Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Recap of New Patch

Dimar
Dimar
✭✭
Let's see, we fixed some bugs, made the game more difficult overall, and basically made leveling a Templar a useless exercise. Well as I start and stuck with a Templar, I can either become a priest healer and never solo again or just quit altogether. Wow, Thanks Bethesda!
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difficulty change was already fixed, and if you want to start a thread whining about Templars, don't try and disguise it as a thread about the patch.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Dimar
    Dimar
    ✭✭
    Hi there Troll! Doesn't change the fact that now templars are useless.
  • MichaelD
    MichaelD
    Why useless? I heal extremely well and my solo is as it was (not used bitting jabs ever). So maybe you want to explain why Templars suck now? Or maybe you want to pick up some more skills.
    Here I'll even make a build for you for 80% of mobs
    Blazing Spears
    Vampires Bane
    Volcanic Rune
    Breath of life
    Circle of Protection > Ring of preservation

There now you can quest.
  • Decimus_Rex
    Decimus_Rex
    ✭✭✭
    Dimar wrote: »
    Hi there Troll! Doesn't change the fact that now templars are useless.

They are reverting jabs so you can get back on your one trick pony

Emocowboy
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    The difficulty change was already fixed, and if you want to start a thread whining about Templars, don't try and disguise it as a thread about the patch.

Its not fixed, as you may notice in the VR dificulty thread.
  • Dimar
    Dimar
    ✭✭
    Yeah I can dawn light armor robes and be a healer/caster, or I can do the medium armor and become a Nightblade, but as a heavy armor class tank/healer, I'm fairly well screwed. If I give up armor for magicka, I can't tank, if I can't tank what's the point of a templar, may as well be DK. Oh and they didn't nerf DK DPS.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShintaiDK wrote: »

Its not fixed, as you may notice in the VR dificulty thread.

It sure was fixed for me. So either I got stronger, or my display is so bugged that enemies are back to their pre-patch difficulty level in my eyes only.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on 24 May 2014 17:02
    ----
    Murray?
  • MichaelD
    MichaelD
    tank/healer... its tank OR healer...
    I really can object with actual numbers with anyone that thinks that healing with heavy armor or ONLY healing staff is possible for VR dungeons.
    Templar is best when he heals, healing needs light armor passives.
  • Dimar
    Dimar
    ✭✭
    MichaelD wrote: »
    tank/healer... its tank OR healer...
    I really can object with actual numbers with anyone that thinks that healing with heavy armor or ONLY healing staff is possible for VR dungeons.
    Templar is best when he heals, healing needs light armor passives.

Well if templars are light armor healers, then why are the only one of two classes who can and are supposed to wear heavy armor.
  • Findécano
    Dimar wrote: »
    Oh and they didn't nerf DK DPS.

What? Really?. Sir, you dont know anything
    The DK was the most affected TANK in the game.
    Stop whining they nerf a skill, i used a templar and i used a DK.
    Templars are still good. DK with 1h is useless now.
    And if anyone is gonna say that bash had to be nerfed they're right.
    It was way too powerful. Now the DK doesn't have anything, the DPS of 1H is ridiculously low, yes bash had to be nerfed but other skills active/pasives needs to slightly balance the lack of damage the DK does.
  • Orlacc
    Orlacc
    ✭✭✭
    The OP is the troll as mentioned earlier. Giving the thread a deceptive title so folks are drawn here to see OP whine.
  • Dimar
    Dimar
    ✭✭
    Orlacc wrote: »
    The OP is the troll as mentioned earlier. Giving the thread a deceptive title so folks are drawn here to see OP whine.

No one said DK's were OP! What it says is that templars were under powered to start with and now they are basically useless.