Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Junk......? What's that, then?

agegarton
agegarton
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Something has been niggling me....... The inventory has a slot for Junk. But I've never had any junk <giggle like a schoolboy>. What goes in here? Has anybody had some junk <giggles again> ?

Ok, seriously...... What is the slot for?

• Meuh
    Meuh
    ✭✭
    I personally used it for the exact opposite : Do not sell this stuff !
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meuh wrote: »

That's not a bad idea. Hadn't considered actually USING it for something myself...... Lol.

• LadyLothi
    LadyLothi
    ✭✭✭
    I use it for fishing bait, although it bugs me to no end, that you cannot just say "worms are always junk" and they get sorted in there as soon as I pick them up with a cornflower or something.

Although now that I think of it, the "don't sell" option seems to be the smarter use of that function. ^^
    "It's easy, a child of five could do it. Unfortunately, we don't have a child of five, so I have to walk YOU through it." Abnur Tharn <3
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally this would refer to 'white' goods that are only used for selling (no craftables etc)
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    I use my Junk slot for many uses. It holds all my thorphys (so I don't have to manage around them while I am selling/clearing out my bag) and to hold onto my rare mats :)

The reason why I carry my rare mats on me, because my bank is full of alch plants, CE treasure maps, Pets, and Enchanting runes (Grrr... the square ones only stack to 20... wth)
    Edited by Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO on 23 May 2014 08:26
  • Mishoniko
    Mishoniko
    ✭✭✭
    To sort items into the Junk tab, right click them and select "Mark as Junk." When at a vendor, you can push a key to sell everything in the Junk tab.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guild friend sends me all the enchanting stuff she finds.

I thought the email system was bugged as half the stuff she sent me didn't arrive (so I thought)

Turns out she had marked them as junk so she wouldn't sell them, and they remained marked as junk for me when I took them out of my email.

• agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, I have taken from these comments that there are lots of possible uses for the Junk Trunk, none of which I had considered before now. So, thanks for that people. You're all my heroes.

Age. xxxxx
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I use an addon that marks stuff for me as junk and auto sells junk.
    I made it mark as junk the following: stale food / murky drinks and the like, ornate gear.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meuh wrote: »
    This is the way I use it. I put all my cosmetic gear there along with some items which I intend on using at later levels.
    It really helps so that you don't get rid of some stuff you want to keep, of course you can always just buy back from a vendor if you accidentally sold it.
    QQing is a full time job
  • LadyLothi
    LadyLothi
    ✭✭✭
    Question (cannot test it right now, still not through patching):
    Does stuff I mark as junk show up on a crafting bench as eligible for deconstructing?
    Otherwise that would be a nice workaround to having to look all the time that I do not accidentally decon stuff which traits I have not yet researched.
    "It's easy, a child of five could do it. Unfortunately, we don't have a child of five, so I have to walk YOU through it." Abnur Tharn <3
  • Lausanna
    Lausanna
    @LadyLothi There's an addon called Research Assistant that puts an icon next to any item with a trait you need to research. It's made my crafting live so much easier.

I never even thought much about the junk tab. Good idea to use it for storage!