Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Tamriel United

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
UPDATE! One Tamriel is coming! ZOS realized the need for open-world access to all zones of all factions and they are responding!
With One Tamriel, we are opening up the entire playable world to everyone, no matter their level. This is a pretty big deal. One Tamriel makes the game much more grouping and social-friendly, as the player base will no longer be divided into thirds and also won't be divided by player level. The reasons we are doing this are simple: we want to make it easier for ESO players to group together, and to promote the sense of freedom to explore that Elder Scrolls games are known for. In other words, we're bringing the same auto-leveling system (called “battle leveling") that has been so successful in our DLCs to the entire game.

Here are the basics:
•Characters will have their level scaled the same way that we currently scale players to the level of DLC zones (Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood).
•You will be able to explore the entire world in any sequence you wish - just walk across the world and you will always find appropriately leveled content.
•You will be able to play and group with anyone in the game at any time (outside of PvP). No longer will you have to create a lower level character to play with a friend who has just joined the game. You will be able to group and adventure together from the moment your friend emerges from the tutorial.
•We are dropping all PvE Alliance restrictions. You will be free to explore of all Tamriel, including other Alliances. It is up to you how you want to role-play your character while doing this. “Silver" and “gold" versions of zones will be replaced by Cadwell quest storylines that you can do in any order you wish.
•Alliance restrictions will still be enforced in all PvP areas, of course. One Tamriel will not affect the PvP systems in Cyrodiil.
•In general, higher level players will be the same “level" as lower level players, but they will have far more tools in their arsenal: better gear, more abilities, and of course more Champion points.
•We will adjust gear rewards to scale appropriately to make sure that there is always a way to get more powerful via crafting, questing, PvP, and dungeon/trial boss loot drops.
•All Trials and Dungeons will continue with standard and Veteran difficulty modes, and you will have to be Veteran level to play veteran dungeon modes.
•The Coldharbour zone will be “roped off" from players who have not yet completed the quests that lead there. However, if you are invited to a group that is already there, or travel to a friend who is there, you can immediately access the zone.
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

Original thread below:

Moving forward, I truly believe the best thing ZOS can do for The Elder Scrolls Online is to find a way to combine all the faction players into one instance. Remove the concept of Silver and Gold and allow players from all factions and all levels to play together across Tamriel.

ZOS should keep all the zones the same level as they are in the home faction and provide players with a downscaling function that will give them appropriate XP for their level. This would be so a player who downscales their power to a lower level will still gain XP at the same rate they would if they were fighting mobs at their current level.

That is the high level concept of what I believe would be the single greatest boon to the future of ESO.

For those who are worried about adding more players to the existing world, which seems to be the primary concern... Overpopulation won't be an issue because of the way ESO phases players.

While I don't know exactly how the system works, my assumption is that there are population caps on each zone. When a zone's population gets to a certain percentage of that cap, a new phase is created.

This would simply mean there would be more phases, not necessarily more people.

Now, let’s get down to the nitty-giddy how this could be accomplished. :lol:

Below are the details of how ZOS could possibly go about achieving this Tamriel United playing environment. While there are many other grander changes that I could suggest, the following concepts try to adhere to what ZOS currently has in place.

Overarching Main Narrative:
To encourage players to experience the narrative of each of the factions, ZOS should stretch the main questline of ESO to cover all zones in all factions. To accomplish this, ZOS could detach the Main questlines from being unlocked by the player's level and have the determining factor be zone completion.

Since there are 5 zones to each faction and 10 quests within the Main questline (not including the first quest to escape Coldharbor) ZOS could have the Main quests flag at the same points of each of the Faction quest lines. Main quests would flag at the beginning of the 2nd zone, the end of the 3rd zone, and the beginning of the 5th zone of each faction. The last questline would only activate after the last quest of the 3rd faction has been completed.

Since the main level quests already scale to the player it wouldn't be that big of a change to detach the access from the player's level. This way, the main narrative stretches across all the zones and isn't completed until the last quest off the last zone is completed.

Also, the player should be able to travel to any Harborage in any faction to continue the Main questline.

Open Zone Access:
From the moment the player falls out of Coldharbour, they should be allowed to travel to every zone across Tamriel. There same captain that will take the players to the starting Zones should also offer passage to the other Zones. There could be a throwaway line about having to switch ships along the way to explain why the same ships aren't in each stating zone. This means a player will have the option to play any faction's quest line in any order they wish.

The player would be seen as a wandering hero with no particular alliance to any of the factions. This will require some changes to the way Faction Loyalty works in ESO.

Alliance War Recruitment:
First and foremost, ZOS should remove Faction Choice during Character Creation. Every player should be randomly dropped in one of the three faction's starting zones. To facilitate this, the largest city in each zone should have a Alliance War recruiter. This recruiter will give players information on the Alliance War and will offer players passage to faction's base in Cyrodiil.

This recruiter will provide the player with motivation to join the fight and will spout motivational slogans. If the player speaks to the recruiter prior to level 10, the player will be told to come back when they've got a bit more experience under their belt. Once the player accepts recruitment for that faction, the player will fight for that faction from then forward.

If the player travels to a different faction's zone and joins up with a recruiter of a different faction, their alliance will change. In this way, a player's alliance will remain in flux for the duration of their 1-50 leveling. As the player levels, the recruiters should mention to the player the need to commit. Saying things like, "Don't you think it's about time to dedicate yourself to The Covenant?"

Players could be given incentives to join, such as faction tabards and "Commitment Bonuses" like 10% bonus XP while adventuring in their home faction. This would help players feel as if they are making an actual choice as it pertains to their faction.

This would also help with the narrative of your character giving a contextual reason why players help the leaders of each faction throughout the questlines. Being a free agent, they are open to help whomever they would like to help.

Players who have any race any alliance would be dropped randomly in any faction and can switch around factions at will... Players who DON'T are dropped in the faction of the race they choose and they can still go to the other factions but would be met with a snide and racist recruiter if they try to join another faction. ZOS could even have different slurs for the different races, like...
  • "It'll be a warm day in Coldharbor before I'll accept a flea ridden Khajiit under my command."
  • "The last thing I need is an Altmer trying to tell my commanders how to do their job."
  • "Aren't you a Bosmer? Are you just looking to snack on our dead?"
  • "I'm not going to reforge all my healms to make room for those teeth."
  • "I'd rather not have to worry about my neck being slit in the middle of a night. Take your scaly hide back to Black Marsh."

Slowing the roll
Since players will now be traveling through all three factions during the main quest ZOS should perform an XP gain drop across the board. Personally, I think the XP drop could be as much as 50%. Players would still reach level 50 prior to competing the main quest line, but it would no longer be 1/3 the way though the factions.

This would also allow players who wish to progress more quickly to take greater advantage of the 10% XP gain bonuses for Home Faction, Rings of Mara, ESO+, and XP Scrolls/Potions if they want to level more quickly.

PVE Battle Leveling
Since each Zone would be set up as they are now, and players would be leveling as a slightly different speed than they currently do, it would be beneficial for ZOS to institute Battle Leveling throughout Tamriel. This would perform two functions in PVE
  • Level the player DOWN to the Zone Level
  • Level the player UP to the Zone level

No matter the Level, the player should receive the XP appropriate to their level, even though their stats are leveled to the zone. In this way, two players who are different levels could travel and adventure together within a zone, but each player receive the appropriate XP for their level.

If a player decides to turn battle leveling off they will then perform at their actual level and will receive the appropriate XP, if they receive any at all.

Battle Leveling should be auto-toggled to ON.

With these few changes, players would be allowed to travel to any zone at any time and partake in quests and adventure with other players, regardless of their level or affiliation. This would open Tamriel up in a way never before seen. The denizens of Tamriel would experience a freedom of play that just simply isn't currently possible.

No matter how they achieve the end goals, ZOS needs to find a way to unite players of all factions so players are not locked away from other one another and allow a freedom of play across Tamriel no matter the player's level.

#TamrielUnited
Edited by Gidorick on 13 June 2016 19:01
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesnt need to do anything of the sort.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any popular area already gets overloaded at times. Having all factions together could only add to the issue.

Zos already implemented a great solution allowing cross faction grouping for instances.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not @Korah_Eaglecry ? You prefer the current way players are segregated, the way zones are only viable for progression for a short period of time, and the way you go into "alternate timeliness" to play the other factions?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Why not @Korah_Eaglecry ? You prefer the current way players are segregated, the way zones are only viable for progression for a short period of time, and the way you go into "alternate timeliness" to play the other factions?

If you want to player with people from another faction you can easily make a new character in that faction. But if there was the possibility of all factions sharing the same instance, your game will explode. No. I'm serious it will catch fire.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Fignutz821
    Fignutz821
    ✭✭✭
    just play the same faction as your friends... problem solved
    CR 561+
    LV 50 Nord Dk tank/stam DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 High Elf Sorc DPS (flawless)
    LV 50 Argonian Templar Helaer (yes its a lizard, SMH)
    LV 50 Breton NB magicka DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 Imperial Stamplar (Jabicus)
    LV 50 khajit Stamblade (Panthrro from the thunder cats)
    LV 50 Redguard stamsorc (stormproof/AD spy)
    LV 50 Dark Elf Magic DK (stormproof/ DC spy)

All characters are NA EP xbox1 (I bleed red)
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fignutz821 wrote: »
    just play the same faction as your friends... problem solved

What about the PVE Battle leveling @Fignutz821 ? Playing the same faction as your friends doesnt solve the over leveling we experience.

Why do I get the feeling you only read the first sentence? :wink:
    Edited by Gidorick on 6 June 2016 20:52
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm imagine Wayrest x3 in prime time.. That would be horrific for fps and latency wise. Though I always love this united system, but this game have a lot of players to do that without any latency and fps issues. I guess the technology is not there yet. I know some games using this "one big city for all" system but they mostly have much smaller player base and have lower graphics.
    Edited by Soris on 6 June 2016 20:56
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • Fignutz821
    Fignutz821
    ✭✭✭
    just make a character you only play with each other... no one wants to be downscaled hence why you get battle leveled up and not down even when doing normal non vet dungeons...
    CR 561+
    LV 50 Nord Dk tank/stam DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 High Elf Sorc DPS (flawless)
    LV 50 Argonian Templar Helaer (yes its a lizard, SMH)
    LV 50 Breton NB magicka DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 Imperial Stamplar (Jabicus)
    LV 50 khajit Stamblade (Panthrro from the thunder cats)
    LV 50 Redguard stamsorc (stormproof/AD spy)
    LV 50 Dark Elf Magic DK (stormproof/ DC spy)

All characters are NA EP xbox1 (I bleed red)
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Few things:

1. The Main Quest is leveled to your character's level. You can pick up the quest at level 5 and ignore it all the way to 50.

2. Being able to play in any faction as a base game feature is a great way to make those who bought the Any Race/Any Alliance edition/upgrade upset.

3. Stonefalls and sometimes Deshaan are bad enough when it comes to both population and inanity of zone chat. I'd rather not have that multiplied by 3...

The only thing I really see myself agreeing with here is mobs always awarding XP. But that's because I hate myself and want to collect the trophies. And ZOS hates me for being EP so my options for nix-hounds are either waiting for Vvardenfell or vDSA. Feh.

I like the faction splitting as it is, honestly. If anything, it'd be cool if faction-agnostic zones could be multi-alliance but I can only imagine what a mess that would be population-wise.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Giles.floydub17_ESO , @ArchMikem, @Soris , @rhapsodious overpopulation won't be an issue because of the way ESO phases players. I know there have been many times but I've wanted to play with someone, and I had to use the travel to player function because we weren't in the same phase.

While I don't know exactly how the system works, my assumption is that there are population caps on each zone. When a zone's population gets to a certain percentage of that cap, a new phase is created.

This would simply mean there would be more phases, not necessarily more people. I wouldn't think the number of phases would be directly impacting performance, but who knows with the Hero engine... I mean... with the proprietary engine ZOS uses that totally isn't based off of the Hero engine. :tongue:

Good looking out for the Integrity of the engine though! You guys sound beaten down by performance problems... I feel your pain. I am so very tired of Mid-town loading screens. :tired_face:
    Edited by Gidorick on 6 June 2016 21:29
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...They already did a huge favor by making cadwell's gold entire zone CP160.
    We get no more than that. And that is already more than enough. I imagine we are weeks away of some new player making a thread here about "How they're supposed to jump from cp50 to cp160 in one zone"
    ... Mai cave. >:3
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lenikus wrote: »
    We get no more than that. And that is already more than enough. I imagine we are weeks away of some new player making a thread here about "How they're supposed to jump from cp50 to cp160 in one zone"

What does that accomplish in relation to the suggestions in this thread @Lenikus ?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • XaXa
    XaXa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im picturing Mournhold with even more people at peak hours. Sounds terrible.

And the ability to change alliance on a whim?

...Wat.
    Options
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you been to Cyrodiil? If you want 0-1 FPS and 999+ ping, this would be a pretty good idea.
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will be united but at what cost? The cost of immersion
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Gidorick Something like this is in the works... I'm not sure about faction cross over but it appears all of Tarmriel will be scaling to max CP so in essence it creates an open world effect. It was hinted at in the year ahead article a couple months ago and /lurk aka @ZOS_RichLambert basically confirmed this at a conference a couple weeks ago when he said "We don't like down scaling..." In response to a player's question about opening all of Tamriel back up like the DLC's.
    Edited by nimander99 on 6 June 2016 23:32
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... do you know what conference @nimander99 ? I would love to read the context of that comment.

I don't really care for the idea of just scaling everything up. I personally feel making everything CP160 and just scale everyone up it would ruin the feeling of progression... killing mobs that appear to be a higher level is important to progression, even if it's a farce. :lol: But that if that means I can go BACK to old zones and get XP for those zones, I'd be for it!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • dtm_samuraib16_ESO
    dtm_samuraib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If i would actually be my character in Tamriel, and I came to meet this Molag Bal, I would have told him how to end the whole a LOT faster.
    The never ending idiocy of Tamriel is beyond belief.
    I actually feel sorry for having MB's butt kicked.
    Earthdawn Game Master Role Play Quotes by me:
    "If it looks like a bear, if it feels like a bear, smells and tastes like a bear, then be VERY aware, it could be something ENTIRELY different..."
    "Be careful what you wish for, you might get plenty of it..."
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Few things:

1. The Main Quest is leveled to your character's level. You can pick up the quest at level 5 and ignore it all the way to 50.

2. Being able to play in any faction as a base game feature is a great way to make those who bought the Any Race/Any Alliance edition/upgrade upset.

3. Stonefalls and sometimes Deshaan are bad enough when it comes to both population and inanity of zone chat. I'd rather not have that multiplied by 3...

The only thing I really see myself agreeing with here is mobs always awarding XP. But that's because I hate myself and want to collect the trophies. And ZOS hates me for being EP so my options for nix-hounds are either waiting for Vvardenfell or vDSA. Feh.

I like the faction splitting as it is, honestly. If anything, it'd be cool if faction-agnostic zones could be multi-alliance but I can only imagine what a mess that would be population-wise.

These are some really good points @rhapsodious , I'll answer them by the numbers!

1: I'm suggesting the levels not unlock at character levels, but at zone quest completion. This way the narrative stretches farther. They're already leveled, like you said, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to do so.

2: heheh... to be honest. I forgot about that. I've been able to do that since PC release so I forget that people can't do this. Now that you mention that I kind of TOTALLY want my concept! So here's how it would work:

Players who have any race any alliance would be dropped randomly in any faction and can switch around factions at will... Players who DON'T are dropped in the faction of the race they choose and they can still go to the other factions but would be met with a snide and racist recruiter if they try to join another faction. ZOS could even have different slurs for the different races, like...
    • "It'll be a warm day in Coldharbor before I'll accept a flea ridden Khajiit under my command."
    • "The last thing I need is an Altmer trying to tell my commanders how to do their job."
    • "I'd rather not have to worry about my neck being slit in the middle of a night. Take your scaly hide back to Black Marsh."

ooh... man that sounds so good.

3: As I said before... and updated the OP to say... For those who are worried about adding more players to the existing world, which seems to be the primary concern... Overpopulation won't be an issue because of the way ESO phases players.

thanks for the response! it gave me something to think about. :wink:
    Edited by Gidorick on 8 June 2016 02:00
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i would actually be my character in Tamriel, and I came to meet this Molag Bal, I would have told him how to end the whole a LOT faster.
    The never ending idiocy of Tamriel is beyond belief.
    I actually feel sorry for having MB's butt kicked.

It would have been AWESOME if we had the choice to defeat Molag Bal or to take the place of the King of Worms @dtm_samuraib16_ESO . Those are part of the "grander things" that we could suggest... that particular feature would pretty much involve rewriting the story altogether.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does that accomplish in relation to the suggestions in this thread @Lenikus ?
    They already did all they would as far as zone-scaling.
    And I didn't add much to the thread there becase they said time and time again that getting different alliances together "is complicated" - They did it on the group delves, but grouping still bugs out a little and even so you can only interact and/or even see each other inside closed instances.

And because i wasn't gonna say anything, but now i think i should;
    They SELL explorer packs, why would they allow you to choose whatever alliance ?
    ... Mai cave. >:3
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They already did all they would as far as zone-scaling.
    And I didn't add much to the thread there becase they said time and time again that getting different alliances together "is complicated" - They did it on the group delves, but grouping still bugs out a little and even so you can only interact and/or even see each other inside closed instances.

And because i wasn't gonna say anything, but now i think i should;
    They SELL explorer packs, why would they allow you to choose whatever alliance ?

Ahh... I don't really see gold being set to CP160 as any kind of scaling. It's the opposite of scaling. It's setting the zones to the highest possible level.... @nimander99 mentioned ZOS might do that for all zones.
    nimander99 wrote: »
    @Gidorick Something like this is in the works... I'm not sure about faction cross over but it appears all of Tarmriel will be scaling to max CP so in essence it creates an open world effect. It was hinted at in the year ahead article a couple months ago and /lurk aka @ZOS_RichLambert basically confirmed this at a conference a couple weeks ago when he said "We don't like down scaling..." In response to a player's question about opening all of Tamriel back up like the DLC's.

As for the cross play. I think it would actually make it easier for cross-alliance play if alliance is something that is swappable and if everyone played in the same "reality" they wouldn't have to try to have us move across realities or meet somewhere in the middle. It would just be grouping. No cross faction... because that wouldn't matter @Lenikus .

Also, I addressed the Explorer's Pack above with...

heheh... to be honest. I forgot about that. I've been able to do that since PC release so I forget that people can't do this. Now that you mention that I kind of TOTALLY want my concept! So here's how it would work:

ooh... man that sounds so good.

Edited by Gidorick on 8 June 2016 02:00
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm.... I am conflicted about this one! :stuck_out_tongue:
    If you take out Silver and Gold from 50+, you have significantly reduced your endgame solo PvE. I like the ideas, but I think it would be bad for anyone who paid for Any Race, Any Alliance. Keep the concept as it is for those players, but only allow the open travel for the other players once they have completed Messages Across Tamriel, as that can provide the narrative for going to help the other faction leaders.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    If you take out Silver and Gold from 50+, you have significantly reduced your endgame solo PvE. I like the ideas, but I think it would be bad for anyone who paid for Any Race, Any Alliance. Keep the concept as it is for those players, but only allow the open travel for the other players once they have completed Messages Across Tamriel, as that can provide the narrative for going to help the other faction leaders.

I think that would be a beautiful solution @Enodoc ! I love it! That would also mean the main narrative taking place across all three factions wouldn't work, since that quest is pretty much the second to last quest in the main story.

In my thinking, the solo end-game PvE would then become Craglorn (which should be retooled), and the DLC.

I personally feel Imperial City should become part of the "Tamriel Unlimited" Package. Such a central part of the world's narrative (both figuratively and literally) and it's blocked off as DLC. It doesn't seem right.
    Edited by Gidorick on 9 June 2016 01:22
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG, no! That is the last thing Zenimax can even consider... >.>

Do you understand that having the factions separated as they are now reduces stress on the PvE servers? I believe one of the huge reasons PvP has so much lag is that it is the only server where players of all factions are balled up together dashing out all their AoEs, if the same was done for everywhere in ESO the game would be stupidly unplayable. >.<
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »

Do you understand that having the factions separated as they are now reduces stress on the PvE servers? I believe one of the huge reasons PvP has so much lag is that it is the only server where players of all factions are balled up together dashing out all their AoEs, if the same was done for everywhere in ESO the game would be stupidly unplayable. >.<

I explained this in the OP @Grao ...

For those who are worried about adding more players to the existing world, which seems to be the primary concern... Overpopulation won't be an issue because of the way ESO phases players.

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You probably weren't around when the game was new to remember how problematic the whole phasing thing was... I don't think currently the game phases as it used to. but before you had to constantly teleport to friends so you'd be in the same instance... It was horrible.

I agree it would be better if Silver and Gold worked differently and I was rather disappointed when I got to Silver and no one from other factions were there, but... It is a little too late now, changing this structure would be maybe even more complicated than getting rid of the veteran ranks and look how long Zenimax took to get that done... There are more pressing matters for them to work on before this becomes a priority...
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You probably weren't around when the game was new to remember how problematic the whole phasing thing was... I don't think currently the game phases as it used to. but before you had to constantly teleport to friends so you'd be in the same instance... It was horrible.

I agree it would be better if Silver and Gold worked differently and I was rather disappointed when I got to Silver and no one from other factions were there, but... It is a little too late now, changing this structure would be maybe even more complicated than getting rid of the veteran ranks and look how long Zenimax took to get that done... There are more pressing matters for them to work on before this becomes a priority...

@Grao ... I've been here since Beta.

The phasing was an issue because it didn't take your friends into account, now it does. I'm not suggesting that change. I'm just suggesting that all players be combined in the same zone, but in different phases. I don't think there would be any more problems with phasing than there are now.

There will always be other priorities... there will always be more pressing matters. That doesn't mean we can't continue to let ZOS know the things we desire from the future of the game.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I think that would be a beautiful solution @Enodoc ! I love it! That would also mean the main narrative taking place across all three factions wouldn't work, since that quest is pretty much the second to last quest in the main story.
    Messages only comes second-to-last because of its prerequisites. It's unlocked when you complete the first faction story OR after completing Council of the Five Companions; despite being part of the "Main Story" it isn't actually related to any of the other Harborage main quests. If things were rearranged as you suggested, Messages would come after Chasing Shadows, but I don't think that would be a big issue.
    In my thinking, the solo end-game PvE would then become Craglorn (which should be retooled), and the DLC.
    Sure, I didn't think of that because, while it is endgame PvE, it currently isn't solo content.
    I personally feel Imperial City should become part of the "Tamriel Unlimited" Package. Such a central part of the world's narrative (both figuratively and literally) and it's blocked off as DLC. It doesn't seem right.
    I would agree with that. And since that was part of the reason I dropped my sub, I may consider picking it up again if they did that ;)

Regarding phasing, I'm sure the game still does that, as otherwise you'd have a load more players in each zone than you currently do. Maybe each shard can hold more players than it used to due to the server upgrade they did last year, meaning there are less individual shards in total.

To see why server load wouldn't be an issue, consider the following example:
    • There are 220 DC players in a particular instance of Glenumbra.
    • There are 100 DC players in another instance of Glenumbra.
    • There are 100 AD players in a third instance of Glenumbra.
    • There are 80 EP players in a fourth instance of Glenumbra.
    After Gidorick's proposed change, it would look like this:
    • 141 DC players, 44 AD players, and 35 EP players (total 220) in a particular instance of Glenumbra.
    • 64 DC players, 20 AD players, and 16 EP players (total 100) in another Glenumbra.
    • 64 DC players, 20 AD players, and 16 EP players (total 100) in a third Glenumbra.
    • 51 DC players, 16 AD players, and 13 EP players (total 80) in a fourth Glenumbra.
    This has exactly the same number of players and theoretically takes up exactly the same amount of server resources, but the distribution of the players is different. Alternatively, because there would not be a requirement for separate AD and EP instances, it could look like this:
    • 141 DC players, 44 AD players, and 35 EP players (total 220) in a particular instance of Glenumbra.
    • 115 DC players, 36 AD players, and 29 EP players (total 180) in another Glenumbra.
    • 64 DC players, 20 AD players, and 16 EP players (total 100) in a third Glenumbra.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well @Korah_Eaglecry , I'm glad they are doing something of this sort.

One Tamriel is pretty much the Open Zone Access and PVE Battle Leveling of this concept and players can, if they wish, stretch the narrative over the course of the three factions.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options