Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Least boring way to level to VR10?

Morthrax
Morthrax
Thanks for your input.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way is to grind quests, maybe PvP is an option but I don't play it so I don't know. Some people grind dungeons but there is plenty of quests to do VR1-10.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moderator Edit: Removed for encouraging behavior that violates the ESO Terms of Service
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on 23 May 2014 18:55
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Caldwell's journal. Side quests give crap xp. Dolmens. World Bosses. Whiting out areas on your map(which might require some side questing).

Fastest? Wayrest. Run it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Repeat that about 5-20 times and you should be VR10.
    Edited by vicNBitis on 23 May 2014 18:47
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vicNBitis wrote: »
    Fastest? Wayrest. Run it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Repeat about 5 times and you should be VR10.

No way you run Wayrest Sewers 5 times and get to VR10. It's even more incredibly boring as the endless Dolmen, WB runs in each area. Getting a good group is a pain for WS also.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    BTW as you get higher into the veteran levels it'll get harder and harder to find groups to do dolmens and bosses so jump on those trains when they come over /zone. Get in a good one and you can knock out half the level in no time.
  • ZurinArctus
    ZurinArctus
    ✭✭✭
    I did all quests except public dungeons (now the torch with +) and private dungeons (crossed torches) content in each zone.

I would try to catch a group that would run through for the bosses and dolmens, and the rest was done solo.

I hit VR10 about a week and a half post release, so two and a half weeks total.

I enjoyed the quests, though I did rush quite a few of them and only stood to listen/read the ones that interested me. It passed the time enough that I was barely hitting Eastmarch when I hit VR10, leaving both Eastmarch and The Rift unexplored.

Saved both zones until now, but unfortunately with the current state of things, can't press on. :persevere:
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »

No way you run Wayrest Sewers 5 times and get to VR10. It's even more incredibly boring as the endless Dolmen, WB runs in each area. Getting a good group is a pain for WS also.

Sorry, I meant do the "over and over and over" thing 5-20(added in edit) times. So 45-180 times depending on how you read it. Yeah, it's beyond boring.
  • Haven
    Haven
    ✭✭✭
    So basically either do sewers, grind quests. Or have a long but fun time leveling in pvp? I am vet 8 now. And secretly I am starting to hate Cadwell. Damn quests..
  • jkbennettb14a_ESO
    jkbennettb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    OP got you all good. Trick question, the answer is bacon of course.
    On Class Balance
    The real dilemma is that; Powdered doughnuts are overpowdered, the chocolate doughnuts are too chocolaty, and the coconut crunch doughnuts have more coconut than all other doughnuts. This is OUTRAGEOUSLY unfair to other doughnuts!

So from now on, all you special snowflakes get is nasty plain doughnuts...enjoy!
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pvp gives some alright xp, but it's pretty slow if you're not in Cyrodiil constantly. It's probably the least boring way to level, but it's time consuming and let's face it...if you spend as much time in Cyrodiil as I have, you're going to get a bit bored.
    QQing is a full time job
  • Morthrax
    Morthrax
    Thanks for the input. VR1 sounds like a good place to stop.
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK ... ZENIMAX you nerfed my dk , ok I agree with it it was for balance.

Vet is not balanced - tuned too long per level and it is not really any fun after a short while V3 now and will keep playing because I love the game in its entirety but it is too long now particularly with content released at max level .

Consider strongly tuning the levelling a little more so as to speed up a little ... Not too much just take the edge off the grind a little .