Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I enjoy the fact that VR content is extremely challenging now

jambam817_ESO
jambam817_ESO
✭✭✭
Just saying.
I can understand how the new generation of MMO players may not understand that most MMOs started out where you COULD NOT SOLO anything worth while, and if you could it was select classes with certain abilities. Thats old school, and i like it.

ESO has now decided it would make max level content pretty much non-soloable, which i enjoy! Grouping, killing monsters together, raids, open zones with group content.

I fail to see why this is a bad thing? Are people wanting to solo all day everyday and only group to raid for that shiny Epic?
If that is the case, perhaps Torchlight or Diablo would be better?

It just boggles my mind.

In fact, I wish EARLY content, 1-50, was more group focused. Soloing for hours on end is soooo boring......

Flame suit is on, go for it.
Edited by jambam817_ESO on 23 May 2014 19:07
  • Fesuth
    Fesuth
    ✭✭
    ESO has now decided it would make max level content pretty much non-soloable,

Not intentionally.
  • mulcherman
    mulcherman
    Soul Shriven
    Just saying.
    I can understand how the new generation of MMO players may not understand that most MMOs started out where you COULD NOT SOLO anything worth while, and if you could it was select classes with certain abilities. Thats old school, and i like it.

ESO has now decided it would make max level content pretty much non-soloable, which i enjoy! Grouping, killing monsters together, raids, open zones with group content.

I fail to see why this is a bad thing? Are people wanting to solo all day everyday and only group to raid for that shiny Epic?

It just boggles my mind.

In fact, I wish EARLY content, 1-50, was more group focused. Soloing for hours on end is soooo boring......

Some people enjoy soloing I do and I like this game so far

• alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I myself like that it's hard however! The spider can be toned down in the bankori zone I hate them with a passion in fact I hate them so much that if a "bad patch" comes out and makes them worth 10000000 Xp with no health id let ZO have my babies
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I very much want to solo the solo content and group for the group content.

Maybe I'm just a whiny player not worthy to walk amongst the great & good of the MMOverse but I do not expect a pair of generic monsters to be able to take me down from full health to dead in two generic hits.

In fairness it would appear that ZOS did not expect this either...
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the challenge but when my light bow attack can pop someone for a crit for 1011 damage then I'll be really happy
    Edited by Arreyanne on 23 May 2014 19:47
  • andersan
    andersan
    ✭✭✭
    So how does the current state of phasing work with your idea to get us all to group up for questing content?

You have to search for someone that just happens to be in your phase or wait for someone to be in your phase or solo your way to get into someone else's phase.

Thought so. :)
  • Norpan
    Norpan
    Soul Shriven
    Well, when I started to read up about ESO when it first was announced it said something in the line of "play as you want", "play solo, or quest with friends, it's your choice", and "the whole game is completely soloable, it'll scale if you play with many friends - still, you can experience the whole game by yourself if you want".

Now, I don't have many friends who plays this game. In fact, I don't have a single one - which is fine, I enjoy playing by myself. It's not soloable though. Craiglorn demands that you team up with other players. Dungeons too. I'm gonna have to pug end game which is something that sucks. But not only that, a pack of three mobs are a challenge and some minibosses are truly frustrating!

Didn't sign up for that though. I'm fine with dying from being stupid. I'll brush myself off and try again, but what's the point if I'm not gonna be able to see the whole game without having to rely on 3-11 other players I was told wasn't even needed to begin with? Or even worse, having 3-11 players rely on me being able to log on every night.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mate , if they want to turn their MMO in this direction , that is their choice , but to keep paying and playing is mine.

If they want to make craglorn group online , fine , it does annoys me a little , but groups do need content also.

Now , if they plan to turn all the vr content like that , then i have better things to do and play.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    Each to there own, PVP for those who like it, Group dungeons, Quests, World Bosses and Dark Anchors for those who like to group and Solo quests for that style of play.

A balanced game should have a full mix of these play styles thus engaging the widest player base. This improves the experience for all players as a populated world is what any MMO needs. From levels 1 to 50 there is a full and varied mix of ways to experience ESO.

By making Veteran Experience and therefore Veteran Ranks reliant on grouping actively alienates a significant portion of the player base, in turn reducing the experience for all.

Finally, a main tenant of the Elder Scrolls universe and ESO is "Play as you want",by forcing players into a certain play style is a step towards "Play as we say."
  • Elgarr
    Elgarr
    ✭✭✭
    The one small flaw in what you want op.

If all of those HC players got what they wanted, guess what?
    You wouldn't have an mmo.
    This isn't EQ, those of us that played that HC grew up, got families and can't be so HC. (If you are the next generation of HC, lol you missed out)
    Ever since wow, mmo's have become mainstream so it's not just the "geeks" who play, everybody does now, the difference though, it's about the casual player, they can log on and play for an hour then log off and go do something else.
    If you need to group every time you log on to get anywhere, then it's not casual.
    Sorry but those days of HC are are not what they were, and mmo's didn't cost to make back then what they do now, and the HC community can't sustain or even return what's been spent making an mmo.
    Unless the less than 0.1% who play the game, don't mind paying a thousand bucks a month plus the 10k for the game they need to keep it running!!!

• jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't consider grouping in an MMO "Hardcore".... i consider it... playing an MMO.

And where did i come off as Hardcore? I'm not. I just enjoy a bit of a challenge and a sense of Team Work in MMORPGs.

I'm not a min maxer, I'm not an 24/7 raider, i don't farm for hours on end. I just play the game, I group up to advance, i enjoy teamwork environments.

I just find it so amusing people get so upset of grouping, in a multiplayer game..
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot beat a Storybossfight now at VR7 with my NB every hit of the mob is 650 dmg if you interrupt the cast of him he still nukes the bolt. Just frustating some may like it, me not.
    Edited by Harakh on 23 May 2014 21:32
    Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
  • Heraclea
    Heraclea
    ✭✭✭
    I don't, and won't be playing until it's fixed.
    Hircine loves me, this I know,
    Your intestines told me so.

Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't consider grouping in an MMO "Hardcore".... i consider it... playing an MMO.

If you don't have a bunch of friends or if your friends happen to be offline, finding a group can take forever. On top of that, 40% of PUG groups at best are anything but terrible.

So if you have an hour to play and all your available content is group content, then you really don't have time to play. If you do have the time to do group content all the time, then you are HC--if not in terms of your playstyle, definitely in terms of your time investment.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VR content is a little funner now that it is more challenging, but imagine all the poor nightblades who couldn't kill more than 1.5 enemies at a time before this unintended enemy buff! Something has to be done or even more of them will quit :disappointed:
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on 23 May 2014 21:56
  • Tanabe
    Tanabe
    yes i like that mobs is abit hardere now and i have to think abit and not just 2 button all fights.
    please dont change the mobs in vet areas this is perfect.
  • andersan
    andersan
    ✭✭✭
    Tanabe wrote: »
    yes i like that mobs is abit hardere now and i have to think abit and not just 2 button all fights.

What level are you?
  • MediusMajere
    Thing is, VR content is far from impossible. You'll still wipefest all over the place. But you have to remember that the majority of skills are simply not viable for use. As a sorc you use deadric summoning skills for bosses you can't CC to death. You use dark magic for those you can CC. Otherwise you go with mage light+critical surge+impulse. Those are your viable skills. Otherwise get lost.

Game is fine even as hard as it is. Just a ridiculously unbalanced wipefest at times.
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    VR content is a little funner now that it is more challenging, but imagine all the poor nightblades who couldn't kill more than 1.5 enemies at a time before this unintended enemy buff! Something has to be done or even more of them will quit :disappointed:

Not this NB, happily soloing ever after. And i agree with OP difficulty should remain, heck might even crank it up more, since i can still run vet stuff solo. majority of people now having troubles in vet are all the bashabusers, no more bash, got there punching a button, button dont work anymore, now what?
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saying.

It just boggles my mind.

I must say, i do remember those good old days of challenging content. Sadly times have changed and the newer gen of gamers are getting more accustom to being giving everything. Look at what happened to WoW, Still popular but you can buy a max level character for 60 bucks. And you can pretty much gain anything through quests (other then raid gear). Now i am not saying that all gamers are like this, i am simply saying that making games more casual is becoming a main stream thing for mmos.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »

I must say, i do remember those good old days of challenging content. Sadly times have changed and the newer gen of gamers are getting more accustom to being giving everything. Look at what happened to WoW, Still popular but you can buy a max level character for 60 bucks. And you can pretty much gain anything through quests (other then raid gear). Now i am not saying that all gamers are like this, i am simply saying that making games more casual is becoming a main stream thing for mmos.

So much this, i remember AO, where you had to be a mathematician, and have knowledge of all buff items the size of an encyclopedia not to get roflstomped everywhere you went.
    Well exaggerated, but easy it was not.
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    "ESO has now decided it would make max level content pretty much non-soloable" actually solounplayable would be more accurate

And what if your teamates are not around... what if there no other players around to help you go through some areas how long will you wait? how long? Alone i had hard time killing 3 skeevers....wtf is this?
    Today playing my deadly nerfed s/s redguard templar V8 i was waiting about 10 min (waste of game time) for someone to come and finally we both got killed by....wasps!!!! I tryed 5 times over...and i quit the game!!!

If this is the "new way" of playing ESO ...thanks i wont buy
    I want a game that i can play and enjoy solo too
  • Apricot
    Apricot
    ✭✭
    I must say, i do remember those good old days of challenging content. Sadly times have changed and the newer gen of gamers are getting more accustom to being giving everything. Look at what happened to WoW,

I am so tired of people going on and on about how hard and epic every MMO was until WoW came along and ruined it. Like they're all hardcore and stuff because ... EQ. WoW usurped EQ. And there's a reason that happened. I doubt many of you EQ purists cleared Sunwell or Yogg-Saron on hardmode. WoW has definitely had some of the hardest raiding content of any MMO to date. That is a fact.

WoW may have made some mistakes but one thing they got spot-on was making a game that everyone could play. So what if leveling was easy? You could go to Ulduar and get your *** pushed in if that was your thing.
    Still popular but you can buy a max level character for 60 bucks. And you can pretty much gain anything through quests (other then raid gear).

Not sure why you have a problem with that. Where else should you get BIS gear? Crafting? Ok, if you don't have an end game.
    Now i am not saying that all gamers are like this, i am simply saying that making games more casual is becoming a main stream thing for mmos.

If by "casual" you mean something that everyone can play then, yeah. I really, really don't get what anyone has against this. WoW got it right here. But they also had more to their game than leveling and zerg PvP from the beginning.

If all you want to do is play a game that is kinda' hard to level and after that there's *** all to do, you're playing the right game. Good job. You along with Zenimax have no idea what makes an MMO even passable, let alone great.

You don't have to copy WoW's game, but you should pay attention to their philosophy. They didn't become a legend for no *** reason.

Pseudo hardcore players bore me to tears.

• OkieDokie
    OkieDokie
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I want to play solo all content. I can play on my pace, take a few minutes to make a coffee or whatever, don't have lag issues due to 5000 skills going on at the same time. In fact, I find playing in group annoying after a few minutes.

And I played solo Ragnarok most of the time, so that "old school" talk is not correct.

You like playing in groups, great for you. Just do it. However, this game is supposed to be played by solo players as well.
    People keep saying they heard of a friend of friend of friend of their neighbors that plays a NB and can catch up with dks and sorcs and this guy just never shows up. He would be a rock star if he existed.
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    To OP,

Well, I am glad you do because most players do not. And you are out of luck.

As of 9PM EDT on 5/23, we have completed a hotfix on both megaservers that reverted the difficulty of Veteran Rank content (50+ and 50++) to what it was prior to patch 1.1.2. Thank you for your patience as we fixed the issue.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good for you. Hope you enjoy playing with the other 5 or 6 players still subbing after everyone else has decided that it's no longer fun.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chirru wrote: »
    To OP,

Well, I am glad you do because most players do not. And you are out of luck.

As of 9PM EDT on 5/23, we have completed a hotfix on both megaservers that reverted the difficulty of Veteran Rank content (50+ and 50++) to what it was prior to patch 1.1.2. Thank you for your patience as we fixed the issue.

yay cry babies won, back to dull boring automated combat with no challenge.

• Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    andersan wrote: »
    Tanabe wrote: »

What level are you?

Wild guess... Level 3 Trollbot.

GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • krapmyself
    krapmyself
    ✭✭✭
    Soloing hours on end might be boring to you, I'm sure, but for others, Grouping for hours on end in equally as boring. (and you can, and there are groups that do this, they get a group and grind farm mobs for xp. Reminds me of the FFXI days.)
  • krapmyself
    krapmyself
    ✭✭✭
    oh, you can also roll ad Templar or a NB if you want it to be challenging. since Temps are a broken class so everything is hard and NBs are more bugged than a cockroach infested crack house.