Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

The Patch "plan to have this rolled out in the next 24 hours"

GunemCleric
GunemCleric
✭✭✭
I play a lot and and would like to know when and what. 24 hours would mean by lunch tomorrow, is that really going to happen? or is it going to be Tuesday next week? I mean those of us in the field love rushing changes and pushing updates to production on major holiday weekends [yes, sarcasm].

And the "what"? Any hints.
* the vr6 -10 zones is obvious

* How about pvp npcs (not the mobs, bandits,...,whatever) the ones who already mini bosses, now impossible in some cases. being owned by a squishy NPC mage is not remotely fun. They should be hard enough to protect a resource/castle, but not impossible. if this one is staying how about re-balancing the maps that are completely owned by another alliance as all it takes 3 lvl 13s and mage contracts to hold anything at the moment (personal experience x4 before giving up)

*anything else?

I want to know if I will be able to play this weekend and if there is anything I can say to get my friends to come back or come try (when they simply did not bother based on descriptions), farming is looking good otherwise, maybe I can make enough to respec so i can play mule for someone, cause tank aint gonna work when I cant block a skeleton's sneeze.

That quote was from 11:49 EST http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/880134
Gunerm Cleric ~ Dragon Knight, Tank ~ vr14
Cruleg Nimec ~ Dragon Knight, DPS ~ vr14
Gunem Cleric ~ Templar, Heals ~ vr3
Cleric Gunem ~ Sorcerer, TBD ~ vr1
Daggerfall Covenant (only) ~ NA
Guts n Glory & Guts n Glory EOC ~ Guildmaster ~ GnG ~ MMO Dark Guild
Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're only fixing the VR mobs which were incorrectly tweaked with 1.1.2, and it will be sometime between now and tomorrow. But congratulations on finding a way to complain about the fix before it's even come in.
    ----
    Murray?
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    They're only fixing the VR mobs which were incorrectly tweaked with 1.1.2, and it will be sometime between now and tomorrow. But congratulations on finding a way to complain about the fix before it's even come in.

um, what? Actually not complaining simply would like to know when I can play. I did not preorder pc and console, and imperial...thinking there would be no bugs. I played defiance, there are no bugs in this game (except the vr mobs now) by comparison.
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're trying to nail down a specific result to an ambiguous condition. Which is about as useful as trying to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it annoys the pig.
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    You're trying to nail down a specific result to an ambiguous condition. Which is about as useful as trying to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it annoys the pig.

I don't know. I think some pigs would make better singers then some of the so called "artists" we have out there.

• GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    Those who have mastered CC and active combat aren't having huge issues. GL trying to face-tank 2-3 mobs. If you are a tank, you prob should have a healer too

I'm a NB and the fact I had skills not firing at all and some grayed out randomly was a larger concern. Add some very odd delays and some stuff just not meshing together increased it even more

They won't roll back or anything, so a little confused why you are asking about 'when I can play'

Not too hard to get a group together. Did many WB yesterday with 1-3 extra 'random' people. Solo'd 2 end-map bosses too, although it was touch-and-go for most of the fight lol
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    ok maybe i was a little too much of a smart ass, but i love the game and i have a high stress job, the patch yesterday ruined an already bad day, it was worse than lighting the torch to Malog Bal that took 3 hours. and another day passes, and another will mostly pass (assuming it is by lunch). I have to deal with this type of incompetence everyday and to come home and see it happen in a game I wanted to play, you have no idea.

These things do not happen because of devs, these come from poor qa and worse management. they have a lot invested in this, and are not worried about little "errors" like this because they have a couple years before they have to be worried. They simply do not care, evident by the lack of real customer support, i.e. timely acknowledgment of issues. The only thing they can claim is that there is pr management required as everything is a public announcement. The support guys are cool, talked to a few of them. the devs, architects, engineers, all cool; read blogs posts and such as far back as you want. That is it, pushing a clearly untested patch all management; lack of true testing qa and uat.

so yes, i would like to know when it may be enjoyable to play again.
    Edited by GunemCleric on 23 May 2014 21:25
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    @GreasedLizard you are right i need a healer, and a group would help. if you are going to claim nothing wrong in the vr6+ zones, then dont bother. I like to play with people I know and can trust to actually help me, not ditch when someone calls lfm for dolmens, someone I can trust not to be standing on a chest for the moment a battle ends.

I would give people the chest if they need it that bad. a pug for a dolmen, fine, but pug for fetch quests?
    Edited by GunemCleric on 23 May 2014 21:33
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok maybe i was a little too much of a smart ass, but i love the game and i have a high stress job, the patch yesterday ruined an already bad day, it was worse than lighting the torch to Malog Bal that took 3 hours. and another day passes, and another will mostly pass (assuming it is by lunch). I have to deal with this type of incompetence everyday and to come home and see it happen in a game I wanted to play, you have no idea.

These things do not happen because of devs, these come from poor qa and worse management. they have a lot invested in this, and are not worried about little "errors" like this because they have a couple years before they have to be worried. They simply do not care, evident by the lack of real customer support, i.e. timely acknowledgment of issues. The only thing they can claim is that there is pr management required as everything is a public announcement. The support guys are cool, talked to a few of them. the devs, architects, engineers, all cool; read blogs posts and such as far back as you want. That is it, pushing a clearly untested patch all management; lack of true testing qa and uat.

so yes, i would like to know when it may be enjoyable to play again.

They acknowledged the issue within hours of the patch going live when they were able to confirm and had something to post. Dev Tracker.

A timestamp in a post by a Forum Moderator should never be be used as a guide for when something was acknowledged by the company.

And "Customer Support" only knows for a fact that there is an issue when they are told there is, or confirmation is acknowledged back to them from the Dev Team when they report that a lot of users are complaining about the same thing.

The patch was not untested. But let's be realistically honest here. Why would they test for a change to a VR 1-10 mob in existing zones, when what they were releasing was a NEW zone with NEW mobs?

They had no real reason to test VR1-10 content since what they were rolling out should not have had an impact on them.

This is not incompetence, it is oversight.

VR10-12 creatures are not affected by the issue, which is born out in both their comments and comments from the users who are in the Craglorn zone, along with the fact that had the issue been caught in testing, they would have worked to resolve the issue before bringing the servers back up and opening it up to players.

While it sucks that you had a really bad day, slinging insults at the devs really serves no purpose.

Also, none of us know until and official notification of additional downtime, if this is an issue that they can address without having to bring down the server, or if this is something that they can fix live without causing any additional problems.

The game is still playable. This issue is not a game breaker. For a few days, even if it takes until the next scheduled maintenance to resolve, it is an annoyance, not a game breaker.

Personally, I am happy with how quickly they acknowledged the issue, and admitted it is an error, and are working to fix it.

Yesterday was the first major content release after launch, that also contained fixes and tweaks. So much more could have gone wrong, but didn't.

Thousands of complaints were expected by other users, I imagine ZeniMax also expected a lot of complaints.

Figuring out which complaints were because of the changes, and which ones were because of a new problem can be like tracking down a needle in a haystack.

So yeah, fix the damn issues.

At the same time though, congratulations to all of the ZeniMax/Bethesda teams on the first content release after launch!

• GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    @JessieColtub17_ESO you apparently do not know anything really about software testing, so keep please learn a little about the area before you call something of that scale an oversight. When one makes changes to a platform then there these things called unit tests, usually on a harness, preferably automated within the release and deployment process to validated and verify high-risk mechanics, functions, and formulae.

the issue was pointed out within hours of being noticed. I, and I am sure others, tried to to play with the changes. ZOS noticing it was probably very close to that, but the acknowledge was entirely TOO late. those of us that tried to point out how ridiculous the change was had to be trolled for 20+ hours by all of the people who had no idea what they were talking about.

Now go back and re-read my post and comments about support and devs. I will ignore your ignorance on sdlc, i suggest a book and 3 or 4 years in the field before commenting on that aspect again.
    Edited by GunemCleric on 23 May 2014 22:14
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't roll back or anything, so a little confused why you are asking about 'when I can play'

There is a roll back bug.

Quite a few people have had it, me included. Lost about an hours worth of progress. Might only be an hour but they were annoying quests.

Won't be logging back in until that's fixed.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the issue was pointed out within hours of being noticed. I, and I am sure others, tried to to play with the changes. ZOS noticing it was probably very close to that, but the acknowledge was entirely TOO late. those of us that tried to point out how ridiculous the change was had to be trolled for 20+ hours by all of the people who had no idea what they were talking about.

That must have been a very trying time for you, and I'm sure that ZO will be reaching out to the families of those affected by this tragedy.

The developers don't (and shouldn't) make any public statements until they have a fix on exactly what the problem is and how they plan to address it. Any other approach just fuels further outrage in the forums.
    ----
    Murray?
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Well, realistically, it's not like noticing the change would have required any testing at all. I mean all it takes is looking at something and realizing 'hey, wow...that number went up a lot!"

And they were making a change in the V1-10 areas. They were changing the xp tables. Was that tested separately without the other changes implemented?** Hrm, maybe not such a good idea in hindsight.

There's problems with being hypercritical but there are problems with being a toady as well.

**If it was tested at all, it was. We've had PTSers posting that they were denied access to anything not Craglorn-related.