Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What add ons are essential for your ESO experience?

vincentvash
For me it would have to be TimsAllInOne. Has a great interface with some great customization.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None. Haven't installed add-ons, and I don't plan to.
    ----
    Murray?
  • jimthema
    jimthema
    All of them!
    The base UI is rubbish

use minion to keep them updated
  • vincentvash

Lol then why even post here if you don't use them....
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use a single addon.

But if they ever make an addon that turns the Lute tune into the solo from November Rain i'll be all over it.
  • deathrament
    Is there an add-on that would allow me to move the default group bars around? I find as a healer there a bit too high on my screen.
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    None are really essential, but I suppose Research Grid and Research Assistant would be the ones I'd miss the most. I still use the pen and paper method along with, just in case there are API changes that disable them.

Khajiit Speak is pretty terrific for RP purposes as well.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All these are from ESOUI.

Advanced filters to help when sorting through my bag and bank.

Wykkyds Framework of course.

Bank stuffer - automatically adds stuff to bank if I have a partial stack of it in there.

Inventory Grid View - because the default is awful (it's as valuable as SkyUI was for Skyrim)

ZrMM - because for some reason we don't get a mini-map as standard.

Guild store search - because the native search engine is pathetic.

Wykkyds Quest Tracker - because why not.

Basically most of these just put back functionality that should have been in there in the first place. But Bethseda did exactly what they did with Skyrim and gave us an UI that was designed for consoles.

So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »

Bank stuffer - automatically adds stuff to bank if I have a partial stack of it in there.

Inventory Grid View - because the default is awful (it's as valuable as SkyUI was for Skyrim)

Basically most of these just put back functionality that should have been in there in the first place. But Bethseda did exactly what they did with Skyrim and gave us an UI that was designed for consoles.

Actually there is a completely different UI being developed for consoles. But I don't expect people to follow development of the game since the game was announced.

On topic, I use none. I see add ons as a crutch.
  • Gornt_Grimreaver
    Sous Chef is nice.
    Just a spoonful of moon sugar helps the medicine go down.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol then why even post here if you don't use them....

Because you asked what add-ons were essential for ESO. My answer is, "None."
    ----
    Murray?
  • vincentvash
    http://www.esoui.com/addons.php
    I got all of my add ons from there
  • Catflinger
    Catflinger
    ✭✭✭
    ZrMM is the only one I'd feel gimped without.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foundry Tactical Combat. I like seeing the actual numbers for damage, XP gain, low health, when my ultimate is ready, etc.

Three that go together: Advanced Auto Loot, Pawkette's Loot Drop, Auto Mail Return: Advanced Auto Loot allows for setting up automatic mailing of crafting mats/items in inventory. My husband does the blacksmithing, provisioning and alchemy, I do the clothing, woodworking and enchanting. We set up the auto loot mod to automatically mail these items. When my inventory is full, I open my mail, hit "mail all", and all the stuff I used to have to add individually to mail just gets sent out. Loot drop, so we can see what is going into our inventory, and mail return so that when I type " RETURN: armor" on a mail, it sends to him and then auto bounces back to me. Pretty useful for inventory management while questing. :-)

Advanced filters, so I don't have to scroll through ALL the mats to see just the woodworking mats.

Harvest Map: once you've found a harvestable item, an icon is placed on the map for all the rest of your chars to see. Pretty brilliant.

And I've been seriously considering Fast Report.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    I use the Skyshard add on, FastReport to report bots quicker and a crafting add on. Can't remember the name, but it tells you in your inventory if you have already crafted and items, duplicated research items, etc. Makes it easier trying to decide what to keep. I like the minimal ui, so don't mess with that.
  • deathrament
    is there an add-on that allows u to move the default group bars around?
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    Hurbster wrote: »

Actually there is a completely different UI being developed for consoles. But I don't expect people to follow development of the game since the game was announced.

On topic, I use none. I see add ons as a crutch.

That's lovely that you feel the need to not use add-ons. As for a completely different UI for the consoles... You are right, I'm not following the console versions apart from the fact that we are all doing paid beta testing for them at the moment.

And the vanilla UI is obviously not specced for the PC/Mac versions at all or it would not be so console-like and without basic features.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info199-Azurah-InterfaceEnhanced.html

This one. Have fun ;)
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info199-Azurah-InterfaceEnhanced.html

This one. Have fun ;)
    I only use that one for one thing . It is the only mod that lets me move the compass 0.5cm up . I do not want to see the labels above it . It is Indeed very essential for me.

Harvest map without the database is also essential since it only marks the nodes I find.

T's combat stats. Very unobtrusive combat log also essential for
    testing skills.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beyond any doubt, ability timers. I really couldn't survive VR without being able to tell if I'm over-spamming or under-spamming certain abilities. My main is a siphoning NB, so perhaps that plays a part.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll make this simple.

Way too many.

Shame on you ZOS for making us pay you and make us have to have addons to make the game functional for a lot of us.
  • lecarcajou_ESO
    lecarcajou_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sky Shards. I'm hooked on those things.
    "Morally Decentralized."
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    For me it would have to be TimsAllInOne. Has a great interface with some great customization.

Wykkyds is all I use.