Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

DK Magicka Generation in 1.1

Utherix
Utherix
✭✭✭
Now that Inhale and Ultimate generation has been nerfed, what tactics are DKs using to maintain Magicka? (for those who don't know, ultimates and inhale are the only DK abilities which give magicka).

Right now I'm using Siphon Spirit and spamming magicka pots.
Edited by Utherix on 22 May 2014 21:36
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now use the same way to create magicka as I do on my templar. Potions!
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same ones as they are before, because Zenimax refuses to see the real issues at hand: light armor, magicka furnace, etc.
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.. you mean potions have to be used now? Interesting..
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people rely too heavily on their Magicka Attacks and forget they have Light and Heavy attacks.

My Templar has NO issues with Magicka and doesn't use POTs of any kind I sell them for the gold.

No occasionally if I spam an ability till im out of Mana I have an issue but as long as I don't do that I don't have a problem.

I think too many people are used too MMO's that DONT have a resourse conservation mechanic like TESO does. Most all other MMO's I have played you can cast a spell over and over at nausea and still have mana.

TESO is more about being conservative and using the right abilities for the right situation just because you CAN spam your Magicka Attack over and over again doesn't mean you SHOULD.
  • GeeYouWhy
    GeeYouWhy
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least this is one thing us NB's have over DKs. Siphoning Strikes FTW!!!
    B)
    Konrandir, Vampire Sorcerer
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Mix and match armour sets help. Either a max magika which I feel is better as I'm at the softcap for my Magika regen.

Mundus effects as well.
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    Utherix wrote: »
    Now that Inhale and Ultimate generation has been nerfed, what tactics are DKs using to maintain Magicka? (for those who don't know, ultimates and inhale are the only DK abilities which give magicka).

Right now I'm using Siphon Spirit and spamming magicka pots.

mmm I may be wrong (since I'm still downloading...) but inhale nerf only hit the "initial healing drain target number" it should not hit the "damage target number"... and since the magika recovery is based on the damage dealt and not the healing recived the change should not affect the magika recovery of this ability... or am I missing something?

about ultimate generation... it was too much.... running with magma armor 24/7 as long as you had more than 1 opponent was too much... (and since I have yet to see numbers on this I hold my breath before saing that now you can't have your magma armor perma up as long as there at least a couple of enemy to hit...)... on the other hand the increase of single target ultimate genration may turn things much more easy during boss fight that don't have adds (actualy that is where DK had to be a little more allert since they couldn't hold magma armor up 24/7 and had to use some more skill to mitigate damage...)
  • B_Mo
    B_Mo
    Soul Shriven
    Resto Staff Offhand!!! But I'm a Firemage DK so it works.
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    So welcome normality
    Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
  • Amulrei
    Amulrei
    I like how DKs are shocked that mana is indeed not supposed to be an infinite resource.

P.S Thanks for exploiting the hell out of that and getting Impulse ruined for all of us.
    Edited by Amulrei on 23 May 2014 12:21
  • thorspark
    thorspark
    ✭✭✭
    mmm I may be wrong (since I'm still downloading...) but inhale nerf only hit the "initial healing drain target number" it should not hit the "damage target number"... and since the magika recovery is based on the damage dealt and not the healing recived the change should not affect the magika recovery of this ability... or am I missing something?

You're not missing very much except for one thing. I suppose DKs are used to pulling 6 or more mobs at once and then spam inhale. And 20% of dmg returned as magicka on 6+ mobs is at least twice the amount they get for 3 mobs.
    Now that inhale only drains life for 3 mobs, pulling 6 or more becomes dangerous as they can't sustain this amount of incoming damage without using dragon's blood (which costs magicka as well).

DK Vet 12 / NB Vampire Vet 7 / Sorcerer Vet 5 / Templar WW - Guilde Les pochtrons
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amulrei wrote: »
    I like how DKs are shocked that mana is indeed not supposed to be an infinite resource.

Yeah only Sorcs are allowed infinite magicka!
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nijjion wrote: »

By doing what.... Dark COnversion? LOL yeah good luck using that while fighting.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sarcasm??
  • Amulrei
    Amulrei
    smd_929 wrote: »

Sarcasm??

...Or sheer ignorance. Take your pick.