Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Did they nerf the textures ?!?!

VesoRakia
VesoRakia
Guys am I the only one who thinks textures are lowered after update ? I mean after i logged on i was like, lol did it revert my graphic settings to default, but no. I am playing on maxed out settings and the textures of the walls,buildings, stones, mountains are really crappy after the update. I mean really noticeably crappy ? I'm running the game on a lap-top at ultra on 40fps and don't need any nerfing, whoever isnt happy with his FPS just lower their graphics settings not mine !
  • Asasin
    Asasin
    Yeah, I've seen other people bring this up in game and have noticed it myself.
    In the more crowded places (banks, crafting stations, etc.), it seems like the textures take much, much longer than normal to populate. Sometimes, they don't at all, and you're stuck staring at a low resolution talking blob.

I haven't noticed it in places where I'm the only player, but maybe I just never did.
  • VesoRakia
    VesoRakia
    Nope, i'm soloing and even standing for 2 minutes in front of a stone or ground or wall doesn't make it load a nice texture, still crappy. I definetely dont like this.
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well perhaps, but on the other hand for lower configuration, I have much much higher FPS from 30-ish avg to 40/50-ish avg on a nvidia 630M. And I am soooo grateful for that.

I think they could find a way to keep the 2 configurations options :) But do not revert it back for low spec machines.

• VesoRakia
    VesoRakia
    There is a perfect example. Look at rock on left and on right,(i guess they forgot to nerf the one on the right :) Before update everything was as nice as the right one, now i play on ultra and see the Duke Nukem 3d graphics like on the left:) The difference is very very very large
    eso.jpg
    Edited by VesoRakia on 24 May 2014 13:43
  • VesoRakia
    VesoRakia
    Am I really the only one concerned with this ? What do you all play from, tetrises and tamagochis. No offence to the low-spec guys but thats why the options are. I don't like MMOs beacuse their graphics usually suck, this one didn't, now it does. Make an ULTRA options to bring back old textures and thats it whats the problem ? FFS look at the picture above, the change is enormous.
    Edited by VesoRakia on 25 May 2014 06:42
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...IDK what you guys are talking about. THey boosted resolution of text. and appears to have increased FOV.
    Indeed it is so...
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, noticed it immediately upon logging in. Colors are more faded then usual - I went to feed my horse and, when I looked at the apple, though "huh, it looks like I can't feed her. I haven't fed her for 2 days, so what's up...?"

Then I realized I could still click on the apple - the colors were so faded, it looked like the grey of "you cannot feed horse" color.
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • VesoRakia
    VesoRakia
    Hmm i updated my nvidia drivers, could be that, ill try reverting. If that's the way they get more FPS, no thanks. I'd take good looks over 4-5 FPS any day. Im not talking about colors, im talking pure texture resolution, and a lot of it. Picture above explains exactly what i mean - Quake 3 resolutions are not good in 2014. Here is another example. Please tell me if you (on Ultra settings) see the walls/stones the same way or is it something bugged with my PC eso2.jpg
    Edited by VesoRakia on 25 May 2014 07:13
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got the same problem. Everything on High and Ultra and textures are...grrr... plus, the Bots are back. So...what is the point continuing? Will play out my subscription..that is it....
  • PF1901
    PF1901
    ✭✭✭
    Something does seem to have been changed graphic wise. Can't really say what but so far I don't like it too much. On the other hand maybe i'm imagining things but something smells fishy.
    Edited by PF1901 on 25 May 2014 10:42
  • drax036
    drax036
    ✭✭
    Same, post latest hotfix textures are meh. Can I have 1.0.8 back please it worked and looked good.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They actually updated the textures with craiglorn or at least that was the impression I got with things looking better and reverted it with the hotfix (most likely because the new graphics were part of the problem)
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • VesoRakia
    VesoRakia
    That's not reverted dude, that's Morrowind engine in 2014. I was more than happy with the graphics a week ago,now i get frustrated every time i get close to a wall. Can somebody please post a high res image in 1080p with ultra settings of a close up to a stone wall, i want to compare.
    Edited by VesoRakia on 25 May 2014 10:35
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I get after the patch:

2135-230514132743-473201742.jpeg

2135-230514132746-473331779.jpeg

2135-240514153307-47337856.jpeg

2135-240514153304-47334398.jpeg

Clayworld!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed it too.

Everything set as high as I can get it yet it looks patchy and blocky in places.
  • AJ_7861
    AJ_7861
    Soul Shriven
    This is definitely a driver issue.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't notice a change after the update but I did just update my nVidia drivers last night but I haven't played since then. I will have to check it out to see if I see a change. Don't quit over something like this. This is definitely not intended so ZO or nVidia need to get their stuff together.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Singular wrote: »
    Yes, noticed it immediately upon logging in. Colors are more faded then usual - I went to feed my horse and, when I looked at the apple, though "huh, it looks like I can't feed her. I haven't fed her for 2 days, so what's up...?"

Then I realized I could still click on the apple - the colors were so faded, it looked like the grey of "you cannot feed horse" color.

They changed the icon.

If it looked almost grey to you, have your eyes checked or check your settings.