Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Healing with a destro staff

mark.markandb16_ESO
Hi Folks,
I've got my Templar to level 43 using Dual wield and a healing staff.
I recently decided to try out using a destroy lightning staff instead of the dual wield.
To my surprise I was able to put Honor the dead and healing ritual from the restoring light line and use these heals even with the destro staff equipped.

Is this supposed to be possible, or is it a bug?
I presumed that in order to use healing spells you must have a healing staff equipped? Is this not the case?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely sounds like a bug.
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    Uh, you can use Templar heals without a resto staff. So yes, you could have used them with another weapon the entire time. If they are resto staff heals, then it sounds like a bug.
  • PhoenixWing
    PhoenixWing
    ✭✭
    Your class skills can be used with any weapons, that makes Templar the only class that can heal without restoration staff!
    Phoenixwing (NA): High Elf Aldmeri Dominion Sorcerer who love PvP!
  • mark.markandb16_ESO
    Excellent...thanks for the replies :)
  • Kreager
    Kreager
    ✭✭✭
    ZOMG incoming NERF!!!!
  • MichaelD
    MichaelD
    I hope this is a troll post otherwise some people probably don't actually read the tooltips...

The weapon skills are only limited when you have the particular weapon slotted, EVERY other skill can be cast normally...
  • mark.markandb16_ESO
    MichaelD wrote: »
    I hope this is a troll post otherwise some people probably don't actually read the tooltips...

The weapon skills are only limited when you have the particular weapon slotted, EVERY other skill can be cast normally...

I do apologise for not realising this. It must be great to be you and know everything about everything. To automatically assume this was a troll thread because OMG....how could anyone not know this!! With an attitude like yours I think your future is going to be rather bleak.

Have a nice day.
  • TazzyD83
    TazzyD83
    ✭✭

I do apologise for not realising this. It must be great to be you and know everything about everything. To automatically assume this was a troll thread because OMG....how could anyone not know this!! With an attitude like yours I think your future is going to be rather bleak.

Have a nice day.

+1

Made me smile
  • PhoenixWing
    PhoenixWing
    ✭✭

Chill down, man. Not knowing is not a crime! This purpose of this forum is to have this kind of questions, anyway.
  • Monkeyshoeslive
    Monkeyshoeslive
    ✭✭✭

Chill down, man. Not knowing is not a crime! This purpose of this forum is to have this kind of questions, anyway.

You are both correct. Tool tips, as vague as they can be in ESO, still help you out.
  • PhoenixWing
    PhoenixWing
    ✭✭

You are both correct. Tool tips, as vague as they can be in ESO, still help you out.

Yup I guess so. Still, I wish they did make the tooltips more clear in some parts.

I have to search the internet about how to get into Cyrodiil (about campaign stuffs). I guess that part is easy to miss (is there even a tooltip for that? lol).