Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

So is being attacked while "Hidden" a new thing or?

bg22
bg22
✭✭✭✭✭
So far today, 4 times I've been attacked while in a "Hidden" state.

Yes, "Hidden". Crystal fragments specifically has been the ability every time.

Is this "working as intended"?
  • spiritwindb14_ESO
    Have the same problem when using Vamp Ultimate (bat swarm) with the invis upgrade. Haven't tested this problem in PvP, but I know mobs continue to attack you if you go invis with it.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make that 5* times now. Still every time it's been a Sorceror that's hitting me while "Hidden".
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I use dark cloak on my nightblade now NPCs will often keep attacking me. It could glitch earlier but after last patch it is happening very often.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's happened to me a few times in Cyrodiil. I've heard of an addon which lets you see enemy players on the map regardless of if they're stealthed or not.
    I don't sneak much in pve so unfortunately I can't speak there.
    QQing is a full time job
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's annoying as heck. My Shadowy Disguise is almost useless in NPC combat. The NPC's just see me anyways half the time and keep mashing away at me.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've hit people that were visible when it was cast and then went hidden. I've also had people go hidden and it not hit. I assume there's a very small window in which the projectile will hit or not. Unless you're saying you were always hidden and just randomly got hit by crystal fragments.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well in my instance, I will hit Shadowy Disguise. Normally, the NPC should lose sight of me because I become invisible, however, now I can move around while invisible and NPC keeps following or facing me. It's not happening every time and seems completely random, but it's only happening while being engaged in combat. They aren't seeing me at all while invisible when out of combat.

EDIT: I read somewhere that group dungeon bosses are supposed to act like that and that I have no issue with. Normal skeleton and humanoid mobs shouldn't act like this imo.
    Edited by Worstluck on 25 May 2014 01:07
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nooblet wrote: »
    I've hit people that were visible when it was cast and then went hidden. I've also had people go hidden and it not hit. I assume there's a very small window in which the projectile will hit or not. Unless you're saying you were always hidden and just randomly got hit by crystal fragments.

This has often occurred during my 2nd-3rd shadowy disguise in a row. In other words, I've been hidden for 4-6 seconds.