Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

How do people get so much health?

MightyHarken
MightyHarken
✭✭✭
atm I'm vr9 and I just have 13,5k health on my templar nord. My attr's are 15 health 42 stamina. I found a guy the other day and he said he had 22k health, how is it even possible?

additional info: 5 pieces of heavy armor 2 pieces of medium armor

Still dont have the undaunted passive that increases hp
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people stack health.
    My current build has just over 10K hp, as a VR13.
    My previous build had 28K HP (Without the undaunted passives).

Depending on the race it could be even higher, or lower.
    Also depends a bit around your build and equipment.
    (I walk with 7/7 heavy armor atm. Planning to go to light armor, so ill be losing 7% health at least)

Skills like Structured Entropy (Mages guild) increases your base health percentage by a small amount, which could also work.
    I have been able to lift my HP over the 35K, using crafted food and such. I believe there are even people who managed to go over 40, or close to 50K hp (idk how they did that though).

I'm a Templar Argonian.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ~22k health on my VR5 stamina nightblade.
    All my base points are in health (53 at the moment) and i use all my gear enchants to boost stamina and stamina regen.

While that doesn't give you max weapon damage it does vastly increase your survivability and if you play smart can more than make up for the lost dmg ...
    :smile:
    Options
  • MightyHarken
    MightyHarken
    ✭✭✭
    I see I'm a main dps though would it be ok for me to stack more points in health? also i dont think that will help me a lot
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed most people state their health when they have food on. This can boost your health quite a bit. As well, PvP buffs can up your health.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My VR14 Bosmer Dragonknight in seven heavy armor had 28k health unbuffed and 31k buffed, I had all 62 attribute points into health and one of my armor sets gives me health. After I redid my attributes to put 20 in magicka and 42 in health I'm down to just under 24k health, with food buffs I can push it back around 28k. I don't have the Undaunted passive.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    atm I'm vr9 and I just have 13,5k health on my templar nord. My attr's are 15 health 42 stamina. I found a guy the other day and he said he had 22k health, how is it even possible?

additional info: 5 pieces of heavy armor 2 pieces of medium armor

Still dont have the undaunted passive that increases hp

Blue or purple V10 food &.PvP buffs.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see I'm a main dps though would it be ok for me to stack more points in health? also i dont think that will help me a lot

If you said Tank, then I would say yes. Since you say DPS, then no. You want all your points into whatever pool feeds your attacks. Its the healers job to keep you alive, its your job to stay out of red and block any incoming attacks.

Edited by Nestor on 10 July 2015 21:50
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Bastion
    Bastion
    Soul Shriven
    Mainly stacking health. I'm a VR4 Breton Sorcerer in 7/7 Light, and 50 A. Points in HP. Currently at 19K with all PvP buffs.
    Options
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    lol at VR6 i have 29k health with pvp buff and blue food..no undaunted passives
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do not forget CP points aswell
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Seaber
    Seaber
    ✭✭✭
    It's possible to get 120k hp as emp
    Options
  • MightyHarken
    MightyHarken
    ✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

What Cp gives health though? weird never saw it.
    Options
  • pWn3d_1337

Every red point you spend does.
    Edited by pWn3d_1337 on 11 July 2015 18:29
    Options
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pWn3d_1337 wrote: »

I'm looking at the red warrior points right now...I see none that directly increase health.

Hardy - reduces disease, poison and magic damage taken.

Elemental Defender - reduces flame, frost and shock damage taken.

Thick Skin - reduces damage over time effects.

Nourishing - increases healing potion effects.

Quick Recovery - increases the effectiveness of healing received.

I still see nothing that can increase health...point it out to me please.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at the red warrior points right now...I see none that directly increase health.

It is not a particular star. If you look at the tooltips under the various constellations, it will say stuff like, "Under the Warrior's Guidance, The Lady gives you health and protects you from negative effects". Your first CP put into any Warrior star gives 1% extra health. Each point after that gives you less and less and less, but it does add up after a while. I am at about 210 Champion Points (so about 70 in Warrior) and I think I am at about 10% bonus health.

Or just look at your character sheet before and after assigning a CP. You will see one of your max health/magicka/stamina go up by a tiny bit depending on what type of point you just assigned.

Note that these seem to only affect your base stats, not buffed. Like if you have 6% bonus health and stamina from being an Orc and 10% bonus health and stamina from Warrior and Thief points, your base health and stamina will go up by 16% but you will only get the 6% Orc bonus applied to things like food buffs.
    Options
  • Colosso-monstro
    Colosso-monstro
    ✭✭✭
    lol at VR6 i have 29k health with pvp buff and blue food..no undaunted passives

Why's that funny?
    Options
  • Colosso-monstro
    Colosso-monstro
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

It is not a particular star. If you look at the tooltips under the various constellations, it will say stuff like, "Under the Warrior's Guidance, The Lady gives you health and protects you from negative effects". Your first CP put into any Warrior star gives 1% extra health. Each point after that gives you less and less and less, but it does add up after a while. I am at about 210 Champion Points (so about 70 in Warrior) and I think I am at about 10% bonus health.

Or just look at your character sheet before and after assigning a CP. You will see one of your max health/magicka/stamina go up by a tiny bit depending on what type of point you just assigned.

Note that these seem to only affect your base stats, not buffed. Like if you have 6% bonus health and stamina from being an Orc and 10% bonus health and stamina from Warrior and Thief points, your base health and stamina will go up by 16% but you will only get the 6% Orc bonus applied to things like food buffs.

Didn't know that, thanks!
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not dying and you're not a burden on your healer, then your HP is fine, even at 13k. That said, most players new to vet dungeons are probably not going to do well with 13k. It's hard to say because players all have various other ways to mitigate damage either with shields or just skillful play. If you're brand new and still learning, I'd aim for 17k health then work on your damage stat. As you become a better defensive player or as you level through the vet ranks, you can respec or reenchant to push points away from health and into your damage stat.

It's not a black and white situation where you should always max your damage stat at the expense of your health and survivability. Perhaps the best min/max endgame players push themselves to their survivability limits but for less experienced players focus on not dying first, damage second.
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, what sort of health value are DPS players shooting for in PvP?

I keep hearing 20K (to prevent 1-shotting) but I'm not sure.
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go into Cyrodiil, free 5k health buff^^
    Just out of curiosity, what sort of health value are DPS players shooting for in PvP?

I keep hearing 20K (to prevent 1-shotting) but I'm not sure.

In pvp you need at least 20k health, templars and stamina builds probably need 22-25k.
    Sorcs can get away with 18k health if they keep up shields 100% of the time.

20k health wont prevent one- or two-shots though, I can post a screenshot of me doing 20k dps with curse/cfrags combo but this is with extremely high spell damage build. Some gankers also have 19-21k snipes. You need a quick reaction time above all, even 30k health wont keep you alive if you dont react quick enough.
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on 13 July 2015 07:57
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say much for PvP, but for PvE:

-> Race bonuses (Imperial)
    -> VR10 purple recipe food or even VR10 blue recipe food for even more health and a boost of your build dependant stat (stamina, magicka). Personally I prefer the violet stuff, even as a healer you need stamina for sprinting, roll doging and blocking (in PvP even more I guess).
    -> Cyrodiil gives an extra boost to health just for the sake of entering that zone
    -> Emperor buff (which is present and active even while not in Cyrodill)
    -> Passive Skills like in Dark Vigor (NB) or the godly Undaunted Mettle in the Undaunted Skill line
    -> skills which give passive bonuses when slotted like Structured Entropy (Mage Guild)
    -> First bonus of an Undaunted helm/shoulder set
    -> CPs put into the "red" trees

For almost all class/race and build options, one should be able to get to 20k health, while still having around 30k in his base stat (stamina/magicka) at VR14 while using the right buff food, by choosing the proper purple gear sets enchanted by purple glyphs and maybe up to 1/3 of your ability points put into health....at least for PvE. In PvP you might sacrifice some magicka/stamina enchantments on your gear for nirnhorned.

It might be possible to do PvE with less than 20k health, I saw some with just 18k, but you should know the meaning of "damage avoidance" and what "roll dodging" is and that a red circle is not an invitation to stay in place. Having 20k you are on the safe side concerning one hits even for an occasional not blocked boss attack in most veteran dungeons.
    Edited by Flameheart on 13 July 2015 14:42
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

Options
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

If you said Tank, then I would say yes. Since you say DPS, then no. You want all your points into whatever pool feeds your attacks. Its the healers job to keep you alive, its your job to stay out of red and block any incoming attacks.

Even blocked 13,5k health is too low. If you are a great player 16k health can be enough. I would encourage not so experienced players to aim for at least 18k for trials (20k for hardmodes).

With 13,5k health in a trial you will get your a** handed to yourself.
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
    Options
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DschiPeunt wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

Even blocked 13,5k health is too low. If you are a great player 16k health can be enough. I would encourage not so experienced players to aim for at least 18k for trials (20k for hardmodes).

With 13,5k health in a trial you will get your a** handed to yourself.

This.

and honestly, I truly doubt that every player with low health is a great player and a master in damage avoidance. My experience in random groups just tells me the opposite. Mostly they are people who enter a veteran instance the first time without even thinking about their role, their build and their gear and have no idea what buff food is.

Edited by Flameheart on 13 July 2015 14:24
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MightyHarken
    MightyHarken
    ✭✭✭
    I have 14k now without food buffs, is that good enough yet? I think I should get the engine guardian set, I'm a DPS but still, id like the extra tankiness
    Options
  • Colosso-monstro
    Colosso-monstro
    ✭✭✭
    I have 14k now without food buffs, is that good enough yet? I think I should get the engine guardian set, I'm a DPS but still, id like the extra tankiness

I honestly constantly see dps go down with lower than 18k health in vet dungeons and it's really frustrating.
    Options
  • Seaber
    Seaber
    ✭✭✭
    44f0862c5540e111c062c91e5f924138.png
    Options
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seaber wrote: »
    44f0862c5540e111c062c91e5f924138.png

Emperor on PTS with 3600 CP? Boriiiing.
    Options
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday I was grouping for a non-veteran dungeon. I'm a redguard nightblade with 330 cp and I reach 32,000 hp with food. We were really impressed by a dude entering as replacement. He was level 11, not vet, lol. His hp was 42,900. I couldn't explain this, he never died, and I did a few times. Anyone can explain this?? :o
    Edited by raffaeleg on 12 September 2016 07:28
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    raffaeleg wrote: »
    Yesterday I was grouping for a non-veteran dungeon. I'm a redguard nightblade with 330 cp and I reach 32,000 hp with food. We were really impressed by a dude entering as replacement. He was level 11, not vet, lol. His hp was 42,900. I couldn't explain this, he never died, and I did a few times. Anyone can explain this?? :o

Ignoring that fact that the last post on this thread was 2015, here's the answer. Since he was scaled up to CR160, his stats will be slightly higher than someone who is already at that level. The scaling buff is a bit of an odd thing but it's done so that low level players can do the content with higher level players. Expect to see it a lot when Update 12 comes in October.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options