The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

How can I beat Maebroogha the Void Lich in the arena Vateshran Hollows?

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »
    How can I beat Maebroogha the Void Lich in the arena Vateshran Hollows? Someone I always end up out of stamina in this Void Eruption mixed with AOE effects of defeated mini bosses. I've beaten her down 2x to 10%.

After a while my eyes just tear because of all those flashing colors on the screen.

Thank you!

The Ring of the Pale Order helped me. And using the Cycle Preferred Target command. Not an easy fight by no means, and was impossible for my tank. I had to create a whole new character build for it that focused on offense.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    So I have to switch my build from bow/dw to 2h and run a magicka skill (summon shade) on my stamblade to do this?

Don’t you think that is a bit excessive? Because the regular stamblade build won’t work?

Does no one else see a problem here?

You don't, it's just dramatically easier.

Here's a vid that might help. It looks to me like he's not using shade, or a 2H, and doesn't have echoing vigor either. But it's honestly hard to tell because I'm using a phone and have bad eyesight. The player in this vid also doesn't have optimized dps.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xWvJGGA4XVw

He is using shade... The damage morph. No skipping there, straight up doing mechanics.
    Edited by zvavi on 10 May 2021 11:18
  • redsaaryn
    redsaaryn
    ✭✭
    I used my khajiit build. It isn't about dps but time, you need to attack her and wait for the queue then when you use the portal quickly go for the specially named enemy so she doesn't have time to regenerate. If you don't have the damage to kill the specially named enemy in the portal then you need to have the equipment to survive until the portal gimmick have been done 10 times. After that she won't be able to regenerate and you will be able to kill her. For that i would suggest using restoration staff, or if you are a khajiit then the special secret build khajiits have that gives them a philosopher's stone
  • Jack-0
    Jack-0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we talking the normal or vet version of this arena? There’s no way I could complete it on vet with my dk tank equipped in stam dps gear but I cleared it on normal mode like this, using non-optimal gear (stormfist/leviathan/imperfect relequen if I remember right). With tank cp...

And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with changing some skills around to get you past a particular fight, for example in vma on a mag char I much prefer to equip crushing shock for the ice round, but I don’t run it for the rest of the different rounds, I’m just picking skills appropriate to the specific challenge. Adapt or die, and all that.

If you’re struggling for dps on the ghost ring, either take the shadow morph that lets you teleport to your shade or else you need to try and increase your damage output, those are your basic options.
  • supersonic_kitten
    supersonic_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    <...> I can’t recall how many times I used vigor, but the amount of damage directed towards me while trying to keep up a rotation and avoid standing in damage was too great.
    <...>
    How many of you think this arena was easy and ran it on a stamina toon?

As someone who was a self proclaimed hopelessly bad DD who's done this arena when it first came out to learn how to properly dps, I will agree - it is not easy if you don't have the level of skill that will allow you to feel it is easy. This arena was my nightmare. I spent a week trying for hours and hours to kill the last boss, and the first time I cleared it, I firmly believe it was due to me being lucky and very, very stubborn. I was learning and I made a lot of mistakes that are clear to me now but felt like the only way back then. But what pushed me was the desire to learn. Because I was looking at all those players around me pulling high dps numbers (while I could barely step over the 20k mark) and surviving in veteran arenas with no deaths (while I was hopelessly stuck on the 5th arena in vMA), and I thought to myself - it can't be that I'm hopeless, if they can do it, so can I.

So I guess it all comes down to motivation. If you feel like coming back to this arena over and over again is a chore you're tired of - then yes maybe take a break. If you have no problem dpsing down the boss - then you should work on your positioning and situational awareness. Simple things, like in the video I linked - the collosi bully you? Kite around, not back, like I did half a year ago, so you can keep them in your AOEs and they die faster. Clear them before she summons them (but be careful not to trigger them if you see the shade fence spawning). Clear all the adds. Take it slow and easy. On the stage after the last portal, concentrate on killing the adds and ignore the boss - she'll pretty much get caught in the AOEs and die anyway (since she always ports to you), but if there are a lot of adds you'll have a lot of incoming damage that you are struggling with and that will eventually kill you. And of course, focus and interrupt the flameshapers as soon as possible.

I was curious how it feels to clear this arena on a stamina character (since all my clears are on magDDs), so I ran through it on my DW/Bow stamblade that I don't play too often (I am bad at melee positioning). I cleared all the arenas no problem, but got stuck for a bit on the last boss, but be assured - all 11 deaths I had there were due to my mistakes that are painfully obvious and being too impatient :D If you don't mind watching me fumbling with controls, maybe you'll find something that can help you.

I know how disheartening it is when you can't clear something for a long time and how unfair it feels. But I believe you can do it. :)
    Edited by supersonic_kitten on 10 May 2021 15:12
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I have to switch my build from bow/dw to 2h and run a magicka skill (summon shade) on my stamblade to do this?

Don’t you think that is a bit excessive? Because the regular stamblade build won’t work?

You don't HAVE to do anything. It's possible to beat it without using the things I listed above. However, you say you're struggling and so I wanted to provide you with changes you can make to make it way easier, if you choose.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Here's a vid that might help. It looks to me like he's not using shade, or a 2H, and doesn't have echoing vigor either. But it's honestly hard to tell because I'm using a phone and have bad eyesight. The player in this vid also doesn't have optimized dps.

He is using shade... The damage morph. No skipping there, straight up doing mechanics.

Ah. Thanks for the info. Good to know.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hal wrote: »
    I've noticed that the game cannot actually Focus on the Focused monster - specifically bothersome in that place due to the exploding fence guys.

I've watched, as attacks meant to be aimed forward at the glowing white target directly in front of my face, decide to hit the big bone dude three feet away to my left FOR SOME REASON.

Anyways, suffice is to say; plan to use mostly AOE damage in Vateshran Hollows. Try using an ulti as often as possible in there. It's worked for me... And if something works for me, that's usually saying something... (Pair with health back upon damage, and then you don't have to run around the whole place as much.)
    Just a suggestion, feel free to disregard it. Good luck!

Yeah targeting in ESO is pretty bad and becomes exponentially worse the more targets in closer proximity that one has to deal with. Seems with a game where combat is based on accuracy, hitboxes (aka bounding boxes) were a bad decision to go with for targeting detection. In ESO, they are also typically a lot larger than what they player can actually see visually. Triangle centroid segments or pairwise collision detection seems wiser and more fitting for accuracy, or at the very least proper ray casting.

Inaccurate targeting with current ESO Bounding Boxes:
    1eJZa9s.png
    Edited by scorpius2k1 on 10 May 2021 19:38
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone please take a look at my character and let me know if I should change some skills / armor / stats, etc...?

https://eso-database.com/en/character/fetito/17438028/

Thank you!
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps I am looking at the wrong thing, but through that link and then the link on your builds page, I am seeing TBS+VO with Maelstrom dw+bow. Is this what you mean?

The first thing I notice is this build has NO heals or shields. It looks like an old build for group content perhaps. Again, I might be looking at the wrong thing... no coffee yet...
    PC NA
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    Perhaps I am looking at the wrong thing, but through that link and then the link on your builds page, I am seeing TBS+VO with Maelstrom dw+bow. Is this what you mean?

The first thing I notice is this build has NO heals or shields. It looks like an old build for group content perhaps. Again, I might be looking at the wrong thing... no coffee yet...

It has a heal skill named "Resolving Vigor IV".

I use the gear setup 2 from the following website:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-2h-build-pve/
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, this looks like about the same dps as I have except he is using Stormfist and I have Velidreth.

It’s hard for me to see which skills he is using when, but it is helpful to see he focuses more on the adds and only goes for the main boss when they are gone. Also, I was following Alcast and I think he said red portal second and the flamecasters were too much where here the red portal is last.

It looks so much easier just watching the video, but maybe there is enough here to help me out. Thanks for sharing this video!
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ... run a magicka skill (summon shade) on my stamblade to do this?

TBH, using a magicka skill for utility on a stam build is nothing strange. Okay, I mostly use my stamblade for PvP, but both the Shade and Invisibility are two of the most useful utility skills available there. I mean, what else are you going to do with your 13+k magicka? ;D
    Magicka characters use their stamina for useful actions: blocking, dodging, etc. Stamina characters can use their magicka for utility skills. Both obviously don't do it for the damage.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭

It has a heal skill named "Resolving Vigor IV".

I use the gear setup 2 from the following website:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-2h-build-pve/

I'm not as experienced with DKs but as a stam user that all looks solid to me. If survivability is an issue with only Vigor, I'd swap out Stone Giant for Brawler and situationally use that or Reverse Slice as a spammable depending how many adds are around (for Brawler's shield) and if any are under 50% health (for Reverse Slice).

If you still have issues with survivability, I'd swap Hundings for Briarheart as you'll have no trouble keeping up its heals while stacking crit with Leviathan.

Let us know how it goes :)

PC NA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, this looks like about the same dps as I have except he is using Stormfist and I have Velidreth.

It’s hard for me to see which skills he is using when, but it is helpful to see he focuses more on the adds and only goes for the main boss when they are gone. Also, I was following Alcast and I think he said red portal second and the flamecasters were too much where here the red portal is last.

It looks so much easier just watching the video, but maybe there is enough here to help me out. Thanks for sharing this video!

You're welcome. I tried to find one that was close to what you're describing as I find the alcast videos sometimes aren't helpful for those of us not pulling his level of dps, since he may not realize just how much of the mechanical messing about he's skipping with his burn.

I think it can be helpful sometimes to just google the smaller YouTube videos out there of people doing things in less optimized gear whenever I get stuck. Often you can even find someone on the same class as you. :smile:
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 12 May 2021 06:19
  • ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    As stamina DD:

1) Is better you use the Vicious Serpent set;
    2) For last boss the use of the Pale Order ring can help a lot (this for any class/role);
    3) If you can slot as spam skill "Shrouded Daggers"; (for the templar stamina is not a good option).

I understood you play as Stamina NB:
    Vicious Serpent + Kinras/Aegis Caller + Pale Order ring

You have to give priority to the adds first and try in the same time to do aoe dmg to the boss.
    As stamina fire/void mage can cause you a lot of dmg, slot the skill Venom Arrow coz Shrouded Daggers interrupt in close distance.
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    ThePlayer wrote: »
    As stamina DD:

2) For last boss the use of the Pale Order ring can help a lot (this for any class/role);
    3) If you can slot as spam skill "Shrouded Daggers"; (for the templar stamina is not a good option).

You have to give priority to the adds first and try in the same time to do aoe dmg to the boss.
    As stamina fire/void mage can cause you a lot of dmg, slot the skill Venom Arrow coz Shrouded Daggers interrupt in close distance.

Where do I obtain the Pale Order ring?
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stamina DD:

Where do I obtain the Pale Order ring?

You get it from collecting 5 antiquities:

Bangkorai - Aurmine Ancestral Signet - Chests
    Alik'r Desert - Direnni Elegy Loop - Coldrock Diggings Delve Boss
    Wrothgar - Onix Accent Stones - All World Bosses
    Glenumbra - Order-Etched Gallery Rail - Bad Man's Hallow Trash Monsters
    The Reach - Pale Order's Golden Band - Nighthollow Keep (Blackreach: Arkthzand Cavern, east side.) Follow the way, down the stairs on the right, read the "Ancient Text" paper on the table. (Long Respawn Time) (click to see image)

I think they nerfed Vateshran since I did it on Vet, but this ring used to be almost necessary to beat it. I mean it was possible, but it was very difficult without it. I also would be skeptical of those saying you do not need a good offense for this content. That was not my experience, at all. The whole thing was pretty much a DPS race, meaning that if your character did not meet a certain damage threshold there was no way you were going to beat it. This was not a fight you could slowly wear down through attrition by managing a good defense. If you try that, you'll just get overwhelmed and then killed. You have my word on that.

Also: make sure you collect the hidden buffs from the earlier arenas before you attempt the lich. If you didn't get them, it's worth it to start over.
    Edited by Jeremy on 12 May 2021 20:19
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As stamina DD:

Yeah, thanks but I do not have those sets. I am just running NMG and Hundings with Velidreth.

I know it’s not great, but my point was that Maelstrom was a cakewalk for me and this arena is like 20 times harder than that.

I’m just trying to get through this on normal for the achievement.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA