Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Angier Stower says less. Thank you!

Vendersleigh
Vendersleigh
✭✭✭
I may have missed another thread about this but I think it worth giving a thank you for shortening Angier Stower's speech. With 6 DC characters, most still in Glenumbra, I was being driven madder than usual by her long rant (which also seemed louder than other bankers).
  • Elencha
    Elencha
    ✭✭✭
    She got on my nerves for her sheer grammar fail. "Neither a borrower or a lender be..." It always made me want to shout "neither/nor, either/or!!!!!" at my monitor. But now that it's gone, I both kinda miss it and feel sorta bad for her.
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    Elencha wrote: »
    She got on my nerves for her sheer grammar fail. "Neither a borrower or a lender be..." It always made me want to shout "neither/nor, either/or!!!!!" at my monitor. But now that it's gone, I both kinda miss it and feel sorta bad for her.
    She must be from the South.
    The beginning of the words is ALMSIVI. I give you this as Vivec.
    Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the south lol
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VlVEC wrote: »
    She must be from the South.

So clever and edgy.

Was that a new stereotype? That southerners have poor grammar and are stupid? I haven't heard that one. You should write that down its comic gold.
    Edited by Laura on 25 May 2014 04:00
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    yeah she was a major pain in the butt, glad they shortened it.
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    They just need to gag a bazillion more now! :)
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I may have missed another thread about this but I think it worth giving a thank you for shortening Angier Stower's speech. With 6 DC characters, most still in Glenumbra, I was being driven madder than usual by her long rant (which also seemed louder than other bankers).
    If you want even less, there are 2 addons created because of her:
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info427-Luminary-BankerShutUpv3.0.html
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info225-BorrowerAndLender-NPCMuter.html

Plus two more general purpose ones that can be used for her too:
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info235-MuteNPC.html
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info422-MuteNPCDialogue.html

I don't mind those ocassional flukes like her speech so much, as they gave us the tools to work around them. Or it is stuff that can wait till next patch.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Elencha
    Elencha
    ✭✭✭
    @zgrssd‌ I'd known about only one NPC-shutter-upper add-on until your post: Borrower and Lender. When I found out about that one I laughed like a maniac for that poor woman; she was her own special kind of aggravating. But I now realize the love/hate relationship I have with her. I almost feel like she died.

Just think, people who start this game six months from now won't even get the myriad jokes about "that Daggerfall Bank lady." Console players may never know her.

Rest in peace, launch version Angier Stower.

Edited for typo removal.
    Edited by Elencha on 25 May 2014 05:24
  • ciannait
    ciannait
    ✭✭✭

My husband would always make "your mom" jokes at her, which saved me from yelling that exact same thing at my own monitor.
  • Yolo_Swagginz
    Yolo_Swagginz
    Soul Shriven
    You know who also needs to shut up? That wood elf banker in Grahtwood with his snarky, "What are our banks made of..." comment. First time was funny. 100th time is annoying
  • Savinder
    Savinder
    ✭✭✭
    You know who also needs to shut up? That wood elf banker in Grahtwood with his snarky, "What are our banks made of..." comment. First time was funny. 100th time is annoying
    There's a second Khajiit banker near him you can talk to, if you got tired of the Wood Elf.
    Edited by Savinder on 25 May 2014 07:09
    Var var var