Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

VR changes specifically to HP

ZurinArctus
ZurinArctus
✭✭✭
Overall mobs seem tougher, but was it really intended for mobs HPs to move from 2200-3200 HP range to 16557-17877? Quest mobs, trash mobs, you can see these guys all over the VR10 The Rift zone for DC.

Is this intended? I saw some move from ~2k to ~4k, definitely doable. 17k on trash? Not so much.

Edit: I am not taking into account how much harder mobs hit, etc. Just on HP alone.
Edited by ZurinArctus on 22 May 2014 21:30
  • meimei
    meimei
    Soul Shriven
    Overall mobs seem tougher, but was it really intended for mobs HPs to move from 2200-3200 HP range to 16557-17877? Quest mobs, trash mobs, you can see these guys all over the VR10 The Rift zone for DC.

Is this intended? I saw some move from ~2k to ~4k, definitely doable. 17k on trash? Not so much.

Edit: I am not taking into account how much harder mobs hit, etc. Just on HP alone.

I was just grindng VR10 mobs in the Rift Zone & OMG the mobs health is a lot higher & they also do more damage. I did not get double experience for killing mobs. This really sucks! I'm dying now trying to grind packs of 3 mobs, before the patch it was no problem at all. Now I'll have to group just to kill normal mobs! Thank you ESO for taking the fun out of this game! And congrats for also making NB class worse than it was before......I did not think it was even possible! Some of the class skills that were not bugged bofore are now, LOL! Pathetic!!!!!!!
    Edited by meimei on 22 May 2014 21:54
  • Psychoke
    Psychoke
    ✭✭
    meimei wrote: »
    Thank you ESO for taking the fun out of this game! And congrats for also making NB class worse than it was before......I did not think it was even possible! Some of the class skills that were not bugged bofore are now, LOL! Pathetic!!!!!!!

why do people do this?
    this should be flaggable as going off topic or just general b*tching, every argument about any changes of the game ends in these kind of comments
    "imagine a world without elder scrolls customer support, i can't either"
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerfing AoE, making mobs stronger, they are doing all of these to encourage grouping, I sure hope they make grouping easier first.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok this is what it was...I am getting killed by some random zombies, that are taking ages to kill in a vr10 zone. I can only hope that this was unintended.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • TheJadeFist
    TheJadeFist
    ✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    nerfing AoE, making mobs stronger, they are doing all of these to encourage grouping, I sure hope they make grouping easier first.

Encourage grouping, but they've specifically said play how you want, alone or in a group.

I'm afraid to see how hard my ass will be kicked after this patch finally finishes downloading.
  • ZurinArctus
    ZurinArctus
    ✭✭✭
    Been playing around more in the Rift ... I also hope some of these changes are unintended.

To change what would have been solo content before patch to now group, is a wee bit crazy.

I can see the double HP amounts, but eight times? That essentially makes these trash mobs equivalent in HP to bosses.

The Trial of Body quest I saw a huge change. The brawlers before patch were at around 3200-4500 HP. Now they're sitting at 17k HP. The champions before were at about 7-8k HP and now they're at 13k HP. I can't see how the 'champions' would be a good 4k HP less than the regular brawlers.

Oh well. I hope the solo encounters that are phased out aren't tweaked as badly.
  • Elgarr
    Elgarr
    ✭✭✭
    They said xp for killing vet level mobs has more than doubled.
    Are people saying this isn't the case?
    If it isn't, better to report it might well not have gone through, or a bug etc.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »

Encourage grouping, but they've specifically said play how you want, alone or in a group.

I'm afraid to see how hard my ass will be kicked after this patch finally finishes downloading.

true. Since they are able to adjust mat regen rate based on population density in the area, I have to assume they can adjust mob HP/dmg based on population density as well.

The fact that they are not doing that, suggest they are force player to group.

However, without a proper, easy, hassle-free grouping mechanism, I am afraid this will backfire.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I can't even complete this particular quest. I have to stop some ritual and three zombies attack me, but they are hitting me for 450 each and have a ton of hp...I don't remember it being this difficult...or am I mistaken?
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • stevenpotter321b14_ESO
    That quest has always been a pain in VR 10. I do enjoy the death recap though, seeing quick attack(light attack for a melee mob) listed 3 times for 450 each.

Then the helpful tips, like block, remember to use food and drink, use a potion, etc really help. Its like, Ive made it to VR 10 as a melee NB, Ive been doing it wrong the whole time, thanks for the sage advice.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Psychoke wrote: »
    Thank you ESO for taking the fun out of this game! And congrats for also making NB class worse than it was before......I did not think it was even possible! Some of the class skills that were not bugged bofore are now, LOL! Pathetic!!!!!!!

why do people do this?
    this should be flaggable as going off topic or just general b*tching, every argument about any changes of the game ends in these kind of comments

Why on earth is commenting on problems a problem for you - when did the world change so that reporting something broken was 'wrong'. Such anger with people who question authority is a reflection on you...

GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm, I noticed that I was getting hit harder by mobs, but maybe having some of my passives working counterbalanced the hp increase, because that I didn't notice.

It's a nice change imo, as a notoriously underpowered NB, I was getting by way too easy before.

That said, I had to go up against a gargoyle for a quest and it absolutely wasn't doable solo. I was able to in earlier vet ranks with the one I had to kill in Northpoint.

Not going to complain about the challenge rating increase. Actually more flustered by the cyrodiil npc level increase, where am I going to work on leveling up werewolf now? :/
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap. VR mobs have gotten much more difficult. Looks like they just made it impossible to play solo anymore. Hope this wasn't intentional
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been playing around more in the Rift ... I also hope some of these changes are unintended.

To change what would have been solo content before patch to now group, is a wee bit crazy.

I can see the double HP amounts, but eight times? That essentially makes these trash mobs equivalent in HP to bosses.

The Trial of Body quest I saw a huge change. The brawlers before patch were at around 3200-4500 HP. Now they're sitting at 17k HP. The champions before were at about 7-8k HP and now they're at 13k HP. I can't see how the 'champions' would be a good 4k HP less than the regular brawlers.

Oh well. I hope the solo encounters that are phased out aren't tweaked as badly.
    Sounds like a bug to me, my guess is that hp for cragtorn mob has been transferred to all VR10 mob.
    With cragtorn the high level VR zones is obviously for solo play if you group you go to cragtorn.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭

I did that quest yesterday as VR4 NB and they all had 17k.
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    I think ZOS got xp confused with hp when they "doubled" them for mobs.....
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing that much of an increase for VR5 mobs. Do you think there may be an issue with all VR10 mobs being put at Craglorn-level stats?
    ----
    Murray?
  • ZurinArctus
    ZurinArctus
    ✭✭✭
    Also, general trash mobs

I did that quest yesterday as VR4 NB and they all had 17k.

Ah, interesting. Could've sworn it was these same mobs, as I was 2/4 on Brawlers yesterday before logging and logged in today to get rekt. Had to fall back on light armor and destruction staff from my medium armor and two handed I was leveling up.

It looks like some of these changes weren't intentional, which is good. I was getting discouraged.
  • meimei
    meimei
    Soul Shriven
    Psychoke wrote: »

why do people do this?

You don't like it don't read my post. Freedom of speech! If I'm not happy with something I will express my self! Remember I'm a "Paying Customer". Did I insult you in any way with my previous post? Didn't Madonna have a song "Express Yourself"?
    Edited by meimei on 23 May 2014 00:18
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    From reading quite a few threads, its maybe map 2+ Cadwell Gold

(VR7+)

I am getting hit harder though, no doubt about that. Even with 1k over soft cap for M.Res coming out of stealth/invis and 2k AR in that scenario, light attacks are hitting ~ 500.

I have beast HP for VR4 NB (2500) so a little breathing room to pop regen via invis without insta-rofl. If I still have my 'turn-in bar' loaded by accident ... prolly insta death lol
    Edited by GreasedLizard on 23 May 2014 01:21
  • danteafk
    danteafk
    ✭✭
    I hope is stays like this. Cannot stand the whining from all those crybabies wanting to have everything easier.
  • Skewki
    Skewki
    ✭✭
    maybe they changed the v10 areas to have craglorn monsters. yay for bugs