Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I like the 4man dungeon changes!

Thunderchief
Thunderchief
✭✭✭
Dungeon Chest Changes

Chests within instances have undergone two changes:
Shared Chests – Each player in the group whose character is within 50 meters of the chest when it is unlocked will get an individual roll on the chest.
Reduced Number of Chests – Since each chest yields rewards for all group members, we have reduced the number of chests in instances to two total. Each instance will always have two chests in then, but the location of these two chests will be random within the dungeon.
These changes do not affect chests that appear in public spaces, only those within instances.

No more rushing to be the first to open a chest. No more being left behind while group moves on to next boss.
Also not mentioned in patch notes Heavy Sacks in dungeons can be looted by all members of the group just like other containers.
These changes have made 4 man dungeons a much smoother run.

One change needs to be made to make things less frustrating though. You can not get the quest for a dungeon if you have not already done the dungeon in the previous zone for your alliance. eg if you haven't done Deshaan dungeon quest you can not acquire the Shadowfen Arx dungeon quest.

I have been doing content in each zone by natural progression through from start to finish and dungeons are usually located at the other end from where you enter the zone. This means I am constantly leveling past the level for which the dungeon was intend.

I was overleveled for Darkshade so I skipped it. When I got to Arx I found I couldn't pick up the quest. I was in a group so I did it anyway. Then I went back and did Darkshade with a group of people about 8 levels lower than myself just so i could get the quest completion. When I went back to Arx I could get the quest from the german lady.

When I reached Eastmarch I decided I would do the dungeon first. It felt strange skipping all the zone content but I didn't want to overlevel to a point where I couldn't find a group on the group finder. When I got to Direfrost the quest was bugged but was in a group so did it anyway with no skill point gain :( , the group also went on to Tempest dungeon but because I hadn't finished quest for Direfrost I couldn't get quest for Tempest. Again no skill point :(

Afterwards with my next group I figured out that you can get the Direfrost quest as long as you are not in a group and enter the dungeon solo.

Please remove the prerequisites from the dungeon quests. If you are present and capable of doing the dungeon you should be able to pick up the quest.