Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Thank you ZOS for the dry cleaning...I really like the new armor look.

Grageeky
Grageeky
✭✭✭
Sending out our armor and paying our dry cleaning bills, how awesome, thank you ZOS. Three of my characters changed and sported new armor appearances. Cool!
"Perhaps his egg spent too much time in the shade before his hatching." -Wareem-
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I rather have the game back to how it was yesterday if it meant veteran zones were playable again.
  • Zionysus
    Zionysus
    ✭✭✭
    I had some pretty neat Breton black and copper armor at level 8, and it's now washed out brown. No glistening copper or nice black trim. That was not fun to see. Wth?
    Edited by Zionysus on 23 May 2014 01:54
  • jeisenhauerub17_ESO
    Glad someone likes the changes I guess....I'm not a fan.
  • Emencie
    Emencie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a 4 style custom set of armor that took quite a bit of time to match up since they change color based on upgrade level... Now I look like a clown.
  • aeroch
    aeroch
    ✭✭✭
    I had three pieces of VR10 Imperial heavy armor upgraded to Legendary that matched my robe incredibly well. Now it's some kind of blueish blackish I don't know color scheme. Oh well.
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Improved VR armor aesthetics was something I was really excited for. But I would gladly go back to having dull, ugly armor if it meant having a semi-playable game.
    Edited by Slash8915 on 23 May 2014 02:07
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Zionysus
    Zionysus
    ✭✭✭
    I give up. It really does feel like we're paying for beta. This is really becoming discouraging.
  • Poeskas
    Poeskas
    Soul Shriven
    what are u talking about. the new poop-brown/yellow-pee armor looks terribad
  • Morana
    Morana
    ✭✭✭
    My blue robes are now a very unflattering shade of yellow and brown... I want my blue robes back. :(
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    posted in another thread like this but I'll say this again anyway.
    they looked fine before, so why the "fix"?

if it's not broken don't fix it.
    #teamEmeric
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people felt is was very much broken. Personally speaking I couldn't even find a decent VR10 armour set which was a disappointment so I'm excited to see what they have done. A lot of people may not like the change initially but level up a little more and the option will be there to change your armour if you dont like it.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im full decked out in veteran daedric armor and to be honest it looks like crap. my armor looks all bright brown and is terrible. i hate it but w/e
  • frankuguzzb16_ESO
    i want dyes too
  • fyendiarb16_ESO
    fyendiarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people felt is was very much broken. Personally speaking I couldn't even find a decent VR10 armour set which was a disappointment so I'm excited to see what they have done. A lot of people may not like the change initially but level up a little more and the option will be there to change your armour if you dont like it.

There were complaints about the veteran gear, but why change the lower level gear as well? There were no complaints about that as far as I know. It was great and had a nice feeling of progression without looking bad.

Even the patch notes only mention the change for veteran gear. If that got better I am happy for the players that got that high level. For the rest of us still in pre-veteran gear for a long time I can say a lot, but will leave it with 3 letters: WTF?
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Try reguard armour. Its now...pink.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnarkyQB wrote: »

Except they didn't look fine before. You may have liked what they were but they didn't look fine, they looked washed out and low quality. This is the intended armor progression. They were missing specular maps and the rarity progression was reversed.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on 23 May 2014 12:00
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new look :) My character's appearance changed from this:
    AlENMQQ.jpg
    to this:
    vaxCObb.jpg
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    SnarkyQB wrote: »

Except they didn't look fine before. You may have liked what they were but they didn't look fine, they looked washed out and low quality. This is the intended armor progression. They were missing specular maps and the rarity progression was reversed.

maybe I didn't word it very well, but they didn't look as washed out as they are post-1.1.2.
    take altmer linen robes for example. they had not-toooooo-bad-light blue hue to them pre-patch and now they are just plain meh. so drab. they look like they've been soaked in bleach overnight or something. they weren't great but weren't much of an eyesore before (to me)
    ...and now they're an eyesore (again, to me anyways)

#teamEmeric
  • blackevil86
    blackevil86
    ✭✭
    Here's my VR5 NB in VR5 crafted medium gear (3 sets) before and after the patch. I play assassin style, stealthy and all... Really liked my gear BEFORE.
    After the patch i feel like my stealthiness has been nerfed since now i shine like a diamond (I do know it does not affect my stealth in any way but that's how i feel :P )

rs3n1.jpg