Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Introduce "hard caps" every 20 VR levels.

Alpha_Protocol
Alpha_Protocol
✭✭✭
ZOS as you're all well aware, the community is both frustrated and angered by the lack of clarity and consistency in the implementation of VR ranks. We have no idea how often ranks will be raised, if they'll ever end, or if they really even mean anything at all.

I propose that you implement a hard level cap at set points during VR progression so that players can more easily identify with the leveling process and obtain a small sense of achievement.

Increase us by one "hard" level every twenty "soft" levels (e.g. at VR20 we become level 51).

With that said, each hard level at 51, 52 etc. should be punctuated by a major content drop, with smaller content drops happening two to three times during the VR content cycle. When the major hard cap content drop happens, it would be nice to have large-scale content to bask in for a few months or so before the next VR cycle starts.

At least then we would have a development cycle to plan our playtime around and players could have something to look forward to.

I believe this would be an easier pill for players to swallow than an almost imperceptible precipice of VR~ ad infinitum.

As it stands right now, VR125+ or wherever this is headed is more than confusing and less than appealing.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get what the point of vet ranks are. Couldn't they just have kept the regular levels going like just about every other mmo out there?
    QQing is a full time job
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what the point is either. My point is that, VR ranks have been introduced to the community in a completely irresponsible way. If ZOS want to create new rules, the rules should have "rules" and so far that's been a complete disaster.

The community deserves an explanation. If ZOS don't yet have one pinned down, I am suggesting they find a way to do so.

Adding an appreciable structure to VR ranks that the community can grasp might go a long way toward easing tensions and garnering support.
    Edited by Alpha_Protocol on 24 May 2014 02:58
  • xwadirtydiggler
    xwadirtydiggler
    Soul Shriven
    If you think the game will reach vet rank 20 you are silly because the game will be free to play and niche market before then.
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    If you think the game will reach vet rank 20 you are silly because the game will be free to play and niche market before then.

I'm thinking it's already F2GA (free to go away). Bye.
    Edited by Alpha_Protocol on 24 May 2014 03:00
  • tanthil
    tanthil
    ✭✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »
    I don't get what the point of vet ranks are. Couldn't they just have kept the regular levels going like just about every other mmo out there?

The point of them is this..

No new customer is going to buy an mmo if they know that the current level cap is at 180(what it is now) people are interested in end game content after max level and 180 makes that look unobtainable. They are filler content put it to keep people busy till they add some sort of end game.

So instead of seeing the level cap is 180 when they purchase they see its 50 with these added VR ranks that seem to just be bonus, however they are not bonus, they are required to do higher content and they are required to equip better gear that you get from this higher content.. so.. they are essentially more levels in every sense but they are hidden as being something else
  • xwadirtydiggler
    xwadirtydiggler
    Soul Shriven
    I am going away very soon as is most of the player base. SWTOR all over again.
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    tanthil wrote: »
    skarvika wrote: »

The point of them is this..

No new customer is going to buy an mmo if they know that the current level cap is at 180(what it is now) people are interested in end game content after max level and 180 makes that look unobtainable. They are filler content put it to keep people busy till they add some sort of end game.

So instead of seeing the level cap is 180 when they purchase they see its 50 with these added VR ranks that seem to just be bonus, however they are not bonus, they are required to do higher content and they are required to equip better gear that you get from this higher content.. so.. they are essentially more levels in every sense but they are hidden as being something else
    I am going away very soon as is most of the player base. SWTOR all over again.

Any of you smart asses got a better idea? This community deserves what it gets.