Maintenance for the week of September 2:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 4, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 4, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – September 4, 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blood Scion is horribly ugly

Glacku808
Glacku808
✭✭✭
I really am praying that its just early and they are still working on the model, cause if what they have is it - that is the biggest disappointment. Please please fix it if the current shadow thing that you have is it, because fans wanted to look like their skyrim fleshy bat like vamps. I can understand there might be some suggestion that "well this isnt Harkons bloodline", but thats no excuse for it to be ugly.
Thoughts?
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugly? I thought it looked monstrously good. In fact, its looks is about all it has going for it. Way to
    lazy out and give Vampires basically a Bone Goliath ultimate.

lol typical.
    Edited by ScardyFox on 30 March 2020 12:21
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by mague on 30 March 2020 12:17
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDXATjYJXhg
    The only thing I am glad is that vamps did not got copy-paste cloak... oh wait... :disappointed:
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 30 March 2020 12:21
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glacku808 wrote: »
    Thoughts?

Nothing you said made sense.

Skyrim's vampire lords ain't pretty.

Molag Bal ain't pretty.

ESO's stage 4 vampire skin ain't pretty.

There was never any reason to expect the new Lamae Bal transform to be anything but monstrous.
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just saying, if you look at the video of them announcing it, they point specifically to the statue and say thats what we are getting.

One of the morphs for the Ult doesn't even give you bat wings

I wanted the same Vamp Lord, maybe a little altered from the official wallpaper.

But if not, I mean, at least the abilities are nice + the X Feed animation.
    But honestly, I'm still hoping to get my Van-Helsingesc Vamp Lord :)
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Thoughts?

Nothing you said made sense.

Skyrim's vampire lords ain't pretty.

Molag Bal ain't pretty.

ESO's stage 4 vampire skin ain't pretty.

There was never any reason to expect the new Lamae Bal transform to be anything but monstrous.

Who said anything about pretty? I am just saying, its basically a daedra model with shadow wings - its ugly, it barely looks monstrous
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who said anything about pretty?

You did.

The opposite of ugly is pretty, and here in these forums and in other IPs we're all familiar with a common desire / expectation that vampires should be pretty.
    I am just saying, its basically a daedra model with shadow wings - its ugly, it barely looks monstrous

"Monstrous" and "ugly" are typically synonymous, hence the common expression "monstrously ugly".
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, the footage is pre pts. That can always be changed upon release to PTS, even appearance like they did with the Necro ult from a dragon to a flesh atronach

Also as much as we want fleshy vampire from Skyrim, to be fair, the vamps in ESO are of a different bloodline with different powers and looks.
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭
    I am merely saying that I was hoping to be able to have my own vampire turn into a vampire lord as mentioned by the devs, one that looks like the one they have been promoting on both statue and media + in game forms. If our characters are from Mother Lamae, the first OG vampire, we should at least be able to look like it. I was hoping to stalk around wintery skyrim in my ult form, sort of like WW, feed if I can to prolong - not lasting for ever. :):):) I just really really love the Vamp Lord lore in TES games <3
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this video the commentator says the existing model is a "work in progress". About 2 minutes in.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6680305/#Comment_6680305
    Edited by Nerouyn on 30 March 2020 13:07