The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New Class/race : why not a Daedra ?

KinnikuBeam
KinnikuBeam
✭✭✭
Hello
I think such a class will be extremely fun to play and powerful, plus it will really give you a lot of choice in skill creation ect ....

I think I have a good idea too: when creating the character we could choose which prince deadra we appear or want to pledge allegiance to, this will modify certain attacks or the animation of the ultimate for example.

Me who am RP Orc, I imagine an ultimate with Malacath who gives us Volendrung, or who comes to make a big attack ect ...

The creative potential of this class is really amazing I think
Edited by ZOS_Exile on 23 November 2022 19:18
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While that sounds cool on theory, we don't really need another class. Plus as vestiges we're already daedra.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daedra would be cool as race but I think its not really a class.
    There are daedra of all several as PVE enemies, for example a sorcerer deadra that casts negates.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since last patch I have so much lags, that I think ZOS want in first place introduce Falmers...
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before a new class i want that shadow staff a lot of npcs have
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they should consider is Dremora for a new race:

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dremora

Missing from our race options right now is one with passive health and magicka. I think dremora would be perfect for that. Maybe some kind of kiss curse as there unique final bonus:
    Increase offensive penetration by 2974, reduce healing received by 5%.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • KinnikuBeam
    KinnikuBeam
    ✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    While that sounds cool on theory, we don't really need another class. Plus as vestiges we're already daedra.

You sure, at the end of main quest, our soul come back in our body (because Meridia) no ?
  • Jeffrey530
    Jeffrey530
    ✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »

You sure, at the end of main quest, our soul come back in our body (because Meridia) no ?

from my memory we have our soul back but our body (corpse) is still nowhere to be found, since when we woke up in cold harbour we are just blobs of azure plasm or something along those lines
  • KinnikuBeam
    KinnikuBeam
    ✭✭✭
    yes i think you wright.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They wouldn't be able to make it powerful as it would have to balance with all the other classes.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • LettuceBrain
    LettuceBrain
    ✭✭✭
    Wait so it is a class that worships daedra and their attacks change depending on which daedric prince they worship? That sounds amazing imo but I don't think a new class is coming. I wonder what a Hermaeus Mora worshipper/class would look like...
    they/them/theirs
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - You are a character who seems to have no soul
    - You get resurrected easily
    - You are told at various points in the game you have no soul even when you supposedly got it back
    - You are a toy of daedric powers

Seems to me the whole assumption game players are already anything but a deluded daedra is questionable.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because a Daedra is not a class....if anything they would be a playable race......smh....
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When not a Daedra? Pretty much 24/7
  • KinnikuBeam
    KinnikuBeam
    ✭✭✭
    Wait so it is a class that worships daedra and their attacks change depending on which daedric prince they worship? That sounds amazing imo but I don't think a new class is coming. I wonder what a Hermaeus Mora worshipper/class would look like...

he will have a third eye like tenshinhan and tentacles instead of hair?
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think a Daedric race or class is the right approach.

But, I do like the idea of a skill line based on worship of a specific Daedric Prince/Aedra.

For example, if you choose to worship Julianos, you'll get some themed Magicka skills and passives. If you choose to worship Zenithar, you get crafting passives. Maybe worshipping Hermaeus Mora has a passive that makes lorebooks you're missing easier to find.

It'd add some personal flavour to your character, and be lore-friendly.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be interesting if there was a skill line with powers derived from oblivion. Their power theme might be things like clanfear's pounce, a martial melee attack, a magic ranged attack, and some random minor debuffs.
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeaaah, daedra=no no
  • Ceejengine
    Ceejengine
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of a devotion, whether to a Daedric prince or Aedra.

Instead of a full class, I'd love to see them as mutually exclusive skill lines. Like you said, worshipping Malacath at skill lvl 10 would grant an ultimate that replaces your weapon with Volendrung. Dawnbreaker ult from fighters guild would need a rework.

To gain the skill line you must travel to the daedric shrine and commit yourself to them, likely doing a short quest. The skill lines level to 10 and grant x passive bonus upon gaining them (Namira allows you to cannibalize corpses to heal + gain ult, Mehrunes has a 10% chance to cause your crit to deal 5x damage, Clavicus gives you a 15% increase to vendor sales & the ability to swindle some NPCs out of valuable gear, etc).

To level a skill line would require you to do relevant things to level them up.

Malacath would be something along the lines of winning duels, killing elite enemies, and honoring orcish clan shrines daily that give 1-5 exp. His ult would be Volendrung, which replaces your weapon for 15s and grants you x bonus to light / heavy attacks.

Sanguine would be defeating enemies in bar brawls, drinking alcohol, and tempting NPCs to commit evil acts. His ult grants the Sanguine Rose that replaces your weapon for 15 sec, which summons a random daedra that mimics your magical attacks & does 1 random thing based on what is summoned.
    -Clannfear does an AoE knockdown.
    - Orgrim channels a rapid heal for you & it.
    - Daedroth unleashes an AoE gout of flame
    - Xivlai empowers you with lightning, increase speed by x and spell damage by x.
    - If used at 500 ult, has a chance to summon Sanguine himself, who empowers you & mimics your abilities to double your damage for the duration.

Namira would be cannibalizing corpses, killing enemies while in shadows, etc. Her ult grants you the Hand of Namira for 15 seconds. The Hand instantly shrouds the area in oppressive darkness, fearing all enemies within x meters and increasing the ability cost of all enemies in the shadow by x. The dark also saps the life force of everything around you, dealing x damage ever 1 sec.
    Edited by Ceejengine on 12 May 2021 20:22
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello
    I think such a class will be extremely fun to play and powerful, plus it will really give you a lot of choice in skill creation ect ....

I think I have a good idea too: when creating the character we could choose which prince deadra we appear or want to pledge allegiance to, this will modify certain attacks or the animation of the ultimate for example.

Me who am RP Orc, I imagine an ultimate with Malacath who gives us Volendrung, or who comes to make a big attack ect ...

Only if all of the consequences are in effect.

Character is a daedra. No merchant would do business, every guard in town would attack on sight, no quest-giver outside the Telvanni would talk to you, npcs would run away, military types outside of town would attack on sight.....you know, since Molag Bal is using daedra to invade and conquer Nirn.

Before you bring up Lyranth, no one trusts her, no one but the Vestige will talk to her because she's a daedra. Vanus trusts the vampire matron before he considers Lyranth.
    Edited by JKorr on 30 April 2021 17:12
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Hello

Character is a daedra. No merchant would do business, every guard in town would attack on sight, no quest-giver outside the Telvanni would talk to you, npcs would run away, military types outside of town would attack on sight.....you know, since Molag Bal is using daedra to invade and conquer Nirn.

Before you bring up Lyranth, no one trusts her, no one but the Vestige will talk to her because she's a daedra. Vanus trusts the vampire matron before he considers Lyranth.

Invaild argument, we have vampires,sorcs with summoned daedric pets,lore in this game is so broken anyways. Dragon break this and that.
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Hello

Invaild argument, we have vampires,sorcs with summoned daedric pets,lore in this game is so broken anyways. Dragon break this and that.

Vamps are masters of deception and seduction. A Sorc's summoned Daedra are bound to them and under their control.

A straight up playable Dremora is not the same thing.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Hello

You mean like Vanus flat out tells you he uses magic to hide the fact he's a vampire and people tend to try to kill him on sight? Sorcerers summon daedra that exist as long as the spell is active, or they take enough damage to kill them. In Auridon you find a town where everyone has been turned to stone. Turns out a mage has been summoning and experimenting on daedra. If you follow the law he's executed for dealing with daedra.
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than skill lines I'd like daedric shrines where you get a perk for worshipping that daedra but a little malus too.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New Classes I would like to see:
    • Battlemage
    • Bard/Minstrel
    • Beserker/Barbarian
    • Witch/Witchdoctor
    • Alchemist/Enginer/Dwemer related
    • Daedric/Oblivion Walker/Hunter
    • Tempest/Storm/Waterbringer
    • Monk/Brawler....adding that one on. *edit
    Edited by Chaos2088 on 5 May 2021 18:47
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • KinnikuBeam
    KinnikuBeam
    ✭✭✭
    Ceejengine wrote: »
    I like the idea of a devotion, whether to a Daedric prince or Aedra.

8nstead of a full class, I'd love to see them as mutually exclusive skill lines. Like you said, worshipping Malacath at skill lvl 10 would grant an ultimate that replaces your weapon with Vonedrung. Dawnbreaker ult from fighters guild would need a rework.

To gain the skill line you must travel to the daedric shrine and commit yourself to them,, likely doing a short quest. The skill lines level to 10 and grant x passive bonus upon gaining them (Namira allows you to cannibalize corpses to heal + gain ult, Mehrunes has a 10% chance to cause your crit to deal 5x damage, Clavicus gives you a 15% increase to vendor sales & the ability to swindle some NPCs out of valuable gear, etc).

To level a skill line would require you to do relevant things to level them up.

Malacath would be something along the lines of winning duels, killing elite enemies, and honoring orcish clan shrines daily that give 1-5 exp. His ult would be Volendrung, which replaces your weapon for 15s and grants you x bonus to light / heavy attacks.

Sanguine would be defeating enemies in bar brawls, drinking alcohol, and tempting NPCs to commit evil acts. His ult grants the Sanguine Rose that replaces your weapon for 15 sec, which summons a random daedra that mimics your magical attacks & does 1 random thing based on what is summoned.
    -Clannfear does an AoE knockdown.
    - Orgrim channels a rapid heal for you & it.
    - Daedroth unleashes an AoE gout of flame
    - Xivlai empowers you with lightning, increase speed by x and spell damage by x.
    - If used at 500 ult, has a chance to summon Sanguine himself, who empowers you & mimics your abilities to double your damage for the duration.

Namira would be cannibalizing corpses, killing enemies while in shadows, etc. Her ult grants you the Hand of Namira for 15 seconds. The Hand instantly shrouds the area in oppressive darkness, fearing all enemies within x meters and increasing the ability cost of all enemies in the shadow by x. The dark also saps the life force of everything around you, dealing x damage ever 1 sec.

I love this idea about Malacath
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedric or Falmer race would make zero sense. How would you interact with the rest of the known world. Lore wise you'd be ran out of town or killed on sight by guards.
  • Benzux
    Benzux
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think something in my brain broke when I was reading this thread.

For a Daedric "class", we already have the Sorcerer. Skill lines themed around devoting yourself to a Daedric Prince/Divine would be cool, but it wouldn't really fit in ESO, given that there are so many quests and questlines where these same Daedric Princes take the role of an antagonist. This kind of stuff is what your imagination and roleplaying is for.

As for a Daedric race... Just no. There are a million reasons as to why that will never be a thing, so I'll just say the most obvious one: Daedra are literally immortal beings of evil from outside the mortal world. Having one run around Tamriel questing and saving the world repeatedly while no-one bats an eyelid doesn't really make much sense.
    BenzuxGamer - Xbox One since day 1 - CP 1500+
    Guildmaster of the Sacrificial Warriors, one of the oldest and most member-orientated Guilds on the Xbox One EU Megaserver
    "Casual" player from Finland who enjoys questing and dumb builds even after well over 1000 CP levels and 4000+ hours. A fan of Argonians, Goats and Elk. Also a massive Otaku (MAL Profile).
    "Following the meta makes you a sheep. That's why I'm a goat: I go in the opposite direction and make use of the things the sheep cannot." - Me, 2019
    Characters:
    Ben-Zu - Argonian MagDK DPS - EP (Main)
    Benzuth Telvanni - Dunmer MagSorc DPS - EP
    Haknir Head-Crusher - Nord DK Tank/Stam DPS - EP
    Delves-Deepest-Depths - Argonian StamBlade DPS - EP
    Raises-The-Dead - Argonian Mag Necromancer DPS7Healer - EP (Previously a Sorc healer, RIP)
    Bthuzdir Ynzavretz - Dwemer StamSorc DPS - AD (Dunmer in-game)
    Fafnir the Dragon - Nord Stam DK DPS - EP
    Bloodmage Thalnos - Breton MagBlade DPS - DC
    Finnis Wolfheart - Bosmer Stam Warden DPS - EP
    Gwyneth - Nord Warden Tank - EP
    Kud-Wazei Xeroicas - Argonian Mag Templar DPS/Tank - EP
    Barkskin Ben-Zhu - Argonian Warden Healer - EP (Alternate version of main)
    Xal-Vakka Xeroicas - Argonian DK Healer - EP
    Jaree-Shei the Wamasu - Argonian Sorcerer Tank - EP
    Gwennen Ereloth - Snow Elf Mag Warden DPS - EP (Dunmer in-game)
    Friedrich der Grosse - Imperial Nightblade Tank - EP
    Warfarin - Altmer Nightblade Healer - EP
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard enough trying to not look like a monster with the limited slider options, I don't need another class (that'll lead to more unbalancing) that looks like a chewed brown gum
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • KinnikuBeam
    KinnikuBeam
    ✭✭✭
    No imbalance with a daedra, less with the new companion system, which will certainly bring imbalance, no the creative potential of a daedra is out of the ordinary!
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    New Classes I would like to see:
    • Battlemage
    • Bard/Minstrel
    • Beserker/Barbarian
    • Witch/Witchdoctor
    • Alchemist/Enginer/Dwemer related
    • Daedric/Oblivion Walker/Hunter