Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Nightblades "Ambush" is broken.

bg22
bg22
✭✭✭✭✭
Yesterday in Pvp, if someone was above my character such as on a hill, ambush would not work. My character would go through the animation, but remain in place, dealing no damage and not even exiting stealth.

This happened well over 25 times.

Add that to you list of "coming content updates" which should be hot-fixes.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else experiencing this bug?

It's beyond annoying me.
  • Veruka
    Veruka
    ✭✭✭
    I've only experienced it if there is an object in the way, be it a bush or broken wall etc.

A few times I have tried to ambush up a hill, an error message appears stating my character can't jump that high. I didn't notice an animation for it, though.. but maybe it's along the same lines for you?
    Edited by Veruka on 25 May 2014 20:08
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, that's additional to what I'm experiencing. This happens greatly when I'm fighting in the North-Western section of the map, since it is very "hilly".

If they're below me on the hill, it works fine. If they're above me on the hill, I remain stationary and inflict no damage.
  • Veruka
    Veruka
    ✭✭✭
    Next time you try it and it doesn't follow through, look up at the top right of your screen for an error.

The only time mine has done the actual animation is if there's something small in the way, though.. My character will jump and scream and do all the normal movements, but not actually go anywhere and my target will remain unharmed.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be sure to look. Thanks.
  • Trisstraeb14_ESO
    Yeah, I experienced this yesterday in PvP as well. I think that it has to do with general unresponsiveness, though - at least that's what it felt like to me. I'm finding a lot of my skills aren't working, I'll even get the sound effects from Mark Target/Concealed Weapon and etc plus the resource is consumed, but the skill doesn't go off - so in the case of Ambush, no teleport. In the case of Concealed Weapon, no damage. In the case of Mark Target--Reaper's Mark, no heal (despite the fact the effect is visually on the player or monster)
  • Tendeep
    Tendeep
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, elevation, path obstructions, etc are all messing with this skill.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tendeep wrote: »
    Yes, elevation, path obstructions, etc are all messing with this skill.

Yup, apparently my shadowed path that I hop through during ambush cannot navigate up.
    Edited by bg22 on 25 May 2014 21:48
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll say this is how is should work, because it was overpowered before. And I'll say, just please die! You just ultimately squished the NB. Sorry, rerolled from VR5 to Sorc already. Had enough of this shay-te and being "Oh, Nightblade, sorry, please go somewhere else" when grouping. Well, fact you too.