Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I wanted to say that ESO v1.0 was a good try.

GrimCyclone
GrimCyclone
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm assuming they'll be closing the doors and shutting down the servers by the next month or so. Or at least announcing it.

I had fun with the game, but it needs to be reworked for mmo status.

Again, thank you for trying ZoS. Better luck on v2.0. I'll stay subscribed to support you if you wish in order to helping financially with the rebuild. That's how much I support the ES games.
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GrimCyclone,
    Why not make a constructive list of what can be improved upon?
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it was a pretty poor try. It's all too commonplace for game publishers to release games before they're finished and they seem to never learn from the examples of other companies who face extreme backlash from the consumers.
    How to release a game properly:
    1. If it's not finished, don't release it.
    2. If it's not finished, don't release it.
    3. IF IT'S NOT FINISHED, DON'T RELEASE IT
    We should hold companies accountable when they demand a large sum of money upfront for a broken product. Let's pretend that ESO was metaphorically, say, a vase. Well you go to the store, buy this vase and when you get home you notice there's a huge crack right down the middle and the thing looks ready to split in half. You'd probably bring it back to the store and demand your money back, right?
    If the product is broken by no fault of the consumer, it is only just that the consumer be reimbursed.
    QQing is a full time job
  • Seabreeze
    Seabreeze
    ✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »
    I think it was a pretty poor try. It's all too commonplace for game publishers to release games before they're finished and they seem to never learn from the examples of other companies who face extreme backlash from the consumers.
    We should hold companies accountable when they demand a large sum of money upfront for a broken product. Let's pretend that ESO was metaphorically, say, a vase. Well you go to the store, buy this vase and when you get home you notice there's a huge crack right down the middle and the thing looks ready to split in half. You'd probably bring it back to the store and demand your money back, right?
    If the product is broken by no fault of the consumer, it is only just that the consumer be reimbursed.

I'm sure they have something in the user agreement about how the product is supplied "as-is," which is how they get away with keeping your money.
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to mention that the main story was fun and I like Queen Ayrenn and the Dominion. The ending and the battle was very cool. Unfortunately, that's better left to single player games. It is of course welcome here, but in an mmo it'd be cool to be able to revisit it again kinda like how FFXIV lets you.

So many cool story scenes. Would be nice to review them.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terminus wrote: »
    @GrimCyclone,
    Why not make a constructive list of what can be improved upon?
    That wouldn't stir up heated discussion, thus giving the original poster a pleasant rush of adrenaline as they dive into the subsequent forum PvP.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seabreeze wrote: »
    skarvika wrote: »

I'm sure they have something in the user agreement about how the product is supplied "as-is," which is how they get away with keeping your money.
    Yeah, true. It's my dumb ass that thought the beta was "just okay" but bought the game anyways... :p but for the people that didn't know what they'd be getting, I think they deserve a refund.
    I like Ayrenn also, she's one of the few npcs I can remember by name and one of the few npcs that doesn't suffer from the Elder Scrolls disposition curse where everyone hates you for no reason. ;)
    Edited by skarvika on 24 May 2014 06:02
    QQing is a full time job
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oddly enough, I think some of the add-ons will be a good guide to how they can shape v2.0. Some of the guis people have look a lot more like the game was meant to be played as an mmo.