Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Error 301- how the hell did u manage to mess it up with the patch???

Demaniak
Demaniak
Soul Shriven
I;ve been recieving this error since the patch.And even though on the forum it says that the problem should fix itself by waiting for 10 minutes,well that didnt work :) After that i contacted the support and still issue isnt resolved after more than 24 hours...I think that is quite unacceptable for subscription game, and i think Zenimax shouldnt relase patches if they are not 100% its working. I want to play the game!!!!!!!!!
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch installed correctly for the vast majority of players so maybe (and this is just a maybe here) you shouldn't jump to blame ZO for your issue.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Demaniak
    Demaniak
    Soul Shriven
    Well who should i blame then? i didnt MANUALY install the patch, i let laucher patch it. And it was working perfectly fine before the patch, so tell me whose fault should it be then
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    You can never be 100% sure about anything working. There is always a chance for error, that's just life.
    The beginning of the words is ALMSIVI. I give you this as Vivec.
    Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Demaniak wrote: »
    Well who should i blame then? i didnt MANUALY install the patch, i let laucher patch it. And it was working perfectly fine before the patch, so tell me whose fault should it be then

It sounds like it may be an issue with your client, or your connection, or any one of a thousand things. Believe it or not, not everything that happens in this world is someone else's fault. Instead of ranting, maybe you should post something in the support forums or actually get in touch with the ZO support team directly. It wouldn't be quite as cathartic, but it would be much more rational and effective.
    ----
    Murray?
  • dewil23
    dewil23
    Soul Shriven
    Then how do you explain he had absolutley no problem playing and logging in before the patch?
  • Demaniak
    Demaniak
    Soul Shriven
    Exactly what Dewil said. Also support suggested dns flushing witch i did, router restarting witch i did...none of those things helped...and i want to state it one more time : I WAS ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME PERFECTLY NORMAL before THE PATCH.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dewil23 wrote: »
    Then how do you explain he had absolutley no problem playing and logging in before the patch?

I'm not sure, because there are literally thousands of things that can cause an error, not all of which are ZO's problem. I could just as well ask you why my (and most of the players') patch installed perfectly with no errors or download issues.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Demaniak
    Demaniak
    Soul Shriven
    So for example if your launcher gets messed up without any obvious reason,its your fault?? hm nice logic mate
  • Sullycanuck
    Sullycanuck
    Soul Shriven
    There are many of us who have experienced unacceptable issues since the patch was installed. Especially the constant freezing after 10-15 minutes of game time then screen turning black. I thought it was just me until I read the myriad of comments from people experiencing the same issue. In order to play again, you have to restart the pc and log in but then you'll have to do it all over again after another 10-15 minutes. You can still hear the music and the various game noises but you just can't move. I have been playing since the beta version and have never experienced this until the patch was installed. Please fix.
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    It's not his problem, I have the same issue, just like a LOT of players. Check the customer support if you don't believe it...
    Dear OP, I saw an official answer about it, so maybe we will be able to play soon again...:
    ZOS_TristanK: Hey there, everyone. Thanks for reporting on this issue. Our Development Team is currently investigating what's going on, and we'll be sure to send this thread to them. We know that this issue is frustrating, and we appreciate your patience.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Demaniak wrote: »
    So for example if your launcher gets messed up without any obvious reason,its your fault?? hm nice logic mate

Let me try and explain it this way:

Yesterday, I was streaming Netflix movies just fine. Today, my Netflix is stuttering. That could be because Netflix updated something that created a bug in the system. It could be that my wireless connection is bad. It could be a network problem. It could be my ISP. It could be something else on my computer creating a problem with this.

Do you see how only one of those off-the-top-of-my-head issues involves the company that makes the product I'm having an issue with?

If 99% of other players are having no problem with the patch, then it stands to reason that there is something special about the 1% that is causing an issue with patching.
    ----
    Murray?
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    I repeat again, it's not a client problem, it's an account bug and it's not our fault...
  • Demaniak
    Demaniak
    Soul Shriven
    @Nerevarine1138:Lol dude whitch planet are you from? Didnt you just read what somebody posted, that ZOS is aware of the issue and that is happened to ALOT of players...So please mate, if u dont have anything useful to say here, find some other thread to troll
    Edited by Demaniak on 24 May 2014 22:22
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that they're able to find fixes for these things doesn't necessarily mean that the error was on their end. Since the vast majority of players aren't experiencing an issue, it means that the issue is with your computer communicating with the client/ZO's server. If it weren't an issue specific to these users' computers, you'd see everyone having the same issue.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on rude behavior]
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on 25 May 2014 05:10
    ----
    Murray?
  • Demaniak
    Demaniak
    Soul Shriven
    First 24 hours i had nothing but a civilised dialog with support...after 24 hours i still cant play the game which i pay for ,so yes, of course i am trying to get noticed so can continue with playing my game the way i am supposed to
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    For this sort of fee this game needs to be a hell of a lot better
    I lyke not this quill.
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    It's not trolling, and if you continued in a dialogue with support instead of throwing a tantrum, you'd probably have an answer by now. The fact that they're able to find fixes for these things doesn't necessarily mean that the error was on their end. Since the vast majority of players aren't experiencing an issue, it means that the issue is with your computer communicating with the client/ZO's server. If it weren't an issue specific to these users' computers, you'd see everyone having the same issue.

Honestly, if you people can't understand how computers work, why get one?

Have you ever read those threads? I tried to login from 2 different PC-s from different networks, and NOTHING works, but I can login here at my pc to others account.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on rude behavior]
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on 25 May 2014 05:10
  • Demaniak
    Demaniak
    Soul Shriven
    @Crumpy: Defintely
    Edited by Demaniak on 24 May 2014 22:32
  • jshorty1980b14a_ESO
    Zenimax has already said it was something on their end. Good god stop saying its on our end...thousands of players are having this issue. Quit acting like you know what your talking about when in reality you dont know jack.
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, everyone. We want to assure you that the 301 error is being investigated by our Dev Team, as other players are affected by it as well. We recommend keeping an eye on this larger thread, where we'll be able to provide as update as soon as we can.

Additionally, please remember to stay respectful of others, even when disagreeing. We have had to edit several posts in this thread due to rude comments. Thank you for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post