Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Any compensation for (now deleted) Scourge pvpers?

Hridh
Hridh
✭✭
As both Scourge campaigns were deleted BY ERROR ahead of schedule (see staff post opening http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100718/scourge-campaign/p1 ), will there be any compensation (end of campaign rewards, even if 2/3 only; Dwemer-like title?) for people who had their home campaign there?

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ouch, my comisserations.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    The single fact that they didnt just restore it is troublesome to put it mildly. But again, their recent hotfix also felt flat on the ground in a nosedive.
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    Well, if they could hotfix the VR mobs doing too much damage (did they take down the servers for it?), some kind of solution for Scourge, and a quick one would equally be appreciated!

Currently, I dare not select a new 'home' campaign in case our Scourge scores might still be stored and could be restored...
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion there's still too many PvP servers.
    The beginning of the words is ALMSIVI. I give you this as Vivec.
    Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    Here is your compensation, i hope you are happy now
    takethis.jpg
    Edited by Kemono on 24 May 2014 11:52
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    Take the kitty and run, it's a fair deal. I hear Dunmer in Morrowind will pay a pretty penny for them to work the plantations.
    The beginning of the words is ALMSIVI. I give you this as Vivec.
    Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    What a brilliant job mocking the situations folks, imagine that happened to your campaign?
  • Rocksteady
    Rocksteady
    ✭✭✭
    Hridh wrote: »
    What a brilliant job mocking the situations folks, imagine that happened to your campaign?

God forbid somebody be positive about something bad. Remember what laughing feels like? You should give it a try... Remember, this is a game.
    "Their stupidity does not amaze me, its when they're smart that amazes me. It's baffling whenever you find someone who's smart — incredible. Soon you'll have zoos for such things." -Frank Zappa
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    The compensation was you could move to any new campaign with all your points.. Pretty good imo..
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    Yeah, sparing 15k pts certainly is a fair compensation for the tremendous hours I poured into having been number 4 on Ebonheart side leaderboards. Plus knowing the people, the guilds around, the feeling of community over these 7 weeks, all thrown down the Dwemer flush?
    Edited by Hridh on 24 May 2014 13:41
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    Any words about re-opening or doing a real end of campaign?
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    Is it actually not possible to give us a time-proportionate end of campaign rewards as per leaderboards by time of closing Scourge?

It was said this was done BY ERROR. So, please, try to make good for your error by giving us what we rightfully invested time into. *** happens, ok ; what counts is how you can manage the situation afterwards.

And I think nobody could claim it unfair to just hand out the campaign rewards, and thus treat it is as end-forever of the campaign, not randomly having gone all Dwemer on it (although a special title, like Dwemer of Scourge, would fit nicely, *hint*)
  • fallensbane_ESO
    fallensbane_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I feel like Their QA and Dev team are basically this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQGX3J6DAGw
    Edited by fallensbane_ESO on 18 June 2014 02:24
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compensation in the form of game time, AP or something sure.
    An special title or item not so much as that starts down the slippery road of "something broke for me, I demand a title for it!"
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."