Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Quitting due to new Patch

Rikushin
Rikushin
Soul Shriven
As a DK whom was sword and board, the only way I was managing through the game was with bash. Now that it has been practically eliminated on top of the other debuffs we took WITH the INSANE increase to VR content the game is unplayable. Unless the game is fixed by next week I'll be canceling my subscription. Please fix the game. I'm going to have to go back to WoW.
  • theweakminded
    theweakminded
    ✭✭✭
    New patch has some issues, but dw s/b builds were stupid unbalanced. As a Templar who rand s/b for lvling and support bar weapon, I'm fine with the change.
  • Zxaxz
    Zxaxz
    ✭✭✭
    Why does everyone, especially a tank, think that they should be able to SOLO every fkn thing in the game, group up for fks sake, get a fracking healer, this is a MMO, not a single player 3rd person shooter. Damn today's kids. WTF.
    Edited by Zxaxz on 23 May 2014 02:57
    Darkness is the natural state of the galaxy. A light will not shine forever; one day it will burn itself out. Darkness, however, is everlasting and never expires.
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Oh noes! My faceroll op build has been nerfed! I have to actually to use a bit of effort now! Press more than 1 button?! UNACCEPTABLE! Give me my toys back or I QUIT!"
  • ciannait
    ciannait
    ✭✭✭
    Zxaxz wrote: »
    Why does everyone, especially a tank, think that they should be able to SOLO every fkn thing in the game, group up for fks sake, get a fracking healer, this is a MMO, not a single shooter player game. Damn today's kids. WTF.

It's a single-player game with delusions of grandeur. I've never seen an MMO discourage grouping as much as ESO does.
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heindrich wrote: »
    "Oh noes! My faceroll op build has been nerfed! I have to actually to use a bit of effort now! Press more than 1 button?! UNACCEPTABLE! Give me my toys back or I QUIT!"

Go quest in VR zones and tell me something is not broken there.
  • Rikushin
    Rikushin
    Soul Shriven
    Its a combination of that and the VR mobs. You obviously have not done any PVE since the patch.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.k., I've been complaining about a lot of stuff. But this thread's complaint is complete ass-hat fest. You're horribad if you relied on bash as a s/b dk.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The V1-V10 zones are stuffed. The V11-V12 zones are ok. It would be nice for a single word from the devs to say is the V1-V10 zones are working as they want them too, or if its a bug.
    Edited by Natjur on 23 May 2014 03:00
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    Rikushin wrote: »
    As a DK whom was sword and board, the only way I was managing through the game was with bash. Now that it has been practically eliminated on top of the other debuffs we took WITH the INSANE increase to VR content the game is unplayable. Unless the game is fixed by next week I'll be canceling my subscription. Please fix the game. I'm going to have to go back to WoW.

Enjoy that snore fest that can be played while watching TV or doing whatever else.
  • Zxaxz
    Zxaxz
    ✭✭✭

Go quest in VR zones and tell me something is not broken there.

http://www.twitch.tv/iamepitaph/b/531230213

Solo V7 NB 1 bar 5 skills 1 Ult - Public dungeon 1 hour after patch.
    Edited by Zxaxz on 23 May 2014 03:02
    Darkness is the natural state of the galaxy. A light will not shine forever; one day it will burn itself out. Darkness, however, is everlasting and never expires.
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know something is wrong when you can no longer solo trash mobs outside of a dungeon.
    - Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • meimei
    meimei
    Soul Shriven
    The game was fine before no need to put the mobs on steroids. If bash was op, just get rid of the bash jewelry & glyphs, no need to totally destroy the skill. And why should we not have the option to group or solo, especially a pack of 3 mobs? Not everyone wants to group up with a bunch of as*holes like Zxaxz!
    Edited by meimei on 23 May 2014 03:04
  • moXrox
    moXrox
    ✭✭✭

Check out the video lol

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/872249/#Comment_872249
    Edited by moXrox on 23 May 2014 03:05
    Music Channel:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCQHvIypA0v70w4uu_ej8wyg/featured
    Tolkien Fantasy Music, Medieval, Pagan & Nordic Music Style
  • Zxaxz
    Zxaxz
    ✭✭✭
    ciannait wrote: »
    Why does everyone, especially a tank, think that they should be able to SOLO every fkn thing in the game, group up for fks sake, get a fracking healer, this is a MMO, not a single shooter player game. Damn today's kids. WTF.

It's a single-player game with delusions of grandeur. I've never seen an MMO discourage grouping as much as ESO does.
    Incorrect, people just have rolled through content solo and they think that's how it should be, but YOU decide not to group. People are near you all the time, all you have to do is invite them or shout in area and people come a runnin' I know I do it every single day...You make the choice not to group, not ESO - there are many tools to group up in this game, you choose not to use them is all.
    Edited by Zxaxz on 23 May 2014 03:05
  • ciannait
    ciannait
    ✭✭✭

Incorrect, people just have rolled through content solo and they think that's how it should be, but YOU decide not to group. People are near you all the time, all you have to do is invite them or shout in area and people come a runnin' I know I do it every single day...You make the choice not to group, not ESO - there are many tools to group up in this game, you choose not to use them is all.

I can't effectively group with the people I choose to group with due to phasing. We can't group at all on a significant portion of the various quest lines. There's more to grouping than joining up with some randos talking smack in /zone.
  • Rocksteady
    Rocksteady
    ✭✭✭
    Why does everyone, especially a tank, think that they should be able to SOLO every fkn thing in the game, group up for fks sake, get a fracking healer, this is a MMO, not a single player 3rd person shooter. Damn today's kids. WTF.

You should take a look at all the threads about how the phasing "feature" makes grouping really difficult. I'm all for grouping, but if I have to struggle to do so, then I wanna be able to solo at least.
    Edited by Rocksteady on 23 May 2014 03:08
    "Their stupidity does not amaze me, its when they're smart that amazes me. It's baffling whenever you find someone who's smart — incredible. Soon you'll have zoos for such things." -Frank Zappa
  • Zxaxz
    Zxaxz
    ✭✭✭

I can't effectively group with the people I choose to group with due to phasing. We can't group at all on a significant portion of the various quest lines. There's more to grouping than joining up with some randos talking smack in /zone.

The FEW times I got phased all we had to do was go outside reform and we were all set. Really, it's that hard of a work around? I am not belittling the fact that there are issues, but come on......If one person picks up quests and shares, there are VERY FEW quest you can not do together beside the story line. Then everyone in your group are doing the same quests always. There is even an addon for it, so you dont have to do shiat.
    Edited by Zxaxz on 23 May 2014 03:12
  • vaxure
    vaxure
    ✭✭✭
    lol bye :)
  • Rocksteady
    Rocksteady
    ✭✭✭

The FEW times I got phased all we had to do was go outside reform and we were all set. Really, it's that hard of a work around? I am not belittling the fact that there are issues, but come on......

My issue with phasing is that if I log off and my friend keeps questing, that's the end of our grouping for awhile as I have to do all the quests they did while I was offline solo.

"Their stupidity does not amaze me, its when they're smart that amazes me. It's baffling whenever you find someone who's smart — incredible. Soon you'll have zoos for such things." -Frank Zappa
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, quit being stupid. Most all mmos you can solo the story and the extra content. In SWTOR you can. The only new game you need groups in is FFXIV. A player "should" be able to solo all his story content and VR1-10 extra story content. The only thing we should have to group up for is group dungeons and trials. The world bosses and other silly stuff like that. But not the damn solo quest dungeons. Some of the VR ones are way too powerful now. Mzuleft for one. The damn spiders do their lightning procs without even stopping their regular damage. It's like you're fighting double, yet only awarded half the damage for aoe.

At VR10 the game should be just hard enough to where you have to at least be in all blue gear to beat it. Purple and Gold should have an easier time. THEN the group content, etc.

It's not that hard to balance a god damn game. And if you're going to NERF something? At least have the common courtesy to offer a free respec. EverQuest did. Other MMOs do.
  • ZOS_JoanaL
    We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave The Elder Scrolls Online community. Rikushin, we're closing this thread now per our Code of Conduct policy on quitting/goodbye threads, but we wish you the very best.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.