Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How are Werewolves and Vampires now?

Johnny_NO_skillz
Johnny_NO_skillz
✭✭✭
I just came back for the big update last night... been off for about 2 weeks. I have a Werewolf and Vampire character (Temp and DK respectively), and I was wondering, did the patch do anything to fight bite scammers? Are spawns for regular? Just curious.

Oh, and how do you feel about the 725 ult requirement for werewolf form, lowered from 925? Is this low enough? Thanks guys.
  • Insanyti
    Insanyti
    ✭✭✭
    All I can tell you for certain is that the vampire bugs concerning the passive skills are still there. (aka they're not working as intended)

As for the rest, I'm not 100 percent on so I won't comment.
  • Johnny_NO_skillz
    Johnny_NO_skillz
    ✭✭✭
    Insanyti wrote: »
    All I can tell you for certain is that the vampire bugs concerning the passive skills are still there. (aka they're not working as intended)

As for the rest, I'm not 100 percent on so I won't comment.

Well I'm at least glad they listened to us Werewolf folks and lowered the Ult requirement. I've been working A LOT this past week (retail before holiday...) so I haven't had much time to play with my WW main - but 725 sounds reasonable... as long as I can use it more than once in an instance.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest problem with werewolf form is the terrible duration it had. I've not played that character for a week or so (at least beyond crafting), but I will say I could accept the large ultimate cost if it actually stayed up long enough to be worth using at all. Devour doesn't seem to actually extend anything, and more often than not I find its better off to just fight nonstop than devour. This ability is clearly bugged, and works nothing like it did in Skyrim. To the best of my knowledge it seems that you get 1 devour per transformation, beyond that any further devours is a waste of time. Whether that is true or not, I really do not know, but that's how it feels. I can recall running through killing mobs at about once per few seconds, mopping up with a devour immediately afterwards, and still only getting a minute duration.

The problem with werewolf is that the form itself is pretty weak even when you've spent the excessive point expenditure in it. Its mutually exclusive with using any other skills, and you only get 2 abilities. You can't stun break, and your attacks really don't feel any more aggressive than your standard human/mer ones. All in all, Werewolf looks and feels like ZOS wants it to be a weak skillset. On top of all this, you get a poison weakness (I have no idea why) to balance some overpowering what? Unlike Vampire you can't stack your wolf and human abilities together. At best you get a small bonus to earning ultimate based on playing in a tanky type of a role. I can understand why Vampires have the weaknesses that they do, but really there isn't a good Lore or Game Mechanic reason at this time why Werewolves should have their poison weakness.

That being said, while the wolf form is going, it is fun, it just never feels like it is enough. Its certainly not strong enough to warrant the 1000 ultimate it costs (any ultimate I have is more useful) and its often much more risky to be in wolf form. Significantly more risky. While in human form you take a big hit to poison damage, with no real benefit aside from a couple ultimate every six seconds maximum(I don't recollect the exact # of seconds) while you are being struck. My advice to anyone wanting to play werewolf is simple. If you're doing it for fun, go right ahead (although I hope they make Devour function a lot more like it did in Skyrim). If you're doing it for power, you are probably looking at the wrong skill tree. Lycanthropy is most definitely a curse.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Ingwe
    Ingwe
    What this guy above said. I took WW just because I wanted to feel how it plays, but I very very very rarely actually use the ulti. The time it takes to rake up the 725 ulti just takes longer than any other ulti I have (Nova recharges quicker), and then there is the constant resetting of the ulti. It seems that whenever I turn in a quest my ulti gets reset.

Then I have to rake up 725 ulti again, only to transform for what feels to me like 8 sec of seeing how fast I can kill one mob - 2 sec transform time, 4 sec running around and hitting a mob, and then 2 sec of being a sitting duck while I transform back. Cant dodge, cant roll, cant break cc... dammit man I'm a freaking huge, scary, hungry wolf - yet it feels like im only a cat on steroids for a short period of time seeking a bowl of milk

Yes devour doesn't feel like it adds time (there should be a timer that shows you how long you have as this will make me back off from mobs so I don't engage them and suddenly poooof im dead cause I transformed back.)

The 2 skills is kinda ok, I would have loved to have some kind of enraged attack that just makes you go wild snapping with your jaws and claws to make you feel like that wild beast! I think adding 1 or 2 extra skills, even if they are just utility would go a long way since we cant use ANY other skills. I really thought if you morphed the WW ability that pack leader and beserker would get 1 or 2 extra skills.

Pack leader - howling or something that helps other WW nearby or calls them
    Beserker - some kind of enraged ability

Oh and if someone from Z is reading this, please please please change the appearance of the morph abilities. Pack leader turns white, why cant beserker turn black with red eyes and blood dripping from the mouth hehe, ok forget the blood, but I mean honestly, let me change color as well or make me look all raggedy and shaggy or even make me look bigger!

As for vamps, the price has gone really low, between 2-5k and even for free. I bite a lot of times for free even. Still enjoy my vamp more than my ww simply because i can use other skills.
    Edited by Ingwe on 24 May 2014 20:49
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been of the opinion that in my guild, these things are for fun. One of the main reasons I had characters pick up the Werewolf and Vampire skill lines is so I could pass along these abilities to others. Certainly, people can just go farm it themselves, but it is nice to be able to hand carry this sort of thing to your friends. The Wolf and V Exams are limiting enough after all.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Lepratul
    Lepratul
    Soul Shriven
    Vampire passive "undeath" armor still not working. Vampire Stage 2-4 after relog or change map not give discount to mana and ultimate. This is same old problem since beta.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about the bite scammers but I have noticed a hell of a lot of people giving away free bites.

People that sell them are only asking for about 2k.

That's on Ebonheart EU in the Rift. No idea about other factions but we have it cheap.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about the bite scammers but I have noticed a hell of a lot of people giving away free bites.

People that sell them are only asking for about 2k.

That's on Ebonheart EU in the Rift. No idea about other factions but we have it cheap.
    This was very predictable, in the beginning it was rare as few had the skill and scamers camped the spawn points making it hard to get.
    As the vampire and werewolf population grew you would fast end up in a situation where more people was vamp or WW than want the transform, in short its just an common service cost money as if used he can not use on friend until next week.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.