Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

LoL Zeno. The Gods of Bad

atthwsm
atthwsm
How did you manage to screw up what SHOULD have been the worlds easiest sell? You had the fanbase of TES and the budget of Bethesda, and yet you ruin this game.

You patch yesterday and now thousands of people have memory leaks that persist until you reboot. How is that even possible?

You nerf shield bash because it was OP in PvP, way to nerf globally. Really shows your experience.

Nerf to Divines trait? Wtf? Was this gamebreaking in someway? I must have missed were the.5% extra per piece was broken.

People spend weeks questing (because you decided that was how we would level to vr10, unless you exploited like 99% of the people that hit vr10 within a couple weeks did, but didnt get a ban) only to find out you could grind trash in Craglorn for a day and be there LOL.

Still ZERO reason to wear plate unless your s/s. One armor buff puts you well over the softcap in full light. Way to balance?

Still no dual gpu support? So people that run dual gpu's (almost everyone with a gaming rig btw) gets crap performance. gpux2 isnt new men, its been fairly standard for a few years.

Hireling nerfs (not even the whole ALT thing which was in fact broken and needed fixed) I used to get blues - gold mats every hireling on my 50 BS vr8 toon, now in the last 4 days Ive literally got just ore 3 times. You want SS's? Id be glad.

Melee is still pointless. Every single fight in this game is 100x easier if you just run around and kite. Every dungeon, every boss, everything. This is inherently because armor means nothing, again great balancing.

In general globally nerfing things that were broken in PVP, but nowhere else, is a horribly ill conceived decision. If you havent noticed, 99% of the broken builds, all this QQ about OMG DK IS SO BROKEN crap from kiddos, stems from destro/resto abuse with a couple specific sets (you know what they are).

Itemization I assume is still horrible in craglorn? No unique items with unique abilities? Or is it more of the same " Soul Ender " purple item with a trait, glyph, look that I can craft in 5 seconds? Really giving us something to shoot for GJ on that, really. lol.

Nerfing Motif drops? How bout issuing a warning that relogging 1000x in the same spot will be considered a bannable exploit? I never did that one time, ever. The majority of the people playing never did that. Know how many rare motifs we have? Maybe 1. What did you fix? Now the people that exploited your system have dozens selling at 50+k a piece, and nobody else is gonna find them on their own. WP.

What have you done right so far?

The Delve farming thing was good. WE ALL KNOW it was never designed to be killed every 4 seconds, people complaining apparently never played another MMO. Good job on that fix, I think the timer was alittle high, but still good stop at that point for bots.

Nerfing Vamp and Impulse. Pretty obvious somethings broken when every class is simply saying " Yo Impule and Vamp Aoe so coolz guyz we kill everything gg k? " Both were broken across PvP and PvE. GJ

Thats it. GJ on 2 things I guess up to this point?

Im not even mad, I mean I got weeks of content and quests that I actually took the time to read and laugh at or care about, all for what? 100 dollars? Thats a pretty solid investment tbh. Im upset and sad that this game right now, is a terrible MMO. Absolutely in everyway a bad MMO. Did I get my moneys worth up to this point? Hell ya. Is it worth staying? Probably not until I see some uber super elite kids show me otherwise in Craglorn.
  • atthwsm
    atthwsm
    LoL I get 34k xp per anomally kill. Are you people serious? Hundreds of people instantly killing and respawning a boss for 34k per kill and that wasnt tested or thought about?

My god this company has no clue. VR12s in 1 day. No bans or suspensions for OBVIOUS exploit abuse.

I love watching this trainwreck.
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don`t worry, as long as most people don`t know about all the issues its fine... and few visit the forums. Well more now that they can`t play...
  • atthwsm
    atthwsm
    Right? This is the most broken forum Ive ever been on. 500 sub forums to dig through? Good call.

Tamriel Foundry is a bit better but its filled with people that would let zeno have their way with a small child no matter what.
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    atthwsm wrote: »
    LoL I get 34k xp per anomally kill. Are you people serious? Hundreds of people instantly killing and respawning a boss for 34k per kill and that wasnt tested or thought about?

My god this company has no clue. VR12s in 1 day. No bans or suspensions for OBVIOUS exploit abuse.

I love watching this trainwreck.

What? There was a boss being farmed for 34k per kill?
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it and my friends like it. sorry you don't

shield bash needed a nerf it was dumb and cheesy.
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on 24 May 2014 22:39
  • atthwsm
    atthwsm
    Laura,

It seems you did not read the post, responded to the first thing without actually saying anything.

Im glad you and your friends like it, truly.

Way to in no way add to the topic of major issues.
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on 24 May 2014 22:40
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on 24 May 2014 22:40
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laura,

It seems you did not read the post, responded to the first thing without actually saying anything.

Im glad you and your friends like it, truly.

Way to in no way add to the topic of major issues.

You have some decent points (like the plate one is spot on) but most of it is incoherent

You can learn to express yourself without sounding like a complete dip.

you also have a few things there that are absolutely wrong... like not opinion wrong factually wrong.
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on 24 May 2014 22:41
  • atthwsm
    atthwsm
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on 24 May 2014 22:42
  • Mackeh
    Mackeh
    ✭✭
    What can I say mate .. it's baffling .. ZOS certainly are dealing with stuff in a unique way. But now we're paying for it, at least we have a voice (of sorts).
  • atthwsm
    atthwsm
    @ Laura,

You sacrifice stupid amounts of dps if you go s/s in PvE, and bash was the one thing allowing you to kill mobs. Bash wasnt letting you solo any world bosses friend, but I guess thats acceptable?

Meanwhile any ranged class, specifically destro/resto can kite out a world boss for days for an easy solo kill.

Your right, I should probably learn to adapt, run Destro with Impulse on every class, probably go vamp too for some more " Trololol EZ game "
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on 24 May 2014 22:42
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how people say thousands of people can't login. Most I have probably seen on this forum is maybe 100 and it is usually the same people.
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they're piling up, seems like it's getting worse. You might want to start getting nervous now because their ship is sinking. This is exactly what happened to FFXIV 1.0.
    [Moderator Note: Removed quoted content from moderated post.
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on 24 May 2014 22:43
  • atthwsm
    atthwsm
    Rhoric, your tracking the vast majority of people in any game do not visit the forums? Perhaps a google search will explain this to you?

Now factor into this, that the ESO forums are laid out in such an absurd way that your average joe wont even bother trying to find the right sub forum to post in.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google search will bring up the same people raging over and over on different sites under different names to make it look worse than it really is.
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you are very frustrated and confused. Like many other posters here, that have already brought these issues up in a similar fashion. maybe you all shoud go to Zenimax media or Bethesda with your issues. As you call them, "Zeno. The Gods of Bad" seem to be not meeting your expectations. other wise i suggest you post your issues in an orderly fashion, on an already open thread about the issue, instead of posting another spam thread in the CS forum, Becuse "LoL Zeno. The Gods of Bad" is obviously not a title for a help request to the customer support team, but a rage post mucking up the forums.

Moderator Edit: Removed quote from moderated post.
    Edited by ZOS_SandraF on 25 May 2014 00:29
  • atthwsm
    atthwsm
    oh look another rage post. yawn

Yeah, they're piling up, seems like it's getting worse. You might want to start getting nervous now because their ship is sinking. This is exactly what happened to FFXIV 1.0.

Thanks Grim. It seems people point out LEGITIMATE ISSUES with why ESO is a bad MMO, these little bandwagon fellows immediately say your raging.

Raging was the people threatening to quit when delve bosses got nerfed.
    Raging was the people threatening to quit because Vamp got deserved nerfs.
    Raging is the people crying " OP BROKEN OMG " when a vr10 emperor in full gold gear solos 40 lvl 30 toons trying to zerg him.

• atthwsm
    atthwsm
    @‌ Fairy
    LOL! Hey chap, way to discuss the issues that you yourself are probably experiencing, but because your a fanboy It cant be bothered.

I guess good job, good job on allowing a game to die around you because you refuse to discuss or acknowledge problems.

Protip: If the FEW people that take the time to post do not infact TELL ZENO what is wrong with this game, they will not know, and will not fix it. Thanks friend!
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it a rage post? Its pointing out legitimate issues? Its clearly worded and explained? Are you tired? I see that yawn, maybe get some sleep? Or are you too busy exploiting Craglorn right now ?

do I really need to teach you how to write a post with legitimate complaints without sounding like a melodramatic teenage girl? I'll not take the time to dissect your post completely but give you a couple of tips.

The title: LoL and Gods of bad - immediately off putting and before the post is even opened you sound exceptionally angry and childish.

"How did you manage to screw up what SHOULD have been the worlds easiest sell? You had the fanbase of TES and the budget of Bethesda, and yet you ruin this game."

generalizations are stupid. The moment you make a statement that sounds like you speak for everyone you have already lost your argument.

"People spend weeks questing (because you decided that was how we would level to vr10, unless you exploited like 99% of the people that hit vr10 within a couple weeks did, but didnt get a ban) only to find out you could grind trash in Craglorn for a day and be there LOL."

if you are trying to be taken seriously LOL is usually a poor idea. This point may be valid for you - I enjoyed my trip to 10 and now i'm happy that my friends that were around 6 are able to catch up to me and enjoy trials. There needed to be a gap closer - the biggest issue people had with this game was the grind.

"Melee is still pointless. Every single fight in this game is 100x easier if you just run around and kite. Every dungeon, every boss, everything. This is inherently because armor means nothing, again great balancing."

Factually wrong. There are melee builds that are quite amazing - take a look at the top trial times they contain a lot of melee. but i'm sure you know better.

"Nerfing Motif drops? How bout issuing a warning that relogging 1000x in the same spot will be considered a bannable exploit? I never did that one time, ever. The majority of the people playing never did that. Know how many rare motifs we have? Maybe 1. What did you fix? Now the people that exploited your system have dozens selling at 50+k a piece, and nobody else is gonna find them on their own. WP."

haven't been playing lately have you. i've found two daedric books on ACCIDENT since the patch. Though it should have always been rare. Pretty much everyone playing has daedric now.

so yeah... I have my own list of complaints about the game but I know how to make my point without sounding like a brat who needs a diaper change.

also I couldn't very well be "exploiting" craglorn while I'm typing now can I...
    Edited by Laura on 24 May 2014 22:39
  • Vunter
    Vunter
    ✭✭✭
    A shield is not supposed to do more damage than a weapon btw
  • atthwsm
    atthwsm
    You have found 2 Daedrics on accident? The luck you have Im sure! Everyone has Daedric too? Shucks news to me, Im glad to know that!

Top trial runs include melee.. LOL in what way? Run a dungeon with a s/s tank, or run it with 4 ranged - tell me which one is faster friend. Im sure Trials must completely change that huh?

Your glad a blatant exploit is allowing your friends to catch up? Really? Im sure that Zeno planned on zergs of VR1s hitting 10 withing a couple days in Craglorn, most assuredly it was their plan all along, Im sorry for not seeing it! ;)

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_JasonI on 25 May 2014 00:33
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something I wanted to point out:

On your point about Recipes/Motifs Drop-Rates and Containers: ZeniMax recently fixed the issue that most containers were empty upon opening them. It was a bug. The drop-rates for Recipes/Motifs are also now back to the way they used to be before the nerf from V1.0.6 or 1.0.7 (can't remember the exact one at this time, and I'm posting this from my phone, so feel free to research that).

You can see that in the Dev Tracker now.

I've been finding about one motif a day since this patch went active (compared to none at all previously), and almost 11/12 Recipes for my new character at Khenarthi's Roost, so it's definitely back to the way drops used to be on Recipes and Motifs. Before that, I was hard-pressed to find 3-5/12 Recipes in a run of KR and Motifs were so uncommon that you would be lucky to find 'one' in either of your zones for your faction.

I would suggest leaving some more constructive feedback to ZOS next time around.
    Edited by Korozenn on 24 May 2014 22:50
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, folks. We wanted tot pop in to remind you to keep the conversation civil and constructive. Please do not attack other players, as doing to violates our Code of Conduct. If this thread does not return to being on topic, we'll be forced to close it.

In addition, we'd like to let you know that we've moved this thread to the general discussion section of the forums. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • atthwsm
    atthwsm
    @ Koro,

This is troll bait? Really? How? Legitimate issues? MAYBE Im wrong on the Motifs, but that excludes the rest? Ok.

Again, this isnt a flame, Im listing ISSUES that BOTHER many USERS. Im not saying quit, Im not saying cancel your sub. Im so happy that YOU are satisifed right now, but most people are not, as can be see by active users on a weekly basis.

If your happy to blindly let a game die because you wont acknowledge whats wrong with it, thats fine. Im not. Id rather see ESO last into the future.
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    @‌ Fairy
    LOL! Hey chap, way to discuss the issues that you yourself are probably experiencing, but because your a fan boy It cant be bothered.

I guess good job, good job on allowing a game to die around you because you refuse to discuss or acknowledge problems.

Protip: If the FEW people that take the time to post do not in fact TELL ZENO what is wrong with this game, they will not know, and will not fix it. Thanks friend!

The memory leak which crashes my game after 2 hours of play, unable to complete moonlit path, would prefer a cheaper respec, but I'm just Cheap :)

all really minimal impact to me since i just started work on my 2nd character, stay away from group content for now since everyone reports that most of it is hard or broken. Also I have more things to do than worry about this game, and it's not the only game in existence.

If you are upset because you pay for it, then don't pay for it, send your message to ZOS that you are stopping your sub for these issues, and understand that they will close the thread to keep people for attacking your reasons. Keep watch on the game and see if maybe they get their issues fixed. But if you would like this thread to remain open for discussion, then I suggest you calm down and stop attacking everyone who disagrees with or trolls you, by calling them things like exploiters, fanboys, etc. If you think it's a troll post flag it
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, folks. We wanted tot pop in to remind you to keep the conversation civil and constructive. Please do not attack other players, as doing to violates our Code of Conduct. If this thread does not return to being on topic, we'll be forced to close it.

In addition, we'd like to let you know that we've moved this thread to the general discussion section of the forums. Thank you.

see, and now we are in the General game discussion a good place to be for this type of discussion
    Edited by Fairydragon3 on 24 May 2014 22:54
  • atthwsm
    atthwsm
    Again FairyD,

Why is it, when people bring up issues that are making people stop playing, the "fanboys" immediately jump on that person and call them a troll or flamer?

Also no, if you hit vr10 in a week, you exploited. If your zerging the bugged encounters in craglorn right now, your an exploiter. If you loggedoutx1000 for motifs and then sold those motifs, you are in fact an exploiter.

Its not attacking anything.

If the few people that genuinely think this game is in a good spot right now would STOP attacking anyone that posts issues that need fixed, then MAYBE Zeno could move in the right direction.

Crazy thought bro
  • atthwsm
    atthwsm
    And joy. GJ Zeno, way to chime in and move the discussion rather than address something in the post.
  • atthwsm
    atthwsm
    and bampy.
  • atthwsm
    atthwsm
    Hoping to get more insight on what people are wanting to see -