The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Character Selection Screen. ZOS, I beg you.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This is a feature we do still intend to do, but there are many other things taking priority so we don't yet have an exact update when this will be implemented.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is a feature we do still intend to do, but there are many other things taking priority so we don't yet have an exact update when this will be implemented.

Thank you very much for your insight! Do you mind sharing some of those other prioritary things? Tease us Gina!!!!
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I hope removing crown crates is one of them so I can go back and indirectly purchase items that I want instead of gambling ;)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/306178/so-all-of-the-good-items-that-i-want-to-buy-is-in-the-crown-crates
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307634/so-how-much-longer-do-i-need-to-wait

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the simple design is log in/out order

Last player logged out of appears at the top

Well, that would be a mess for fast loggers, chars would always be in a different spot on the list.

A comprehensive order management tool with a simple drop system would do the trick. Just let people order them by classes, races, alliance, crafting dailies order, importance... it's a very small life quality improvement that looks so easy that it would certainly make things easy for us.

Hmm O k.....For me choosing who I log in/out makes the best sense as it's based on who I use most often

Speed has nothing to do with it
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on 12 December 2016 15:22
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If your OCD is this bad, please seek medical attention.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Thank you very much for your insight! Do you mind sharing some of those other prioritary things? Tease us Gina!!!!

It's mostly things that accompany upcoming updates or bug fixes. In the short term, there's a lot of supporting UI work for Homestead. For example, the housing editor is a huge piece of new UI!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

It's mostly things that accompany upcoming updates or bug fixes. In the short term, there's a lot of supporting UI work for Homestead. For example, the housing editor is a huge piece of new UI!

You can't really expect me to be satisfied with that!!! We are craving some more insight! Urgent ESO Live need!!!

Thanks again for stopping by Gina!

• Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    .....why though?

What's so incredibly important about character order in the log in screen?

i-have-cdo.jpg

lol
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    Dear ZOS, please, please, please allow us to change characters order in character selection menu.
    I'm not asking about special filters (alphabetic, alliance, class, time played, whatever). No.
    Just, please, apply simple mechanics for manual order change. Drag-n-drop, right click, BDO-like one, anything you like.
    I desperately need this.

This is a nice idea.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't switch characters often but I suppose if I did then it would be convenient to have them in a particular order rather than in the order they were created.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't understand the importance of this but whatever.

Zos has some real problems to address, I would rather see them fix the game.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »

How is this interfering in the rest of the game?
    People asume ZOS is Brian Wheeler, Gina Bruno, Eric Wrobel and Matt Friror hanging out with one single pc and being like: "guys, stop trying to fix Cyrodiil, they are asking in the forums for a character selection UI change, remove all the other issues from the list". Geez.

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

People asume ZOS is Brian Wheeler, Gina Bruno, Eric Wrobel and Matt Friror hanging out with one single pc and being like: "guys, stop trying to fix Cyrodiil, they are asking in the forums for a character selection UI change, remove all the other issues from the list". Geez.

I didn't say that. Some people cannot log on to the game half the time; they are kicked back to character select and when they do finally log on they disconnect or get bumped back to the character select screen when changing zones. The ETA on the logging/DC'ing is February and the problem started Months ago. Little changes to the game seems to break something or reverts a "fix" somewhere in the code. I'm skeptical. The mention of character select triggered me, sorry.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Stargazer126
    Stargazer126
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    .....why though?

What's so incredibly important about character order in the log in screen?

It's not incredibly important. Personally, I just want my main to be at the top of the list. And I think a lot of people feel the same way, or similar at least.
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I didn't say that. Some people cannot log on to the game half the time; they are kicked back to character select and when they do finally log on they disconnect or get bumped back to the character select screen when changing zones. The ETA on the logging/DC'ing is February and the problem started Months ago. Little changes to the game seems to break something or reverts a "fix" somewhere in the code. I'm skeptical. The mention of character select triggered me, sorry.

All good ❤️

• Vostorn
    Vostorn
    ✭✭✭✭

I remember something like that said two years ago. Does that mean we still have to wait a few years ? :disappointed:

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm... Bump! Soon it will be almost another year! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Any news on that feature? <3
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • TheAshenWrath
    TheAshenWrath
    Soul Shriven
    Also bumping. Would love to see this feature implemented.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let the topic die. We don't need the Worm Cult on the forums too
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    aaaaaaand... controller support in the character section screen.. just while we are being all OCD
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only would I like this so I can arrange my characters from CP to low level alts - but we also need a fix on PS4 for the character selection screen...

Currently if you open the PS menu while in the selection screen, you will most of the time crash the game with an error. I've replicated it several times to be sure it wasn't a one off thing.

Even being aware of the bug I pull it off all the time because somebody messages me while loading up the game, and silly me - I go to check the message and boom! crash.
    Edited by lagrue on 10 October 2017 08:35
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"