Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Change The Achievement System?

CodyFurlong
CodyFurlong
✭✭
So after having experienced the in game system I can say that I think it could be changed. I find that having separate achievements for each character gets rather tedious. Having to continually do the same ones over and over for each character is very time consuming.

I also find it to be a bit character breaking when I have to do things my characters shouldn't care about just to get the achievements. As an example, a fighter that would care nothing about making potions or enchanting, only his heavy armor and weapons.

It would be much better if there was one global set of achievements that you could complete with any character. That way it would stay more in lore and be less game breaking.
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow. - Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to do anything. Obsessive-compulsive behavior is totally unrelated to game design choices.
    ----
    Murray?
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to do anything or even care about achievements.

I got most of my achievements by doing things my char would do, I don't feel the need to go out of my way to gain achievement.

You might have a disorder that compels you to gain such things though, just ignore that crap and play has you want.