .

But not here , they don`t want you to miss the personal story and the 1 zone per lvl range quest lvling system lol
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    @wafcabt Surely you jest although it does seem they want to elimate anyone from Cryodiil that isnt level VR 5-10

personally did Cryiodiil from early release till the first vr3-7 started showing up, at that point I think I was like 17 or 18 from leveling purely out there since 10.

haven't been back since except to get one easy shard for the skill point.

current main is vr5 ain't sure I'll ever go back
  • Sil
    Sil
    ✭✭✭
    OK, this means with the time there will stand VR10 Veterans.
    Nobody is able to play 70% of the game ( someone said TESO content is 70% pvp, 30% PVE ) cause a minority that to a big part fastleveled in a time it was easy want a challenge and don't want that their keeps and productions are taken?

Again, what is going on tin this game? Who is this small minority, which dictates others these conditions?
  • Heraclea
    Heraclea
    ✭✭✭
    This disappoints me, if only because the regular quest content left me at level 49. So I ground myself to 50 doing PvE quests in Cyrodiil. That apparently is not an option any more.
    Hircine loves me, this I know,
    Your intestines told me so.

Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero
  • Strontium-Dog
    Strontium-Dog
    ✭✭
    Ragefist wrote: »
    Because majority of players in Cyrodiil arw VRs now. Fighting mobs I can one shot isnt exactly fun

If you are V5 etc then why are you pveing in Cyrodiil ?

• Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Achievements and quests for completion. Cyro is a mix PvE/PvP zone, remember? There are actual quest hubs, dolmens, dungeons and the like...
  • carlos.trevisan.contatonrb19_ESO
    Man, I had two characters on cyrodil, one lvl 15 and other lvl 20. they used to do a lot of PvE, help on PVP athe groups, a lot of fun.
    now if i cross with 2 (or even one depend on what) NPC or monster i just die.
    no fun at all.
    im off cyrodil.
    add this with the delay of my templar spear melee skils and im having so much frustration on this game.
    Maybe i need to move on.
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    They are vr5 in name only. AFAICT they are about as difficult as vr2.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    The quest mobs have NOT been promoted to VR5.

I went to Bruma to check - the Churls and Whatnots there all have the normal 1.5 to 2k health so you can carry on levelling your lowbies there without problems.

I haven't checked on the mobs in Cyrodiil public dungeons - but they always were a bit OP.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Sil
    Sil
    ✭✭✭
    At the dungeons an on the road the pets are all named VR5, and in the dungeons at least my survivability chance as a lvl 47 templar is solo: ZERO.

They are pretty tough.... AT least where I went (yes, i am a skyshard grinder, I confess ;) ) there were VR5s. I was lucky to find here and there other players which I just stalked to survive^^ (as they don't react if you try to talk to them)

It's a pity. I like to go to Cyro. And sadly I haven't found a realiable partner until now...
    Edited by Sil on 26 May 2014 08:13
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say most of them don't appear any tougher than before. Some of the guards yes a tad, the fact they have more skills is also nice.
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because they seem to assume that all players want a hardcore MMO and forget that some people don't see the same things as fun - they are taking a massive gamble that 'serious' MMO players will not move on as they have before and will keep funding them.

Equally they are risking alienating any players who come to this from offline TES fandom by putting roadblocks between them and the story experience.

Craglorn confirms that overall they will be tossing TES fans under the bus, which is a shame because I think they could build an interesting long lasting game by focusing on the TES crowd who are far less likely to unsub & run off to play Wildstar.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Vez
    Vez
    ✭✭✭
    I would have liked it if they had tried one of these:
    • Alliance NPCs VR5; All others remain 50
    • Alliance NPCs VR5; Other NPCs range from 50 to VR5
    • Alliance NPCs range from VR?-VR? (dependent on resources? control?); Other NPCs range from 50 to VR5
  • Strontium-Dog
    Strontium-Dog
    ✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Achievements and quests for completion. Cyro is a mix PvE/PvP zone, remember? There are actual quest hubs, dolmens, dungeons and the like...

Its never been touted as a Vet zone though unlike Crag so why the change now lol>

• Strontium-Dog
    Strontium-Dog
    ✭✭

Thats still high enough to rule that WHOLE zone out to the majority of the player base. Hence the pvp servers are wastelands right now (that on top of other issues)

There was no need to change any mobs apart from guards.
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭

Thats still high enough to rule that WHOLE zone out to the majority of the player base. .

No not really. They were VT1. They might still be VT1 in spirit, im not sure. But even if they did go up 1 level, how would that little bump rule out the majority of players? If they are too high for you now they were too high before. Have you even tried them?

Edited by Svann on 27 May 2014 04:50
  • Sil
    Sil
    ✭✭✭

Thats still high enough to rule that WHOLE zone out to the majority of the player base. .

No not really. They were VT1. They might still be VT1 in spirit, im not sure. But even if they did go up 1 level, how would that little bump rule out the majority of players? If they are too high for you now they were too high before. Have you even tried them?

There IS a significant change, yes, my lvl 47 Templar tried it. Alone in Cyro is senseless. you need at least 1 other player now. As the quests are also funny, that if you are not on the exactly same quest level as the other guy, you get other PVE missions (yes, really!!), well.. nothing to say more
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    They scaled player power up in Cyrodil too. I was able to solo quest PvE without issue with a VR1 Nighblade (although you have to be aware that it is a PvP zone!) He is pretty tough and can almost pull off the dungeons solo, but they clearly benefit from having a partner.

The Vet Xp was very good, and you can make a lot of cash with the quests (typically 300 gold rewards for short doable solo tasks). So I think that Cyrodil is a perfectly viable alternative for VR1+ characters. I can't speak to lower level characters - note that even the open world skyshards tend to be guarded by at least a few monsters.

Summary: I found Cyrodil easier, not harder, with the changes.
    Edited by Ohioastro on 27 May 2014 12:49
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sil wrote: »
    At the dungeons an on the road the pets are all named VR5, and in the dungeons at least my survivability chance as a lvl 47 templar is solo: ZERO.

They are pretty tough.... AT least where I went (yes, i am a skyshard grinder, I confess ;) ) there were VR5s. I was lucky to find here and there other players which I just stalked to survive^^ (as they don't react if you try to talk to them)

It's a pity. I like to go to Cyro. And sadly I haven't found a realiable partner until now...

The dungeons are unusually tough; avoid them. Try the quests in the towns - they are good income, good experience, and much easier than the dungeons. You should also be able to pull off a good fraction of the open world skyshards.
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally really hate this.
    I often used Cyrodiil questing to catch up if I was underleveled. When I became Vr2 i finally rejoiced because any Cyrodiil questing could now be done quickly...But noo...They buff the mobs to Vr5 so people who are underleveled are now unable to catch up, and I cannot get gold through Cyrodiil questing unless I find a group. It sucks.
    Edited by gurluasb16_ESO on 27 May 2014 15:39
  • irishdexy
    irishdexy
    Ran through last night on my low level toon with 3 other low level toons and had a lot of fun getting all the sky shards. Some Ebonheart players thought it funny to gank us in a dungeon but we had already got the shard and our DK was able to hold several VRs off when he was only level 18 at the time :) So it was no major problem lol.

They are just VR5 in name only and if you happen to be shard hunting form a group, its faster and easier :)
    Lord Tibblesworth/Auroa Lovelock
    Hopesfire (PvP Home)/Wabbajack (PvP Guest)
    Guild Founder and Forum Noob of Aldmeri Vice, a division of the Crossfleet/Vice Squad multi-game gaming guild
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh so their stats are still 50?
  • aeneas_21b14_ESO
    aeneas_21b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure what level their stats are set to, but they are much easier than I expected and they are definitely not at VR5. I've been having fun questing solo at VR2 with no problems. I just pick a low pop campaign and have at it. Typically can go an hour or more without getting ganked, which on a side note: killing a lone NB when it's 10 vs 1 is nothing to brag about but apparently some of the players have to go to extremes to let you know they pwnd you.
  • Sil
    Sil
    ✭✭✭
    Could it be that they are scaled? I was with another guy there as 2 lowbies, and in the same dungeon also with my lvl 47 templar. The enemies were much deadlier... So for our lowbies they didnt feel definetely as VR5, for my templar yes....
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe VR group dependency is the social objective in the game?
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Sil
    Sil
    ✭✭✭

You mean that the first ~50 levels which are hardly to do with a group or other people, even if you try, have nothing to do with the then following "VR group dependency as a social objective in the game"?

So this is the reason why they 2 times made the npcs harder in Cyrodiil? To force a group dependency?

So you can say the game is split into 2 parts; the level1-45/50 which is storydriven and hard to group;; then the forced group section Cyrodiil/VetContent?

I just want to get what the intention of all this is...

Edited by Sil on 27 May 2014 18:44
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sil wrote: »
    So you can say the game is split into 2 parts; the level1-45/50 which is storydriven and hard to group;; then the forced group section Cyrodiil/Vetranks?
    Well, the alternative is that they want us to script three alt accounts and run around as botmasters.

If the developer is doing the responsible and sensible thing and setting difficulty based on real numbers, which I'm confident they would be, then the numbers they are looking at are probably being seriously skewed by all the bots running around in mini-armies killing everything that moves. Magnify that effect by the multiples in Veteran ranks and you see the problem.
    Edited by silent88b14_ESO on 27 May 2014 18:48
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.