Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ruined game and bank holiday weekend = canceled subs

InstantDnB
InstantDnB
✭✭
Im seriously considering cancelling my subs to this game after the last patch. Id just hit VR1 done half of the Ebonheart VR1 area then the patch came in and has made the game fully unplayable in solo... I was having lots of fun with my Tank Templar, was able to kill most mobs (not easily) still had to group up for bosses etc but I expect and like that.. what bothers me is that I can have full health and durability and get hit twice and die. I am now a total wimp with a ninja nerfed spear. I don't wanna play with this build anymore, you have ruined it for me.

All the fun is gone from this game. its now just a death fest unless ur constantly grouped up even for the easiest solo quests.

easy for you to break the game but how long will it take to fix.. im not paying whilst waiting
Tony Tut Tiger - Templar [Tank] - A.D.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Veteran area difficulty has been scaled down, apparently mobs being able to 1hk players was a serious bug. The Biting Jabs nerf is also going to be reverted soon.
    QQing is a full time job
  • InstantDnB
    InstantDnB
    ✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »
    Veteran area difficulty has been scaled down, apparently mobs being able to 1hk players was a serious bug. The Biting Jabs nerf is also going to be reverted soon.

yes this is great news.. id be happy to continue providing I can stand a fighting chance,, atm im scared to leave the main town. the big question is when???? if its this weekend then ill happily stay,, if theyre gonna make us wait til the next big patch... they can jog on imo
  • rotiferuk
    rotiferuk
    ✭✭✭
    This is posted at the top of the forum.

"As of 9PM EDT on 5/23, we have completed a hotfix on both megaservers that reverted the difficulty of Veteran Rank content (50+ and 50++) to what it was prior to patch 1.1.2. Thank you for your patience as we fixed the issue."
    EU Server.
  • Millionaires
    Millionaires
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the facepalm emoticon at?

"I can no longer solo mobs in a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game" -- :'(!!

How dare ZeniMax make the game require teamwork, shame on them. Please do unsubscribe though, without being rude, if you're going to cry over every change I'd much rather you did cancel your subscription and went back to playing Call of Duty.
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭

"I can no longer solo mobs in a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game" -- :'(!!

How dare ZeniMax make the game require teamwork, shame on them. Please do unsubscribe though, without being rude, if you're going to cry over every change I'd much rather you did cancel your subscription and went back to playing Call of Duty.

This guy is obviously an idiot.
    Edited by dcincali on 24 May 2014 09:58
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭

You realize with the majority of modern day mmos, group content is typically only dungeons and pvp right?
    QQing is a full time job
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    rotiferuk wrote: »

"As of 9PM EDT on 5/23, we have completed a hotfix on both megaservers that reverted the difficulty of Veteran Rank content (50+ and 50++) to what it was prior to patch 1.1.2. Thank you for your patience as we fixed the issue."

The hot fix did not apply correctly. The HP was reduced, but the damage output stayed the same and the xp is now pre-crag patch.
  • Millionaires
    Millionaires
    ✭✭✭

You realize with the majority of modern day mmos, group content is typically only dungeons and pvp right?

What an amazing assumption, that's player mentality, not the developer mentality.
    It's not hard to type in /zone "Anyone want to come group with me to kill some mobs? :)" 9/10 someone will want to join you, hard content makes people work together, which is what MMO's need, need to get away from FPS and WoW mentality.

I've played almost every MMO released, and I have never seen this much crying over such little things.
    Edited by Millionaires on 24 May 2014 10:01
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame they already fixed the VR monster issue, guess now you have to keep playing. :P

Honestly though if you don't enjoy the game, leave and find something you do. If you do like the game and are just upset then sorry but that's going to happen from time to time with an MMO.

Now if you're upset because you can't solo 100% of the game, well... I don't think you're really looking for an MMO. While the main leveling path is normally doable solo these days almost every MMO has 4+ player requirement for end game content.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    rotiferuk wrote: »

They didnt revert the difficulty. They may have for a few select mobs. Its just another fail fix from Zenimax.
  • InstantDnB
    InstantDnB
    ✭✭
    please read my original comment where i stated that i enjoy grouping for bosses etc.. and no i dont expect to solo the entire game,, i just want to be able to walk through the vr areas without having to drink 30 potions.. love the trolls on here
    Edited by InstantDnB on 24 May 2014 10:04
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So says lots of people. They better get their s*** straight before people start leaving in droves.
  • Millionaires
    Millionaires
    ✭✭✭
    InstantDnB wrote: »
    please read my original comment where i stated that i enjoy grouping for bosses etc.. and no i dont expect to solo the entire game,, i just want to be able to walk through the vr areas without having to drink 30 potions.. love the trolls on here

Why are you trying to stroll around in end-game areas? Lol.
  • InstantDnB
    InstantDnB
    ✭✭
    why are u trolling around in genuine forums
  • Grygnak
    Grygnak
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Shame they already fixed the VR monster issue, guess now you have to keep playing. :P

Honestly though if you don't enjoy the game, leave and find something you do. If you do like the game and are just upset then sorry but that's going to happen from time to time with an MMO.

Now if you're upset because you can't solo 100% of the game, well... I don't think you're really looking for an MMO. While the main leveling path is normally doable solo these days almost every MMO has 4+ player requirement for end game content.

I do enjoy grouping, but to sit and fight through all the bugs in this game is beyond tolerable. So I took your advice and moved on to Archeage....Much better MMO with alot more depth.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Scaled down ! ! !
    twsjqjoejm5j.png

This was taken this morning, if that's scaled down I'm a mudcrabs uncle ! ! !
    (and that was a VR2 trash mob hitting me)
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Bloodless
    Bloodless
    ✭✭
    add me to the list f possible canceling my sub.
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No canceled sub here, loving the new patch so far.

Sorry the game is too hard for you.
  • InstantDnB
    InstantDnB
    ✭✭
    its not too hard its unbalanced

• Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is dead. Idiots behind the wheel creating more problems then they are fixing.

It's almost as if they sit around a table going....

"Hmmm... what can we do to *** off players and make them quit the game so we don't have to keep working on it? I GOT IT! Make the already fairly difficult veteran content harder and make everyone constantly crash out of the game!"
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What an amazing assumption, that's player mentality, not the developer mentality.
    It's not hard to type in /zone "Anyone want to come group with me to kill some mobs? :)" 9/10 someone will want to join you, hard content makes people work together, which is what MMO's need, need to get away from FPS and WoW mentality.

I've played almost every MMO released, and I have never seen this much crying over such little things.

Problem is when others have /zone off no one hears you. Last night there was a *not* fascinating discussion/monologue going on about how someone wasn't getting any dates, and was "dating his hand". Whatever happened I have no idea, because I shut down the zone chat. The person admitted in other zones people were cussing him out and telling him to shut up.

• Arthur_Spoonfondle
    Arthur_Spoonfondle
    ✭✭✭✭
    To all of you whinging and threatening to cancel your sub over every little change you overreact to.

Nobody cares.
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all of you whinging and threatening to cancel your sub over every little change you overreact to.

Nobody cares.

Nobody cares that nobody cares.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the best to those leaving and hope you all find what you're looking for elsewhere, sorry this wasn't what you wanted it to be.

If you have things on your account you don't want and play on EU servers I am more than happy to take donations, I kind of fail at making money in the game. :P Turelus is my handle in game as well.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • moskil
    moskil
    InstantDnB wrote: »
    Im seriously considering cancelling my subs to this game after the last patch. Id just hit VR1 done half of the Ebonheart VR1 area then the patch came in and has made the game fully unplayable in solo... I was having lots of fun with my Tank Templar, was able to kill most mobs (not easily) still had to group up for bosses etc but I expect and like that.. what bothers me is that I can have full health and durability and get hit twice and die. I am now a total wimp with a ninja nerfed spear. I don't wanna play with this build anymore, you have ruined it for me.

All the fun is gone from this game. its now just a death fest unless ur constantly grouped up even for the easiest solo quests.

easy for you to break the game but how long will it take to fix.. im not paying whilst waiting

I feel exactly the same. I spend almost 2months to exp my Tank, now my V3 char is totally unplayable and i have no desire to play. My dmg is very low, i have a Tank but its doesnt matter coz with 2400pdef i take insanely high dmg from mobs. For now even sorcer with his summons tank much better as my tank. Yesterday i tried to kill miniboss - 6 Tigers 12000hp each. Sorcer killed 5 of them in the same time when i eat half Hp from last tiger and it took all my stamina and mana. After it tiger killed me with hit around 1200dmg.

• steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody cares.

I can guarantee you that there's a few people with big spreadsheets in Zenimax who care an awful lot. And their 'caring' is going to start falling onto the heads of the people causing those numbers to fall like a ton of bricks.

Everyone, people like me, who really want this to be a great game we can play for years, should care deeply about lost customers.

That's why we are getting so bent out of shape over the clown cavalcade update process.

Every time they patch they seriously break stuff. Things get in that should have been and often were picked up in testing and ignored.

Then, as sure as night follows day the next step is to claim to have fixed it without actually doing so.

They re taking what could still be a great game and flushing it down the pan.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then you must not have been reading up on the forums of those mmos, because I saw plenty. With that aside, this was a very big deal. Not a little thing. When you change something that big and not say a PEEP for 24 hours after the patch with people screaming and unsubbing it's a huge deal to those people. Especially when you see an almost immediate response to people complaining about missing achievements. It was a very big deal to me, but not enough to make me unsub. It's the level of incompetence of the patch dev team that should make people very nervous about the future of this game.

• InstantDnB
    InstantDnB
    ✭✭
    in all honesty i really dont wanna cancel. id been loving the game until yesterdays patch. i loved every element of the way it played solo and group. my build has changed so much that its made it unplayable. i feel like ive wasted a whole month building a char thats now useless. a hotfix could solve this issue.. its just a question of when? (great that they picked bank holiday weekend to screw things up)
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hard content makes people work together
    Hear, hear.
    Edited by Sarenia on 24 May 2014 11:03
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody cares.

Well... Since these sort of "canceling my sub" messages are increasing, someone should care.