Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dear Devs

RazzPitazz
RazzPitazz
✭✭✭✭
Tell us about yourselves.
No, seriously. All the forum searching and managing must be tiresome, especially when you see the same redundant posts and end up posting the same redundant replies in multiple threads (Iv'e seen it, don't be bashful).
In my experienc on forums, it becomes a lot easier to quell silly literary uprisings when forum-goers understand the devs and mods are people too; even more-so when we understand your roll in the company and how it relates to us.
So, tell us about yourselves. What do you do? What do like to do? Tell us what about this game appeals to you, or what about this game makes it worth combing the forums day-in and day-out.
PC NA
VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of want to have a Morgan Freeman voice over saying "The ZOS Developer is a rare sight, however sometimes if one is lucky they will crawl onto the forums in search of social interaction." :P
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell us what about this game appeals to you, or what about this game makes it worth combing the forums day-in and day-out.
    I don't think this is allowed. Personally I worked as CS before, and it really depends on how much information the other departments are willing to supply us.

Else it's frustrating and no matter how much you love the product, you're bound to hate the company for not telling anyone anything.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it depends on the company to how much is allowed from the developers.

If you look at CCP Games most of their development team posts on the forums in off topic about their own personal lives (when relevant) as well as having a Twitter handle and engaging with the players in jokes and such on twitter. Even the company CEO will chat with people on Twitter.

I would love to see the ZOS developers reaching that level but as I said in another thread I don't think the hostility and immaturity of the player base works for that kind of relationship. They're more likely to get threats, abuse and accusation of not doing any work for saying hello on the forums than a nice conversation.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me, I'd be fine just knowing that they don't hate me. I feel like I'm one of the game's harshest critics and I'm here from dusk til dawn telling people everything I dislike about it. >:) They probably wish I'd just unsub and move on already...
    QQing is a full time job
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That depends how you do it @skarvika I spend a lot of time on the EVE Online boards and #tweetfleet giving CCP rather harsh thoughts on how they're doing but I remain civil, make my points with evidence and supporting information where I can.

I met a bunch of the Developers I have the most flack to when I went to Iceland for the last fanfest and they were fine and joking, as long as you're not being rude and insulting there is nothing wrong with being a critic, just try to give evidence (real not fabricated like most), examples and information they can use to fix what it is you're critical about.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been jokingly rude haha I hope they take everything I say with a grain of salt. I do try to make valid points and my complaints are pretty much the same as anyone else's.
    I did post something earlier which was deleted; it was a video called "How I really feel about ESO" and it contained a clip from an AVGN video where he's going nuts about a game, I hope they didn't take this too seriously. smiley-laughing002.gif
    I'm sure the team has the best intentions most of the time, I do think they really need to slow it down and take time to work out the kinks in patches before they release them. While I appreciate the eagerness to release a new area so soon after release, it's proven to bring a lot of problems to the table for players. I wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer for more ironed out content.
    Edited by skarvika on 24 May 2014 09:32
    QQing is a full time job
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »
    I feel like I'm one of the game's harshest critics and I'm here from dusk til dawn telling people everything I dislike about it. >:) They probably wish I'd just unsub and move on already...
    Don't worry about it. Cause you ARE. Haha.

At some point of time I had this thought of why the hell you're still playing this game. But I have to agree, they need these comments.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions