Crown Sale (PS4, Xbox, and PC) 08/02-08/09

Pandorii
Pandorii
✭✭✭✭✭
Since I have not seen any advertisement from ZOS about the current on-going crown sale, I thought I would make a thread about it on the forums for the community. The biggest bundle (5,500) of crowns is 40 percent off. The smallest bundle (1,500) is 25 percent off. The sale ends on August 9th, which is well before the DLC release, so some people might not be checking. With the high prices on crown items, I think this is a good time to stock up!
Edited by Pandorii on 3 August 2016 08:08
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Nice, gonna get some crowns then :trollface: Need tons of EXP scrolls for my NA account!
    Edited by Alcast on 3 August 2016 06:45
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sale is as well on PC with the same conditions afaik. I intend to get me 50k crowns, those might last a bit longer than a couple of days, hopefully :smiley: well, they will, there is not much I could buy which I do not have already on the crown store.

Hm, actually, with 1000 crowns for about 4 Euro I might even consider appearance change now.
    Edited by Lysette on 3 August 2016 06:51
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    This sale is as well on PC with the same conditions afaik. I intend to get me 50k crowns, those might last a bit longer than a couple of days, hopefully :smiley: well, they will, there is not much I could buy which I do not have already on the crown store.

Hm, actually, with 1000 crowns for about 4 Euro I might even consider appearance change now.

You're gonna spend $250 on Crowns ?
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

200 Euros - I pay with paysafecard and that has 100 Euro as highest value - so I have to buy 8x 5500er and 2x 3000er packs - which leaves me with not much rest on the cards - this is the least loss I can have with this payment type. And then 1000 crowns are 4 Euro for me. I have subbed for a year in advance and so there is not much incoming during that time. And seen from my billing history, I have spent in average about 15k crowns per month - so this will not last that long, well maybe a bit longer, because there is not really something on the crown store to buy currently.

I bought 11k crowns last saturday - and today is wednesday and just 3k left - it melts away quickly.
    Edited by Lysette on 3 August 2016 07:05
    Options
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've changed the title to reflect the sale is on PC too. Thanks so much for pointing that out @Lysette.

Can anyone on XBone confirm/deny whether the sale is there too?
    Options
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭

I know I just did. Don't feel like its totes worth it but I bought it anyways cause I enjoy the game. The crown store is still meh but you never know when you might need $250 dollars worth of crowns.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

200 Euros - I pay with paysafecard and that has 100 Euro as highest value - so I have to buy 8x 5500er and 2x 3000er packs - which leaves me with not much rest on the cards - this is the least loss I can have with this payment type. And then 1000 crowns are 4 Euro for me. I have subbed for a year in advance and so there is not much incoming during that time.

They should send you a Crown in real life as thanks .
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    so discont will be till 9 august?
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

200 Euros - I pay with paysafecard and that has 100 Euro as highest value - so I have to buy 8x 5500er and 2x 3000er packs - which leaves me with not much rest on the cards - this is the least loss I can have with this payment type. And then 1000 crowns are 4 Euro for me. I have subbed for a year in advance and so there is not much incoming during that time.

They should send you a Crown in real life as thanks .

Nah I am just average, I have seen a lot of forum posts, where people said they are going to get 55k and it was already confirmed by their spouses to do so - this is not unusual.
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought crowns last week :/
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know I just did. Don't feel like its totes worth it but I bought it anyways cause I enjoy the game. The crown store is still meh but you never know when you might need $250 dollars worth of crowns.

I haggle over the price of potato chips at the gas station . It has lead to many sales on kettle Corn Lays sea salt brand and free refills on Icys on Tuesdays . This is how I afford Dragster parts and racing engines . I couldn't imagine buying more currency then could be currently used but I'm sure ZOS is very happy . If it brings you happiness then great !
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

me too - last saturday.
    Options
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    It should have already began right? Using some confusing way to show dates there...
    However 5500 crowns is still €20.99EUR.
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

me too - last saturday.

To be fair, I am one of those people who says "oh I really like that costume/pet/mount" then doesn't buy it until it's being taken off the store, so it's my own fault. I think I will stock up on crowns whilst they are on sale though so I'm getting stuff cheaper for a while.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haggle over the price of potato chips at the gas station . It has lead to many sales on kettle Corn Lays sea salt brand and free refills on Icys on Tuesdays . This is how I afford Dragster parts and racing engines . I couldn't imagine buying more currency then could be currently used but I'm sure ZOS is very happy . If it brings you happiness then great !

It makes their high-pricing more tolerable and lets them appear less greedy, which makes me happy again. I feel really bad, when they show greedy tendencies, because I blame myself then to support this. It is better like this.

But you see, you have a quite expensive hobby as well with dragster racing.
    Edited by Lysette on 3 August 2016 07:16
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It makes their high-pricing more tolerable and lets them appear less greedy, which makes me happy again. I feel really bad, when they show greedy tendencies, because I blame myself then to support this. It is better like this.

I agree it's best to buy when cheapest !
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how do I find it, any link?
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to account management and choose "store" - and look at the offers. On PC EU accounts it is down from 34.99€ to 20.99€ for the 5500er pack for example.
    Edited by Lysette on 3 August 2016 07:21
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so on pc na, what is the normal price for 5500 crowns?
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so on pc na, what is the normal price for 5500 crowns?

Or look at what the game itself costs - that is as well much cheaper than normal - there you can see that it is a sale. On PC EU it is 20€ for the standard edition and 30€ for the imperial edition.
    Edited by Lysette on 3 August 2016 07:25
    Options
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    so discont will be till 9 august?

That's what it says on the description of the sale item on the PS store. So, yes. =D
    Options
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    16h6eeg.png
    Options
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭

Go to account management and choose "store" - and look at the offers. On PC EU accounts it is down from 34.99€ to 20.99€ for the 5500er pack for example.
    It's normally 35€? Last time I bought 5500 crowns it also costed 21€.

Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itoq wrote: »
    16h6eeg.png

nah not that store - that is the bethesda store, afaik - start the launcher, and choose account there - and from the account page you choose "store" then.
    Options
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    16h6eeg.png

Not funny given there's 0 indication there's a sale running unless you already knew what everything cost beforehand.

For example: This is what I can assume AUD Crowns normally cost, currently the Store page says 5500 are $24 AUD... so I can assume that the sale is active then?

Would it really have been so hard to put a %off icon up when a sale's on?

Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lolssi wrote: »

It's normally 35€? Last time I bought 5500 crowns it also costed 21€.

Yes, normal price is 34.99€ - I paid that last saturday. On PC that is.
    Edited by Lysette on 3 August 2016 07:32
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    16h6eeg.png

Not funny given there's 0 indication there's a sale running unless you already knew what everything cost beforehand.

For example: This is what I can assume AUD Crowns normally cost, currently the Store page says 5500 are $24 AUD... so I can assume that the sale is active then?

Would it really have been so hard to put a %off icon up when a sale's on?

Haha, that is ZOS, if they are generous they have to be still greedy and be silent about the sale. :smile:
    Options
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Launching this and that and clicking stuffs sounds complicated. I just click the link circled in my first post and get the ESO store.

It does seem odd that the store does not indicate that there is currently a discount. Does this mean that this is now permanent discount or just an oopsy like a patch today that wasn't announced until several hours later?

20jpmwk.png
    Edited by Itoq on 3 August 2016 07:39
    Options
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds complicated. I just click the link circled and get the ESO store.

20jpmwk.png

.... but your circled link is for a Wiki Page about the Store, not the store itself...
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds complicated. I just click the link circled and get the ESO store.

20jpmwk.png

.... but your circled link is for a Wiki Page about the Store, not the store itself...

He meant how to find out what it normally cost.
    Options