Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Zenimax Doesn't get it with Nightblades

ipkonfigcub18_ESO
ipkonfigcub18_ESO
✭✭✭
It's clear your own development team has not thoroughly tested this class upon release. There's no logical explanation behind this class' issues that you simply refuse to address. Point blank: you don't' give a damn.
  • Shades no longer occupy the other mobs in group pulls, they now turn directly to you when you come out of sneak/stealth. Thanks for nerfing them and not updating patch notes. Oh and we don't expect you to fix them right away, you have ignored us long enough - we get the picture.
  • Mobs are continually knocking us out of Shadowry causing us to restealth again and burn up that magicka pool you force us into. Oh and we don't expect you to fix them right away, you have ignored us long enough - we get the picture.
  • Rapid Strikes is still way below the damage output. Oh and we don't expect you to fix them right away, you have ignored us long enough - we get the picture.
  • Our abilities through the magicka line drain us so bad for the lack of damage output the class deals. Oh and we don't expect you to fix them right away, you have ignored us long enough - we get the picture.
  • You refuse to address our class bugs, we don't expect you to fix them right away, you have ignored us long enough - we get the picture.
  • Most of the class abilities still refuse to go off when the player presses the key to use the ability, forcing us to pretty much spam our keys to ensure the ability eventually goes off. Oh and we don't expect you to fix them right away, you have ignored us long enough - we get the picture.
  • Nerfing shades just put us into a larger world of hurt because now you expect a Medium Armor DWing spec to handle groups of mobs while all the other classes can deal with them without issue. Oh and we don't expect you to fix them right away, you have ignored us long enough - we get the picture.
  • Your priorities in 'dealing with the Nightblades' while ignoring our real issues is hitting below the belt. But.......we don't expect you to fix them right away, you have ignored us long enough - we get the picture.

We get it, you hate the Melee class Nightblades - you proved your point, Zenimax. I think you should at least provide the Nightblades with K.Y. Jelly in the next patch (months from now, I'm sure) so we can easily prepare for hatred towards a class none of your developers have thoroughly tested.

I get why you nerfed our Ultimate ability - I'm not upset about that as it was a fair and justifiable change. But to go off and nerf the Shades and not even document it in the patch notes? That's pretty low and something I would expect by a company like Blizzard, not you guys.

And I totally agree with the majory of players out in PVP that Nightblades are a tad out of control - but you didn't even touch those areas of concerns and went on some strange rampage of nerfing odd areas of the class to make it weaker in one area than the other. Yes, that made sense /sarcasm. I don't get why for the last seven years you have been building a game that millions of us were excited about only to show us you're no different than the last MMO company.
Edited by ipkonfigcub18_ESO on 23 May 2014 03:01
  • Froggmann5
    Froggmann5
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you understand their inner workings at all. There is a priority list. This just doesn't happen to fall high on their list.

You also cannot expect all of these patches to fix themselves like magic. They take time and testing to make sure they work and are all balanced with the dozens of other skills in the game. It's not like they can just change a line of code and fix it, it takes HOURS upon HOURS to do this and to make it right.

They are not refusing you or ignoring you. In fact, they managed to fix HUNDREDS of bugs with the Craglorn update. Nightblade had its own COLUMN one that was larger than all of the other classes of fixes and the likes.

The game is not, and will not be perfect for months. You have to accept that things like this are going to happen. Being a NB as my second main, It works well. There are just a few things wrong that I can live without. I can even wreck people in PvP if I wanted to.

Just because its in YOUR area of concern, doesn't mean it was the thousands of other players concern. Or Zenimax's. They will fix it, just as they fixed hundreds of the complained bugs with Craglorn and then some.
  • tilolyen_ESO
    tilolyen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They will fix it, just as they fixed hundreds of the complained bugs with Craglorn and then some.

Wha?? Puff Puff pass bro. You lost all credibility as did your post once you said that.

• moXrox
    moXrox
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the first time a video about Shades and did really wonder.

Dont you think that at least at higher lvls the combat should be more exciting and more difficult than for a lower lvl player.

>> No need for blocking or interrupt or a dodge roll, nothing. No weapon change with the need to kite a mob....no need to use even cc.

Is this a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CngKfuVIErI
    Edited by moXrox on 23 May 2014 03:33
    Music Channel:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCQHvIypA0v70w4uu_ej8wyg/featured
    Tolkien Fantasy Music, Medieval, Pagan & Nordic Music Style
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Froggmann5 wrote: »
    Nightblade had its own COLUMN one that was larger than all of the other classes of fixes and the likes.

Don't get DK and Nightblade mixed up so easily.

• Kalann_Pander
    Kalann_Pander
    ✭✭✭
    [*] Most of the class abilities still refuse to go off when the player presses the key to use the ability, forcing us to pretty much spam our keys to ensure the ability eventually goes off. Oh and we don't expect you to fix them right away, you have ignored us long enough - we get the picture.

From the patch notes ::

Nightblade

Fixed an issue that was causing Nightblade abilities to become unresponsive in high-intensity combat situations.
    This issue is caused by a number of factors, and we will continue to monitor it after this patch.

There you go.
    On this at least ZoS has been honest, it will eventually be resolved.
    Bear in mind that some bugs are as hard as hell to analyse (I see it in my job everyday) - seems to be the situation here - and that multiple patches might be necessary for a complete correction.

Give them a break guys, try to calmly report what you think isn't working the way they announced it should.

There'll probably be a post-patch hotfix in the next week or so - that hotfix will depend in part on our ability to report things without going mental.
    Opinions are like buttholes : Everybody has one, and they usually stink.

3 things to reduce stamina/magicka imbalance :
    - Use magicka to block abilities costing magicka, instead of stamina.
    - Add % damage reduction to heavy armor.
    - Add block penetration to 2H.
  • One Two
    One Two
    ✭✭
    Funny part is, the 40% armor debuff is not 40%

all the fixed are hot fixes.
    Not addressing the real issue.

I think i will have to give this game a break for maybe 2 to 3 months.

You know what would make them focus on this...the loss of subs.

give them a break? every other class is getting buffs and vital fixes, what do we get? NOTHING. o/

This class is a joke.
    New content? AWESOME...will the NB be taken...NOPE.
    wait until 1.2X
    YAY pay more money to play a broken class....or play an alt, and in 2 months it will be your main...FUN :disagree:
    Edited by One Two on 23 May 2014 03:31
    Two tears in a Mother!@$&ing Bucket, !@$& it.
    - CT Fletcher
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will fix it, just as they fixed hundreds of the complained bugs with Craglorn and then some.

Wha?? Puff Puff pass bro. You lost all credibility as did your post once you said that.

*1950s voice*
    He's from the future!
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.