The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ERROR 102 - DownloadError_InvalidMetafile

onexsora
onexsora
Trying to download the newest patch but it fails every time saying unable to load metafile, have tried to repair twice and it does not work.

Not sure how to fix this or if i just wait for them to push out a fix, unsure.
  • Scunnered101
    Same issue here, just started tonight after a flawless early access and launch.
  • Defenestration
    I also have this issue. I have restarted the patcher and run repair. Still nothing.
  • Strontium-Dog
    Strontium-Dog
    ✭✭
    Same on two computers on two separate accounts.

AGAIN!!!
  • Strontium-Dog
    Strontium-Dog
    ✭✭
    I managed to get it sorted here by rebooting my router. Seems that a change of IP address did the trick ( UK IP addresses are generally dynamic and change each reboot)
  • OutlawShadow
    OutlawShadow
    Soul Shriven
    This has happened to me a few times as well. Restarting the router always works. On a side note, while I have this error code, the main Elder Scrolls Online page does not display correctly.
  • Defenestration
    Glad to know that restarting my router might solve the problem should I have it again. Today I solved it with re-installing the game.
  • phatmax53
    phatmax53
    After recent patch, I had same problems, several times I tried repairing with no avail, also had main page display problems. Uninstalled game and launcher, Reinstalled game launcher, restarted router, now is reinstalling game(which wouldn't do before I restarted router) and is a waiting game till tomorrow when hopefully all is well and I can continue playing.
  • stevar
    stevar
    ✭✭✭
    same here, a change of IP solved it.