Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Blocky graphics after patch?!?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey all :)
Just downloaded the patch and installed it. I fire up the game and suddenly my graphics have turned crap! Really blocky. I had nice smooth gfx before the patch. I haven't chanbged anything and it is ONLY this game that is giving me a problem. PLEASE help! :)
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes ive noticed it too the whole game looks much cheaper now... and ive been asking around and it seems plenty other folk have noticed
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm _ all my add-ons are now out of date too even though I have 'auto-update' turned on in minion. urgh. game is really starting to annoy me although of course i will preservere (and drive myself crazy doing so) :D:D:D
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • gronbek
    gronbek
    ✭✭✭
    Is this true? If so, how the heck can they sneak in changes like this?
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what the issues were/are, but last night I could hardly fight back against LVL 11 imps with my LVL16 'alchemy wildflower gatherer' without getting destroyed in Auridon.

And opening 'simple' chests? forget about it. I kept timing out before I got half way through the sequence.

I gave up in disgust.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Hmmm _ all my add-ons are now out of date too even though I have 'auto-update' turned on in minion. urgh. game is really starting to annoy me although of course i will preservere (and drive myself crazy doing so) :D:D:D

Checking the "Load Out-of date addons" saved my day ;)
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Hey all :)
    Just downloaded the patch and installed it. I fire up the game and suddenly my graphics have turned crap! Really blocky. I had nice smooth gfx before the patch. I haven't chanbged anything and it is ONLY this game that is giving me a problem. PLEASE help! :)

There's a new upsampling setting... at least, I think it's new. Basically it only exists to render the game at a lower resolution than reported, as far as I can tell.