Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I'm sorry but this PVP...

Crumpy
Crumpy
✭✭✭✭
...is sooo pschyte

Its not even pvp its run about in a group
Edited by Crumpy on 24 May 2014 23:45
I lyke not this quill.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crumpy wrote: »
    ...is sooo pschyte

Suggestion: Don't run in the zerg. ;) You can find lots of smaller-scale action solo, in a duo/trio, or smaller group, busting the zerg all on your own with extend tactics, slaughtering other groups, intercepting reinforcements and butchering them, as well as hunting the quest hubs for people. TONS more actual PVP to be found that way at a higher challenge anyway.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on 24 May 2014 23:46
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    And do what else?
    I lyke not this quill.
  • coreymj78
    coreymj78
    ✭✭✭
    Pvp is great in this game. More fun than any MMO thus far. Great siege battles.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And do what else?

I just edited my post if you aren't able to come up with any ideas but running in the zerg like a Mindless One from marvel comics :).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    And do what else?

Have fun picking off those trying to get back the their zerg. You don't have to be part of a zerg if you want to help your faction.
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the psyctished pvp in an mmo I have come across

And I want to like it
    I lyke not this quill.
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    and by that I mean shittest
    I lyke not this quill.
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    coreymj78 wrote: »

Sorry I think you mis spoke... you said PvP as in Player vs Player...but the majority of what ESO has is PvW Player vs Wall...
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    This. Init. Totally. 100%. Quite.
    I lyke not this quill.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    After getting emp, it's kind of lost its luster to me. Not much else to work towards after emp.
    QQing is a full time job
  • Caduryn
    Caduryn
    ✭✭✭
    Its all about epic rvr battles, thats what i love the most since DAoC.
  • Bangstin
    Bangstin
    ✭✭✭
    Very well thought out post with solid arguments op. I'm convinced.
  • wafcatb14_ESO
    wafcatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yep really lol small man skrimsh groups picking off stragglers, etc is great fun , been doing it for years in DAOC and Warhammer .
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭

While this game might be fun, If Warhammer had had the RVR lakes at or 1/2 the size of Cryidiil that would have been the best RvR ever
  • tilolyen_ESO
    tilolyen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ...is sooo pschyte

Careful...the fanboi's will come out of the woodworks and relentlessly flame you for this. I posted previously about how PVP had "issues" and I was flamed and sent so many nasty PM's I lost count.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was flamed and sent so many nasty PM's I lost count.

Only one person ever attempted to do that with me.

I feel like i'm missing out.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats sad that you would get hate for voicing your opinion. It all stems to, 'Say whatever you want, as long as it bides by what we believe in.'
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

You must never have play any other MMOs. Or maybe just GW2...
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caduryn wrote: »
    Its all about epic rvr battles, thats what i love the most since DAoC.

Except they're not epic. Especially when your abilities fail on you, or one of the many broken combinations are used against you.

My pvp experience is jaded from a nightblade point of view.
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    Exploitative PvP is fun NOT to anyone one. Until @ZoS picks up the ball they dropped and FIXES Cyrodiil I won't even consider stepping foot into the zone. That even includes (but not limited to) resetting EVERYBODY'S points, dethroning Emperors, and starting over to where EVERYONE in all three factions are on even playing field.

P.S. battle ground "bouncing" and/or faction "bouncing" should be considered a permanent ban to all involved.

Edited by Gwarok on 25 May 2014 14:35
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    PvP? Please, its turning into PvNPC. You know something is wrong when NPCs pose a far greater threat than the average player. Just use mercenary contracts and win...
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on 25 May 2014 02:18