Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Consolidation plans already in effect?

wrlifeboil
wrlifeboil
✭✭✭✭✭
Ten Cyrodiil shards before the patch, only nine now. Doesn't matter atm. All nine shards on the NA meagerserver are at one bar which means they are all pretty much empty. We'll have to wait until peak hours tonight to see if there are any effects.

ZOS should have had a BG or two as many requested last year. They went all in on Cyrodiil instead. Only two months into the game and here we are already into consolidation.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Said it in another thread.

They killed one campaign now they need to kill another 5 more and the remaining 4 will have a healthy population.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom wrote: »
    Those of you who participated in the Scourge campaign have likely noticed that it is no longer available following our deployment of Update 1.1.2 today. During the maintenance, we added a new campaign with a 2-week duration. In light of this new campaign, we intended to close Scourge—but not quite so soon. An error in our update process ended the campaign prematurely on the North American megaserver and before we could give you adequate warning.

We know that Scourge players were invested in their battles in Cyrodiil, and we’re reaching out to the campaign’s emperors to ensure their accomplishments are preserved. If you played in Scourge, you’ll retain your Alliance Rank and Points and can transfer to any other campaign. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    We need official communication about what is exactly planned for these campaigns, not some by-error-deletion ahead of an undisclosed schedule.
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of large scale pvp areas with some pve objectives involved and I was impressed with my first visit to cyrodiil tonight but it seems to definitely need some consolidation or merging to make it more active. Looking forward to grinding out a pvp title but I hope I'm in the right campaign.
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same amateur developer error that most have made ever since DAoC made it all those years ago. Splitting the player base into non-interactive segments. Huge mistake. Splitting it into three segments really just makes it worse.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should really only be four/five 90 day campaigns, and if needed they can increase the max amount of each faction allowed on each. Even then I think people will try their best to skip to one where their alliance has the clearest advantage in numbers.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point the only valid reason to not merge is that the game cant really handle a full pop server.
    ZOS prove me wrong and merge campaigns, we dont need more than four or five of them.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 out 10 times I can guess the OP from the title
    8 out 10
  • quakedawg_ESO
    quakedawg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Trim the number of campaigns (merge). No Battle grounds! That would only water down AvA even more.
    Pro Tip: Form a group of 4 and hang out with the zerg. Now you can claim you only run with 4. I'm l33t

'I've never died in AvA. Undefeated!'
    'My group of 4 will often take on 100+ with no problem. I have videos to prove it'
    'All the abilities on my keyboard require real skill to spam'