The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thank you for "The Sweetroll Killer" quest ZOS!

• Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My my, the Naryu ending to this quest is interesting...

c295c6d22e9050c65dbba9e78cf9f9cf.gif
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on 6 June 2016 23:28
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can't wait to meet up with her in a future DLC ;)
    Edited by FLuFFyxMuFFiN on 6 June 2016 23:38
    Options
  • DaGhostDS
    DaGhostDS
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta love the ending armor that Naryu is wearing.. wait it's her usual armor because ZoS forgot to give her Morag Tong outfit.

That was a bit lame...

Loved the quest though.
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, rats, this all sounds very exciting, but all my characters who have completed EP and AD are "good guys" who won't be doing DB. This quest absolutely needs you to do DB storyline, right?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished this quest, loved it as well. Well done ZOS.
    Well, rats, this all sounds very exciting, but all my characters who have completed EP and AD are "good guys" who won't be doing DB. This quest absolutely needs you to do DB storyline, right?

Maybe not. I had already done the DB storyline but the marker for this quest had not appeared. It only appeared after I had completed all the other quests in the Gold Coast, so maybe you only need those.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Just finished this quest, loved it as well. Well done ZOS.

Maybe not. I had already done the DB storyline but the marker for this quest had not appeared. It only appeared after I had completed all the other quests in the Gold Coast, so maybe you only need those.

Sweet! I'll give that a shot (if the long hours at work cool down enough, that is.)!
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetroll Killer unlocked for me after doing Debts of War and A Cordial Collaboration - you do not need other quests. My DB rank was 4 or 5 and I was barely halfway through DB questline when I did this quest :)

In PTS I assumed you need to complete everything, but it doesnt seem so..

Also:
    Razum'dar - "Razum'dar will never be able to look at the sweetroll the same way again. This makes Raz a very sad cat." <3
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved the quest. The best one yet by far, but there are a couple of things bothering me, one of them a big… . I am concerned about the complete lack of choice in the romance dialogues:
    This one did quest in persona of male khajiit.

Khajiit was made to feel very uncomfortable in Naryu branch of quest because Tong kissing was compulsory. This one did not wish to escape dialogue and leave quest unfinished. There was no dialogue option for this one to politely decline, or to threaten to scratch her face off, or to express complete lack of romantic interest in Dark Elves, especially those khajiit has seen kill mer in his own bed. This one wonders how Khajjit could kiss Naryu with mouth like this anyway. Also thinks that Orcs and Argonians in trouble too.

This one noticed earlier in quest that when shave-skin Reman offer to show Khajiit his big… there was no option but to decline. This one thinks there are some people who would like to pursue Reman’s offer. There was not even opportunity to discovered what Reman’s big… was, it was cut off in dialogue.

This one did not do Razum Dar branch of quest. Khajiit cringes with horror wondering if Raz would have hit on him.
    I wonder if Zeni are making some very crass assumptions about their player base.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to save as many npcs as possible. What were your choices?
    I told the elven baker not too change his routine: Died
    I told the merchant to stay in public places like the market : Alive
    I told the apperiantce of raz not to take a weapon: Alive

I also sided with naryu because i couldn't let that crazy *** roam free, sorry raz, if you told me to capture her i would have picked you.
    Options
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭

I also sided with naryu because i couldn't let that crazy *** roam free, sorry raz, if you told me to capture her i would have picked you.
    It's possible to save all three, but at first I thought somebody would always be captured! Yea, for the baker it's that other option, because he is fishing in a bit secluded place, so changing routine/staying close to other people felt a good choice. But even if all 3 are alive, Louna will threaten you that if you kill her, the other Fate Bearers will go after these targets. Which I found hard to care about, so ofc I killed her.

I tested siding with both Razumdar and Naryu on PTS, but picked Naryu live because I feel she will play a bigger role in Vvardenfell/related future DLC than Raz :P
    Edited by Tib on 11 June 2016 10:05
    ~Tibbie~
    Options
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's possible to save all three, but at first I thought somebody would always be captured! Yea, for the baker it's that other option, because he is fishing in a bit secluded place, so changing routine/staying close to other people felt a good choice. But even if all 3 are alive, Louna will threaten you that if you kill her, the other Fate Bearers will go after these targets. Which I found hard to care about, so ofc I killed her.

I tested siding with both Razumdar and Naryu on PTS, but picked Naryu live because I feel she will play a bigger role in Vvardenfell/related future DLC than Raz :P

....why is the baker fishing :|

I thought he would be inside his bakery, surrounded by costumers and other people who work there
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For this sweetroll killer quest, is there a way to get the quest without having to purchase the jubilee voucher that is on sale for ridiculous pricing? or somehow you mistakenly purchase it and then find out the voucher had been expired (yes, a little bit of whining here.) I wouldn't mind doing the quest, though. It seems like fun, but I'm not willing to drop 20 or 25k gold to purchase a voucher just yet.
    Options
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    For this sweetroll killer quest, is there a way to get the quest without having to purchase the jubilee voucher that is on sale for ridiculous pricing? or somehow you mistakenly purchase it and then find out the voucher had been expired (yes, a little bit of whining here.) I wouldn't mind doing the quest, though. It seems like fun, but I'm not willing to drop 20 or 25k gold to purchase a voucher just yet.

I can't see how the jubilee voucher is connected to this?
    ~Tibbie~
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »

I can't see how the jubilee voucher is connected to this?

Oh man.. nevermind. I was mistaken.. I got this mixed up with the those jubilee vouchers on sale via the guild stores for another chef side quest. How do you get into this quest, though? Is it part of DB?
    Edited by GreenhaloX on 11 June 2016 13:01
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweetroll Killer unlocked for me after doing Debts of War and A Cordial Collaboration - you do not need other quests.
    Yeah that seems to be the case. There may be some as-yet-unknown requirements before you can do A Cordial Collaboration though.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Crowzer
    Crowzer
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished it...
    OMG, Thank you ZOS.

My love is back <3
    Options
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe my female imperial got to kiss her (if I have not misread). Shame they did not got to bed, cause she said that "if I want more, come see me on Morrowind". Now, if Naryu is going to have a baby from mine how devs can explain two women having a baby (cause I played with a female toon)?
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    NOOOO!!!!!!! I pressed a button by accident , didn't get time to think of my choice and now I find out that I missed out on a kiss with Naryu! And I had no idea that to reverse quest decisions you need to abandon the quest before completing until right after where I fast travel and I get the hint on the loading screen!!! Grrrrhhhh.... I'm sending a customer service report but I doubt they will make the quest reduable for me T_T Please @ZOS_JessicaFolsom If this is unreversable don't make her mad at me in Vvardenfell! Naryu is my favourite character and I... Ahem...kinda have a crush on her >_>
    Someone, HELP ME!!

Edit: They replied and said they can't undo the quest T-T
    Edited by elven.were_wolf on 25 June 2016 22:14
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also agree... great quest.

got it at DB skill 8.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why the kiss wasn't a cut screen... or shown in anyway what so ever. She mentions a kiss then turns her back to me. I crouched and did /kiss, kissed her ass goodbye.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    My only problem with the quest was the villains. They are clearly completely out of their tiny minds. On my second time doing the quest, I saved all the victims, and then (spoilers for people that haven't played it yet)
    She says if you don't kill her, they'll leave the victims alone and their future might change by themselves. I immediately thought, "so you admit you're a bunch of crazed loonies that go around killing people because the voices in your head told you to do it, and it's all really meaningless". I mean they could at least do it for money, come on.

Also, I picked Raz on my second time hoping to get a kiss from him. Sadly, that didn't happen. :/
    Edited by Aemon_Isklexi on 27 June 2016 01:42
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
    Options
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems like i missed something? I completed the quest and chose Raz's alternative, talked to him after i left the cabin, but i didn't talk to Naryu in there. Did i miss the whole armor thing? :(

Found the quests and both ends on YouTube so i could see the Naryu end :)
    Edited by Vildebill on 29 June 2016 08:48
    EU PC
    Options
  • Kravinoth29
    Kravinoth29
    ✭✭
    In the middle of quest, when I saw him and her together in the same room, I had to stop, write /bug and thank ZOS for the Pleasant Surprise of bringing them back and in the same quest.

Now I just finished the quest and had to come here to do the same thing again: AWESOME QUEST!
    Truly a quest similar what we get in the single player games: rich story, fun to do it, with plot twists and great characters.

I think if ZOS keep creating quests like this, ESO will grow strong and with a larger community of loyal players.

Thanks again!
    Options
  • Kravinoth29
    Kravinoth29
    ✭✭
    Also, regarding Naryu's armor: it's identical to the armor of the Sweetroll Killer, except for the colors.

What if this isn't a bug, but another plot twist? Naryu said that her organization has great plans...
    Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will ALWAYS side with Naryu over Raz.
    Not just because she's a flirtatious Morag Tong operative that is totally kick ass in every way but because she's the better character, at least IMO.
    I never understood the fascination with Razum Dar. I was totally prepared to let him die in that quest in Reaper's March but seeing as he lived thru that anyways, robbing him of his little apprentice during this quest was the next best thing.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on 3 July 2016 03:23
    Argonian forever
    Options
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there is more DB quests?! Guess I betterh it rank 9, I finished at rank 8.
    Master Debater
    Options
  • Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's amusing to see how everyone easily subdues to Naryu's flirting. It is her nature, she can act like that to anyone, not just the Vestige - that being said, the chances of "us" being her actual romance interest are IMO just as big as just being a toy to her. She's called Raz a "Razum-Dear", we all might just be too vulnerable and opened to Naryu's sweet talk, taking it too personal. But that's just my guess which I intend to hold onto.

For that reason, I prefer Raz, any day.
    The very moment I chose to let Louna live, Naryu become really mad at me, hostile even, as if all that she's said to me and called me before didn't mean anything right now. Yeah, one would say she's gotten carried away but I just see it as one more reason not to take her seriously.
    Choosing to let the "Sweetroll Killer" might bring a disaster to the world (hopefully one that might not concern Vestige as much), or nothing will happen at all, I would these chances without hesitation.

But one thing around the quest's ending really concerns me.
    If you choose to spare the killer, you will get to read the following line from Yarmia: ,,As soon as I get a weapon, I might use it to skin that arrogant cat!" Now, she's said that in a very sincere, real and aggresive tone I am really inclined to believe her. The Fate-Bearer leader said that the Queen's Eye's apprentice (Yarmia) might also be dangerous in the future. I am simply worried that she would kill Raz, while the other killer's targets would in the end cause no harm, Yarmia would and that would also include Raz's possible death. Also I haven't mentioned it above, but yes, her dialogue line was clearly referring to Razum'dar as he made her pack her things in a rush after she almost died and she feels unappreciated.

I like Raz more than Naryu, if I wanted it all to be all only about me, I would've chosen to kill Louna, putting Naryu in danger, potentionally killing Yarmia which might also save Raz. At first I was hoping this decision would play a bigger role - now I am almost hoping for the different.

Edited by Runaan on 5 July 2016 06:12
    Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve played through this quest for a second time now. This time I chose the Raz ending, and I must say the outcome felt a lot better than the Naryu ending.
    The second time around Naryu’s dialogue felt even more inappropriate and uncomfortable than it did the first time. I feel that her character has been changed from earlier questlines. She is no longer like a mysterious and alluring James Bond love interest and more like the black widow out of Basic Instinct. She seems to have become a manipulative and narcissistic psychopath. Sick and dangerous, and not at all attractive. I wonder if that’s an indication of her role in future quests.

I must also apologise to Reman. In my earlier post about this quest I said he had a big… when in fact it is a huge…
    PC EU
    Options
  • Brettoel
    Brettoel
    ✭✭✭
    this quest..........SOOOO GOOD
    Options
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I love all DB quests, I was sad it ended, so thanks for tips.
    I will miss Lyra - it was really good character, I can really understand her.
    And thank you ZOS for Dark Brotherhood, I love everything about it. I like the Oblivion reminder and how it would looks like in a new engine.
    Edited by Mandragora on 12 August 2016 13:23
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options