Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Bow dps

Waffles1991
Waffles1991
Soul Shriven
So I'm a vr12 Nightblade dps and I find that I can't do as much dps as other classes even after the nerf on dks. I have made my character stam built and like to use the bow even if it totally sucks in pve right now. I have a hard time getting into trial runs because no one wants to run trail's with a Nightblade dps that uses a bow. It isn't that hard for me to solo as a Nightblade with the cloak and magnum-shot on the bow. In raids my Nightblade is total trash and nothing is being done about it. I'v made the mistake of sticking with a rouge like build in the hopes that it would be fixed. My Nightblade uses medium armor x5Hundings rage and when I swap over to duel-wield I have 3xNight mother plus x5Hunding rage. all my armor is purple vr12 and the bow I use is The White bow of Alinor which is still a vr10. I would really like some ideas on how to play in trail runs as a stam built nightblade that uses a bow. I don't know why as a rouge assassin dps sucks? I have tried many skills mixed with my bow skills, but I just can't keep up with other classes. I must be really doing something wrong. I find that in pvp my Nightblade is a lot of fun since people spend a lot of time looking around for me when I use dark cloak. I also have a lot of stuns that I can use on people in pvp which helps my nightblade to mess people up. I think the problem with my Nightblade is he isn't a burst dps he can just hide a lot which makes soloing easy. I could really use some ideas because I am about to give up on my Nightblade and just quit.
Edited by Waffles1991 on 3 June 2014 04:56
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well if you sneak with high crit, shoot them in the back your first shot WILL crit and do a ton of dmg. Sadly bow does lack dmg in long fights, but they have DoT like poison arrow and if the monster is distracted snipe is a good distance skill. The point of bow is to remain out of range where most other weapons need to be in close. Staff excluded unless your going by skill then bow does have the longest range in the game due to snipe.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina builds are linked to weapon damage which is soft capped very low. Currently stamina based builds will never get anywhere near the dps of a magic based build. Light armor builds are far greater then medium or heavy armor builds.

So until they balance them and make stamina\medium armor builds do more dps, you will never match the dps of a magic\light armor build.
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty much what he said.. very sad that stamina and medium armour etc is just so gimped... welcome to mage craft get spamming that impulse like all the cool kids =d
  • Waffles1991
    Waffles1991
    Soul Shriven
    I actually found in dungeons if you let the group pull and stay behind you can still get the sneak bonus. if it wasn't for the sneak bonus I wouldn't even be pulling that high of dps on bosses.
    Edited by Waffles1991 on 22 May 2014 04:13