Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Money back

ShadowsLibertyT
As some of you have seen there is hardly anyone who agrees with ESO
and though it might have some fans it sure has more people who feel disappointed and want some changes.

As Zenimax is clearly nort able to just pull the switch and get in an Auction House a global bug fix - every time they try they make it worse - and other changes it is time to ask some questions.
It was clear to them from the beginning they couldnt handle the game - to them and not to us.
We were let to believe they give us Premium service. And they do answer but not adress the problems.

So as reality of this overrated and hyped product sets in
Who would like their money back?
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you link me to your scientific poll results that show most people are unhappy?
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Pathetic.
  • EliteZ
    EliteZ
    ✭✭✭
    Who would like to see people stop crying on the forums just because there are bugs in a game, Me! Some people really do takes things so seriously, there are bugs which means "it's clear from the start they could never handle it"? WoW had major issues for months, looks like they ended up doing pretty well for themselves.

You release content without a single bug in it, you won't because you can't no matter how much testing you do, there will always be bugs when the masses get their hands on it. It's the way development is, you fix something and it breaks something else. Every major issue I've seem from the new update has already been identified as a known issue and either being worked on or is getting fixed in the next update.

People need to stop crying over the slightest thing and have some patience.
    Edited by EliteZ on 23 May 2014 20:25
  • ShadowsLibertyT
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Can you link me to your scientific poll results that show most people are unhappy?

My best poll is our own Forum.
    Just look at how many people ask why isnt that adressed and this bug is till here.
    Fact is that we all have seen this type of behaviour before from companies like EA
    and this is just another game like it.
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100940/are-you-happy-with-the-direction-eso-is-going/p1

- Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^this.
    There is a scientific study that shows East London is the most unhappy place in britain, but thats to do with the cost of living and overcrowding (I was once on a course with a woman who had moved from London to Liverpool because of the cost of Living).

Despite the amount of grumbling on the Forums, it is a generally accepted truth that the Forum populations are a fraction of the entire game Population. Therefore the Forums opinions have to be taken with a pinch of salt, although obviously not ignored.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please close thread. Thanks.
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • ShadowsLibertyT
    EliteZ wrote: »
    Who would like to see people stop crying on the forums just because there are bugs in a game, Me! Some people really do takes things so seriously, there are bugs which means "it's clear from the start they could never handle it"? WoW had major issues for months, looks like they ended up doing pretty well for themselves.

You release content without a single bug in it, you won't because you can't no matter how much testing you do, there will always be bugs when the masses get their hands on it. It's the way development is, you fix something and it breaks something else. Every major issue I've seem from the new update has already been identified as a known issue and either being worked on or is getting fixed in the next update.

While I would like to show patience the fact is they are relentless.
    They ask for so much money and quite possibly knew what to fix at launch or soon after.
    Yet did you see significant changes to the overall problems.
    I saw them adding even new ones through patches.

My personal biggest issue is groupe questing. Outright broken in a MMO.
  • EliteZ
    EliteZ
    ✭✭✭
    Ulvich wrote: »

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100940/are-you-happy-with-the-direction-eso-is-going/p1

WOW no way did 135 people vote they are unhappy with the way it's going. I mean that is such a large number of players when you think of how many actually play the game. Truly, I'm surprised so much of the community are not happy, I mean 135???? I'm speechless.

You also only see the minority of players on a forum as the rest either couldn't give a crap about the forums or are too busy actually playing the game. Even then, the whiny crying babies are always the ones to shout loudest to try and convince themselves they are actually the majority and everyone else agrees with them.
    Edited by EliteZ on 23 May 2014 20:33
  • Ozghost
    Ozghost
    I'm certainly not crying for my money back, I'm enjoying this game a lot, sure it's had some problems, but it's still new, so that's totally not unusual for a freshly launched game. So tired of seeing all of the disproportionate angst and rage about this game.
    Dunmer sorcerer
    ~ Ebonheart Pact~
  • ShadowsLibertyT

^this.
    There is a scientific study that shows East London is the most unhappy place in britain, but thats to do with the cost of living and overcrowding (I was once on a course with a woman who had moved from London to Liverpool because of the cost of Living).

Despite the amount of grumbling on the Forums, it is a generally accepted truth that the Forum populations are a fraction of the entire game Population. Therefore the Forums opinions have to be taken with a pinch of salt, although obviously not ignored.

So how many have left the game? The thing is you are looking at a broken game.
    East Britain doesnt glitch out.
    If you have friendly neighbours you can talk with them.
    Not in ESO Group Questing a key element doesnt work.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    91pb6.jpg

Please shut it down.
    Edited by kewl on 23 May 2014 20:34
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW no way did 135 people vote they are unhappy with the way it's going. I mean that is such a large number of players when you think of how many actually play the game. Truly, I'm surprised so much of the community are not happy, I mean 135???? I'm speechless.

On the same note only 83 people voted they were happy. Perhaps the rest of the population have been "rage quitting".
    - Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH i send a ticket for refund. Got spammed right into my email outside of the game and that was pretty much the drop.
    But not because i dislike the game, in fact, enjoying it very much, apart from the bots issue.
    They dont do refunds and best you can do is quit sub.
    I have a feeling alot of the complainers are disliking ESO because they come from WoW, this aint WoW, so its not good. Because majority of complaints are caused by "how wow did it and this game obviously isnt" and its to hard to for them to adopt a new way of gaming. Just wanna punch buttons and stare at numbers flying over my enemies head instead of having to worry about aoes and blocks and useless combat tactics.
    Alot of the complainers expected to be a godmode like they where in all previous ES games, but theyre not, so they dislike it.

But that of course, is just opinion, just wondering how far off it is exactly :)
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭

On the same note only 83 people voted they were happy. Perhaps the rest of the population have been "rage quitting".

Actually it's more likely that most of the happy people are playing and not complaining or reading complaints on the forums at all.
  • epoling
    epoling
    ✭✭✭✭
    A poll put out by somebody on the forums is hardly reliable. I won't participate on any poll here because I have yet to see where they are actually allowed. Even then, I doubt I would participate because polls like this are pointless. People happy with the game don't generally come to the forums. (I only do when I know am not going to have enough time to actually play.) So you are asking a group that is willing to jump on the "I Hate This Game" bandwagon to start with. Give us a link to a real scientifically accurate poll and I will believe you. Otherwise, don't throw these things around like they mean anything.
  • Bars
    Bars
    ✭✭✭
    money back no , but ffs give me a game I can play it still feels like i have 2 pay 2 play a beta
  • EliteZ
    EliteZ
    ✭✭✭

While I would like to show patience the fact is they are relentless.
    They ask for so much money and quite possibly knew what to fix at launch or soon after.
    Yet did you see significant changes to the overall problems.
    I saw them adding even new ones through patches.

My personal biggest issue is groupe questing. Outright broken in a MMO.

Asking for so much money? It's £8.99 a month if you pay on a month by month basis, seriously how is £8.99 too much month for a months worth of entertainment. You can pay the same price watching a 2 hour film which could turn out to be the worse film you've ever watched. If you can't afford £8.99 then you shouldn't even be looking at MMO's in general.

On to your next point, correct me if I'm wrong. but hasn't everyone been moaning that they want more group content and that the game severely punishes group play? So yes, they've add more group content. Hasn't everyone been crying that spamming bash is way to OP? Well I'm pretty sure they just nerfed it? People have been moaning for a real fullscreen mode, again they have provided one. Long loading screens, one of the biggest talks about pvp, fixed. Broken/bugged quests, probably the biggest issues in the game, again hundreds of quests have been fixed since launch. I could go on, but instead I'll recommend you to read the patch notes.

Seriously, what more do people want from the first major patch just 7 weeks after launch?
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    epoling wrote: »
    I won't participate on any poll here because I have yet to see where they are actually allowed.

If they weren't allowed, then why would we have the option to make them in the first place?...

VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @EliteZ
    On the nail.
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pissed that Zenimax isn't paying me to play the game. Because that would be sweet.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, what more do people want from the first major patch just 7 weeks after launch?

Its ... bugging me too.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mercutio wrote: »
    I'm p****d that Zenimax isn't paying me to play the game. Because that would be sweet.
    I'm annoyed that I'm not being paid a million pounds an hour just for not being Jeremy Clarkson.
    :O :\>:)
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Umm....is there a link in that thread to the scientific poll?

You couldn't have been referring to the random internet poll in the OP right?
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL
    This has to be a troll. I can tell because I'm dying to bite on it.
    Eh, wth... it's Fri afternoon and I've got nothing better to do than put a child in his place for a few minutes.

First off, you're whining about not having received something that was never promised in the first place? (global AH was NEVER on the docket for this game in the original release and AFAIK hasn't been announced as upcoming ... ever)

Citing a forum thread as proof that "most" players are unhappy... seriously?

You must be new to MMOs and their forums so I'll break open a little widely understood truth here for you.
    Forum-goers are:
    1. Usually less than 25% of an MMORPG's paying population
    2. Consistently argumentative, insulting, and rude to \ with one another
    3. Very, very commonly throwing out 100% unfounded, false, or at least unproven numbers as proof of their very argument.
    4. Always whining about bug fixes and patches when their specific, desired issue isn't fixed or their play style doesn't instantly become OP & FOTM. REGARDLESS OF THEIR ABSOLUTE INEPTITUDE AND COMPLETE IGNORANCE OF PROGRAMMING. (hell, I bet you couldn't code up Hello World on an Android)

I submit to you, OP, that if you do not like where the game is going, you can totally pack your bags and move to the next \ previous game that was the ultimate Ideal in gaming.
    If you want your money back (how much? $50? $60? $80 American?) ... you can wish for it in one hand and QQ in the other. See which fills up faster.

I, for one, am absolutely impressed with the massive number of fixes they put in with this patch. These people very likely worked new holes in their chairs over the last 6-8 weeks for YOU.

This game is 2 months old and they just released a MASSIVE patch of fixes as WELL as new content.
    If you were really experienced with MMOs, you'd recall days... I mean full DAYS... sometimes multiple days in a row during which an entire game was taken down in its early months \ years in order to fix some rather benign issues (see: UO, Everquest, WoW, SWG) or situations where you just couldn't log in with no explanation why or expected resolution time. These guys have done an amazing job. This go-live is definitely in the top-5 of my experiences.

Still not happy?
    No, a "player" like you never will be. Instead of crying about your $2, you should be thanking the developers for such a smooth system that you can play. And to be perfectly frank about it, I'll bet there are more people on these boards that are sick of your type of posts than there are that agree with "I want my money back".

Ahhhh....
    Thank you for that.
    That felt good.

KUDOS to y'all at ZOS. You're making EXCELLENT progress!
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ShadowsLibertyT Zenimax is a fictive entity so you'll get your moneys back according to the current in-game value...
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be annoyed but I don't want a refund.

I'll just take a break until things are flowing better.