Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Exploit?

Zubba
Zubba
✭✭✭
I watched 2 players in cyrodiil today, while they were suiciding by jumping off a cliff, then rez on spot and repeat. Anyone knows anything about this?
Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • Noswell
    Noswell
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it's called a lemmingport.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if that would be considered an exploit or just incredibly silly.

The only thing they are exploiting is gravity.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zubba wrote: »
    I watched 2 players in cyrodiil today, while they were suiciding by jumping off a cliff, then rez on spot and repeat. Anyone knows anything about this?

Did their behavior give them an advantage over any other player?
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    Noswell wrote: »
    I believe it's called a lemmingport.

They repeated by spawning in place.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

• KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can resurrect using soul gems in Cyrodiil only IF you die without any effect from an enemy player. So, if they jumped off the cliff, then they were not interfered by enemy players, so they could resurrect.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »

Did their behavior give them an advantage over any other player?

Thats what I am asking. I don't know. Could as an example be a bug that causing something thats not meant to happend.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

• ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Soulgems to AP sounds like an awful way.
  • AaronTheBossMan
    AaronTheBossMan
    Soul Shriven
    Ever stop and think, maybe its just two idiots trying to see if they can survive the long fall?
  • Noswell
    Noswell
    ✭✭✭
    I bet they were templars who just read the patch notes.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the free fall is nice.
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    I bet most of you can come up with ideas brighter than this.....

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

• Noswell
    Noswell
    ✭✭✭
    I bet most of you can come up with ideas brighter than this.....

We're spending our Saturday posting on a video game forum. Don't set the bar too high.
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ever stop and think, maybe its just two idiots trying to see if they can survive the long fall?

Now now there, idiot* is such a mundane word to describe that with. Maybe they where just making a sanity check to see if they still were, in fact, insane...
    *From the Latin word Idiota, meaning not interested in politics
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    I remember quite some ago guildies saying they saw players doing this in Cryodiil. Even for an "idiot" there's no reason or logic for doing this unless there was something to be gained for doing so. The only reason I can fathom is that there's some exploit they're doing that is difficult to even guess at.
  • elblobbob14_ESO
    elblobbob14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Noswell wrote: »
    We're spending our Saturday posting on a video game forum. Don't set the bar too high.

That was funny.
  • Jankstar
    Jankstar
    ✭✭✭
    They could be using the armor set that gives back 2 soul gems when you rez someone.
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    Makes sense

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remote possibility those players are just mucking around.

Back when I played medal of honor allied assault multiplayer; one of the maps had a bell tower. Players climbed up & threw themselves off (diving competition). Anyone doing this would die. Either shot in mid air by the enemy players or when hitting the ground.

Point being not all actions in game are nefarious.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can resurrect using soul gems in Cyrodiil only IF you die without any effect from an enemy player. So, if they jumped off the cliff, then they were not interfered by enemy players, so they could resurrect.
    This has been killed by monsters and could rez in place, probably not work for keeps or resources only the other places.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.