Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I was having a lot of fun.

PVT_Parts
PVT_Parts
✭✭✭
I was having a lot of fun in ESO before this latest patch. IDK what it is about it, but now everytime I log in I get bored. I just stand there, maybe flip a few motifs, kill a couple mobs, do a quest, or stand at a wayshrine talking to people and then log out, bored. I don't want this to happen so I'm going to try rolling a new character, but I don't have much faith in that because I have done all the opening quests for EP and DC due to VR lvls. Maybe I will try AD? I hope I find a new class and race fun again.
Edited by PVT_Parts on 24 May 2014 20:46
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Are you trying to say that the patch made you stop having fun?

That's some patch. Now wonder it took so long to download.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you've burned yourself out. I would give it a weeks break and in that time, if you feel the great urge to play then play but if the urge doesn't come then let your sub lapse for a few months and play something else or mix your mmos, play different ones to stop burn out.

Ive played a lot of mmos and very few over the last 15+ years have kept my interest above 3 month. Only exceptions were WoW 4.5 years, STO (From start, 4+ years), rift 2 years and lotro which was about 2.5 years. I still play STO, rift and lotro.
    Edited by Loxy37 on 25 May 2014 07:56
  • p.hurst1b16_ESO
    p.hurst1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest finding a nice guild. The social side if an MMO is important and it is what keeps people playing very old MMO's for many years.

<Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.
  • Dagus
    Dagus
    ✭✭✭
    get a guild, be a regular, talk with people. get into vent/teamspeak/skype. you'll have more fun making *** related jokes with guildies than you would playing any game anyone ever makes.
    Edited by Dagus on 25 May 2014 08:42
    RAWR!!!
  • Sil
    Sil
    ✭✭✭
    Or perhaps he just realized that from a certain level on this game doesn't make much fun anymore for many people, and if you have seen the missions with 2 chars in different alliances you have seen what there is to see... The game gives on the long run not really many opportunities for doing different things. It's more or less the same, only getting harder and harder...
    Edited by Sil on 25 May 2014 08:46
    * auch wenn ich mich aufrege, rege ich mich nicht auf*
  • Sarevok
    Sarevok
    ✭✭
    I'm the same only for different reasons. I knew there wasn't going to be anything to do once hitting VR10 which i'm still not (currently VR7) but I was willing to wait for content patches for that.

So then comes Craglorn, bringing 12 man trials and...well that's about it really besides the increase in VR ranks (which imo was too early), events and quests. After hearing off many people now that the trials are short and the loot is not worth the risk I was disheartened. One group of 12 all reported zero epic drops and only blues.

I went to Craglorn myself to travel around with the zerg that was there to kill some of the events for the chests and was like awesome an epic. Then i seen the VR level of that epic and it was VR6. I was like wth, shouldn't it be VR11 or 12?

So for me I have no incentive anymore to log into and reach VR10 so I can enjoy Craglorn because there is nothing to look forward to.

• Bangstin
    Bangstin
    ✭✭✭
    Careful.It's a hidden 'shield bash got nerfed and can't win every single fight in game by mashing a single button anymore' thread.
    Edited by Bangstin on 25 May 2014 09:11
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    Running around nekked :p with guildies and fighting mobs in Craglorn is a blast and definitely makes it a fun filled Saturday night. B)
    Edited by Gwarok on 25 May 2014 09:26
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• Elirienne
    Elirienne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually the same thing is happening to me right now. It's too much and too little, but too soon, at the same time. Don't know if it makes much sense. But the current set of quests and the direction my character was going seems to have lost purpose a bit. I cannot place craglorn in my head and what it is all about, and how it fits with the world. And I just started Glenumbra at v6 and not feeling that, either. Hope it passes, but I wonder if it would be better to leave it and roll a covenant character to enjoy again?

• Elirienne
    Elirienne
    ✭✭✭✭
    So hang on, has the vp cap got increased too? If yes, then it's decided, I will stop going further in veteran ranks. There's no point if I can never get to end game level...
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    Elirienne wrote: »
    So hang on, has the vp cap got increased too? If yes, then it's decided, I will stop going further in veteran ranks. There's no point if I can never get to end game level...

A truly awesome MMO never truly reaches "end game". If it does reach "end game" then that means "game OVER".

personal drunken skooma moment when writing this
    Edited by Gwarok on 25 May 2014 09:34
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• rotiferuk
    rotiferuk
    ✭✭✭
    Bangstin wrote: »
    Careful.It's a hidden 'shield bash got nerfed and can't win every single fight in game by mashing a single button anymore' thread.

No, it's a thread about people being bored with the game. Your gaming "skillz" apparently had a cost - poor reading comprehension.
    Edited by rotiferuk on 25 May 2014 10:02
    EU Server.
  • Bangstin
    Bangstin
    ✭✭✭
    rotiferuk wrote: »
    Bangstin wrote: »

No, it's a thread about people being bored with the game. Your gaming "skillz" apparently had a cost - poor reading comprehension.

Nah, his last twenty or so posts are complains about shield bash nerf.
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    Elirienne wrote: »
    I wonder if it would be better to leave it and roll a covenant character to enjoy again?

If you do go Daggerfall, send me all the recipes you find. Since the game is so poorly designed that it won't let me find them myself.

I blame John Cleese for Daggerfall, since he's the idiot that sent me there. And all the questing? It's for John. Everything is about John.

John, John, John.

When is the game about me, what I want, and where I want to go?

Never.

Just shut up and keep crawling, lackey.
  • Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    he he yep blame John Cleese
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I agree with the OP. I just can't get the enthusiasm to go out and try to finish quests.
    I've just been riding/walking around collecting crafting stuff and letting it pile up in the bank (and alts)

And it's down to the VR level changes. It's so much hard work to even kill a couple of mobs and there's a good chance of being killed and watching the things heal themselves back up and reset.

I usually spend three or four hours a day playing - but just lately I've been browsing the forum and watching youtube videos of Monty Python instead.
    - That's the John Cleese influence again. (true story)
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was having fun until I hit VR content ... and no, the difficulty didn't bother me in the slightest ... although I wouldn't know, i've only done a couple of hand in quests.

It's because of the zone.

Said it before, I hate AD's areas. I made a character in Daggerfall and one in Ebonheart. Managed to crawl to level 14 in AD and deleted it, truly detest those areas.

So I need to do them for vet .... I don't think so.

That pretty much sucked the fun out of it for me. Just getting my NB up to VR1 and then i'll be moving along.
    Edited by rawne1980b16_ESO on 25 May 2014 11:32
  • morashtakb16_ESO
    morashtakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with many points;
    • After hitting VR10 I shudder in dread at rolling another character and going through all the same quests again.
    • Our guild has been getting quieter and quieter in Mumble as the gaming days has rolled by and fewer people are logging on.
    • Being a casual guild just a few of our members are VR level which means there are fewer opportunities to go to Craglorn with friends.
    • I definitely would be leveling another character if top level would have been 50 and we weren't thrown into the other faction's zones and had to do all the content here.
    • There is little to do at VR10 now except "Join the Zerg and See Craglorn!" which is not a great selling point for any MMO.
    VR levels and Craglorn are reeking of developer panic.
    Edited by morashtakb16_ESO on 25 May 2014 11:40