Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

People that don't answer you back after you offer a price to them. Stupid being rude.

GrimCyclone
GrimCyclone
✭✭✭✭✭
I offered this lady 2,000g for a stack of ironhide and she never got back to me. Then she goes about talking in general chat like nothing happened. This is like the 3rd person in an mmo to do this. I hate these kinda jerks. At least have the common decency to give a timely answer instead of making me wonder whether or not you got my tell or if it's good enough. That way I can move on to another person selling it or whatever.

Stop wasting people's time. After all lady, you ASKED me how much I was willing to pay. I TOLD you. It's not my fault if it's not what you wanted. At least answer me back. I'd mention who it was, but I'm sure they'd take this down for naming and shaming.
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have experienced this as well..
    I kind of want to meet you in game just to do it again however. This post is funny :trollface:
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of all the things in the world, that should be on the bottom of your list of things that bother you. :)

The chat sometimes goes very fast and people might miss your tell. They might have gotten up to get a drink.

Even if they are being rude, is it really that upsetting?

/hugs. :)
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the world.

Not everyone owes you an explanation.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Daemyn
    Daemyn
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like this guy has/will have a really rough time with job applications...
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daemyn wrote: »
    I feel like this guy has/will have a really rough time with job applications...

Not for a few years. He has to make it through high school first.

ZING! :D

Sorry, just a joke. ;)
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because I write it sensationally doesn't mean i'm upset. It's just a comment to share on the forums due to something I was reminded of logging in. I got the stack for 2000g in 5 minutes.

Not everyone is a raving lunatic, guys. You might wanna think how you team up and troll against people. I think that says a little bit more about you than the manner in which I worded my thread.

But do not think I'm childish enough to get caught up in a back-and-forth about this with you. I was sharing an experience. That's it. Would you rather be the guy who shares your experiences or the little scamps that come in threads and beat on the poster like little trolls? Yeah.
    Edited by GrimCyclone on 23 May 2014 20:55
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just because I write it sensationally doesn't mean i'm upset. It's just a comment to share on the forums due to something I was reminded of logging in. I got the stack for 2000g in 5 minutes.

Not everyone is a raving lunatic, guys. You might wanna think how you team up and troll against people. I think that says a little bit more about you than the manner in which I worded my thread.

But do not think I'm childish enough to get caught up in a back-and-forth about this with you. I was sharing an experience. That's it. Would you rather be the guy who shares your experiences or the little scamps that come in threads and beat on the poster like little trolls? Yeah.

You were asking to be trolled, cut the c@@P about it being your style, then you complain about being trolled.

Yeah, you have my sympathies.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    Ironhide is worth 2k a stack? Guess I shouldnt have been selling it all for 400ea to the vendor.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just because I write it sensationally doesn't mean i'm upset.

I think the caps made you look mad. :)

Honestly not trolling you. Was just a joke. ;)

Edited by Blackwidow on 23 May 2014 21:02
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    How you write is equally, if not more, important than what you are writing about.

And you will be judged on how you write more than by what you are writing about, no matter how funny some people may think you are.

• alphawolph
    alphawolph
    ✭✭✭
    Yet some people prefer this to a system set up to sell or buy from strangers with no hassle. You know like an AH.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    alphawolph wrote: »
    Yet some people prefer this to a system set up to sell or buy from strangers with no hassle. You know like an AH.

Finally someone turned this into an AH thread.

I did not want to be "that guy".

:D
  • alphawolph
    alphawolph
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »
    alphawolph wrote: »

Finally someone turned this into an AH thread.

I did not want to be "that guy".

:D

Don't worry I'm definitely that guy.
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of what you guys say, trolling or trying to incite anger in someone for pleasure is much worse. There's a verse in Proverbs 2:12-15 I remember that talks about this. I think there's even one that's even more applicable.

On a serious note, you guys really need to think about what you're doing when you try to cause anger or hurt someone for the benefit or your own enjoyment. Is that really the person you want to be? Would Queen Ayrenn behave like this? Would the countless people you've saved in game expect this from you? It truly says more about your own life and how bitter you are that it must outwork itself from within you in such a place as here.
    Edited by GrimCyclone on 23 May 2014 21:56
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    I offered this lady 2,000g for a stack of ironhide and she never got back to me. Then she goes about talking in general chat like nothing happened.

Then she wasn't a lady.

They are mostly kids. Kids with the attention spans of a gnat.

Don't worry about it.

You're better off posting how this game needs to implement better buy and sell options. So you don't have to be chatty with Cathy.
    Edited by michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO on 23 May 2014 21:26
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As somebody who has gotten 10+ tells from selling something or building a group and not responding back to them all I can see where sending a personal tell to everybody would be tiring. Though I agree that at least a 'sold out, thanks ' in zone chat to give everybody feedback would be nice.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I offered this lady 2,000g for a stack of ironhide and she never got back to me. Then she goes about talking in general chat like nothing happened.

Then she wasn't a lady.

They are mostly kids. Kids with the attention spans of a gnat.

Don't worry about it.
    This.

Don't worry about it, OP. Perhaps she missed it; whatever the reason, such is life.

Regardless of what you guys say, trolling or trying to incite anger is someone for pleasure is much worse. There's a verse in Proverbs 2:12-15 I remember that talks about this. I think there's even one that's even more applicable.
    Proverbs 26:4
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solution is simple. Just offer your goods in zone chat for the price you want. It will sell to someone. Not care who. :smile:
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes whispers gets lost in the chat if there is alot of things going on.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised he didn't realize that he was talking to a bot, anyhow.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not all bots. Remember that some people at the keyboard have zero social skills and are rude, entitled people who are probably very meek in the real world but are very rude online.

Last night this guy was so rude wanting to buy something off me for a cheap price , I messaged him that I don't want to trade with rude people , welcome to ignore.

Remember ignore button is there for a reason use it and you will never see them again.
  • Soliduparrow
    Soliduparrow
    ✭✭✭
    When you advertise in zone you will often get many many whispers. From your perspective, you were only dealing with one person so it is rude for her to ignore you. From her perspective, she has 10 people giving her lowball offers and she does not have the time to fruitlessly negotiate with you.

Here's a tip: Offer a fair price the first time or accept that she is just going to ignore your insulting offer.

I know when I sell motifs and someone offers me 50% of market value, I do not speak to them ever again. I've tried before, but they just waste your time and have no intention of paying a fair price. They will even get abusive if you do try to negotiate.
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    The OP is right!
    Saying "no" doesnt take much time...
    At the other hand perhaps that someone who offered the "wrong" price does not know the market price and will be waiting for an answere until...

This is about normal bahaviour. About not beeing an ass.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you advertise in zone you will often get many many whispers. From your perspective, you were only dealing with one person so it is rude for her to ignore you. From her perspective, she has 10 people giving her lowball offers and she does not have the time to fruitlessly negotiate with you.

Here's a tip: Offer a fair price the first time or accept that she is just going to ignore your insulting offer.

I know when I sell motifs and someone offers me 50% of market value, I do not speak to them ever again. I've tried before, but they just waste your time and have no intention of paying a fair price. They will even get abusive if you do try to negotiate.

Market value? lol
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    So you thought a rage post in the forums would fix your problem?
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you thought a rage post in the forums would fix your problem?
    Check your definition of rage - really simple English word not really what OP was doing at all.

In the language of your generation .... Jus Sayin
  • Noobie
    Noobie
    ✭✭
    I hate it when people advertise "Selling such and such cheap" you ask "How much?" then they reply " offer"
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed ^
    I just say nvm
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    I always just figured they probably get a TON of replies, depending on what they are trying to sell, so if I don't get a reply back in after a bit, I just assume someone offered a better price and move on. Not something I can control, so don't worry about it.

If only MMO makers could think of some place all players could go to post things they want to sell and then people looking for that item could find it, pay you, and nobody's feeling gets hurts. Not sure what they would call such a place if they invented such a wonderful place in-game. Maybe we could get Steven Hawking working on something that would make selling things an easier process...hmmm....
    Edited by AngryWolf on 23 May 2014 23:21
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    2k for ironhide, really? I just paid 800 per 100 stack in a public trade guild, who knows maybe the seller was desparate for $$$.

On the note about not responding, you just have to live with the fact that some people are like that. And being on the internet you are much more likely to run across people who are not like you, either you learn to deal with what life throws your way or you make posts about how unhappy people make you.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2