Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Should I be afraid to Login when I get home?

Darkro
Darkro
✭✭✭
So I am currently at work, but after reading the forums a bit and talking extensively to a few friends that are currently done downloading and playing, I am AFRAID TO LOGIN when I get home.

Some of the issue my friends encountered:
-bugged skill points (unusable talents or something)
-crashes every 10-15 minutes
-unresponsive UI (required total client restart)
-infinite loading screen with tips rolling around
-bugged quest and monsters exp
-achievement resets/loss
-quest not upgrading progress or whole progress gone
-rollbacks

Is it true? Did the patch mess things that badly? Or am I just being trolled and people are exaggerating?
Would appreciate some honest opinions. And please no game is dying and other crap like that.

Thanks
Edited by Darkro on 23 May 2014 12:55
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not being trolled, you are tolling.

Afraid to login. Give me a break. :-\
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH, I didnt have any problems. yes I am a V5 DK so I had to adjust my play alittle with the changes, but I had no game problems that your mentioning. I will admit though I only was able to play for a couple hours.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say it is okey, nothing to worry about, but see for yourself.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the exception of unusable skill points, I have experienced everything on that list after patch 1.1 hit. Your friends are not lying.
  • Darkro
    Darkro
    ✭✭✭
    I am actually more worried about progress and achievements loss. This is why I am asking if someone actually encountered it, or if it got solved by re-logging or something?
  • AZRainman
    AZRainman
    ✭✭✭
    No worries....just get a boat load of soul gems and try vr6-10, then log out and curse here...lol
  • esoone
    esoone
    ✭✭✭
    Depends wat game your logging into.
  • Tenofas
    Tenofas
    ✭✭✭
    Darkro wrote: »
    Some of the issue my friends encountered:
    -bugged skill points (unusable talents or something)
    -crashes every 10-15 minutes
    -unresponsive UI (required total client restart)
    -infinite loading screen with tips rolling around
    -bugged quest and monsters exp
    -achievement resets/loss
    -quest not upgrading progress or whole progress gone
    -rollbacks

Is it true?

In the 5 min I had the chance to play (before crashing for the first time ever!), I can confirm about the achievement bug for sure. Did not have the time to test the others... still loggin back in.
    Tenofas
    Redguard stamina Nightblade (CP 810) - Daggerfall Covenant
    PC - EU
  • Zanagan
    Zanagan
    ✭✭
    Be very afraid
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. I lost a lot of my achievements. I also don't like the cool downs on my ability's either. There is a delay in every ability before you can use it again. Ergo: cool down.
  • MCrusader
    MCrusader
    Soul Shriven
    to me shadowfen , deshaan , stonefall are 0 mission when i at (was) at busy with shadowfem mission 59 , and only was busy to find the last one , today the new patch , there change it to 51 mission and yet compleet 1 more mission i cannot compleet it now of this patch
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Darkro yes afraid should you be la_minator_by_kitlightning-d6u8mih.gif

Trolls there be and other shad at the other side waiting for youla_quisitors_by_kitlightning-d6p4zey.gif

"I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Darkro
    Darkro
    ✭✭✭
    Well 2 more hours until I find the answer myself, and see how much my character will be affected by it.

Thank you everyone for the input and enjoy the weekend!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that the vocal whining forum population is the minority of the player base. Yes there will be issues with the patch, there always are in MMO games but that doesn't mean they're issues which effect everyone and even if they were they will be patched out or sorted with a little patience.

Go, log in and play, if you have some issues which are bugs contact CS/Bug Report, if you have problems with balance changes make a constructive and mature thread outlining what you feel is wrong with it so the developers can take it on and look into it.

Or just post like it's the end of the world and add as many profanities and capital letters as you can, I hear that works wonders for making someone listen to you. :P
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only issue I have found is that Quest numbers from the zones were borked.

Under the Achievements - Quests area zone completions were reset to zero.

So if you look it will show things like Deshaan 0/53 (or whatever the number is).

This appears to be an issue with the reporting only. As I have had no issues obtaining and completing level appropriate quests in the current VR zone that I am in.

Others in game at the same time as myself after the patch were voicing in /zone that there were rollbacks, but most of the time it I didn't notice, most likely because I was stationary at the time and was chatting in /guild chat and not running around and questing.

VR mobs seem to have been buffed, but surprisingly enough when running with a group, the vast majority of the comments were along the lines of "does this seem easier".

M/H/S bars look like they have gotten a change. Now, I do not know what my numbers were before the patch, so I cannot compare them to what they were after the patch, but the bars themselves seem shorter.

This could be because of a silent nerf to the base stats, or it could be just a graphical change to the UI. Others would need to research it more. Although based on the few comments I have seen, there appears to have been a silent nerf to the user's base stats for M/H/S

• agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally, I'm more worried that I can't play because the patch to the client takes soooooooooooooo long.

17%......

At this rate, my wife will notice that I'm not doing anything and I will have to go to the shops or something equally banal.
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly getting used to crashes, and have the client lock ups and bad server side lag that we had a couple of patches ago again. Would be nice for monsters to load fast enough that I could use a horse without running into them before they appear on the screen, but then walking pace isn't slow enough for that at present. Combat ability lag is also unfun.

A challenge, but not in a good way.