The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Mournhold and east Deshaan offers no quests

Rainsorrow
Rainsorrow
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone. I have checked entire Deshaan zone multiple times, yet i can't find any more quests. Mournhold is still blacked out with "Find out what's happening in the city of Mournhold", Eidolon's Hollow (was only one quest there) and Shrine of Saint Veloth "Restore Saint Veloth and stop the Daedric incursion" (same, only one quest with killing watchers).
Also, the entire Selfora zone is without any quests whatsoever.
Anybody knows workaroud how to fix it or i am screwed forever?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you've missed some prerequisites somewhere. If Mournhold is still black, you haven't yet completed "The Mournhold Underground", and that's a prerequisite for most of the eastern Deshaan quests. Try looking for Naryu Virian at the House Dres Farmstead.
    You also need to have completed Obsidian Gorge in the west and turned that white.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Rainsorrow
    Rainsorrow
    Soul Shriven
    That's the problem - I did some quests in mournhould (I guess it was mournhold underground because I was in sewerage or somewhere there, even did some quests on Farmstead...I even got "Almalexia's Enchanted Lantern" trophy and curretly sitting on 51/55 quests completed in Deshaan zone
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rainsorrow wrote: »
    That's the problem - I did some quests in mournhould (I guess it was mournhold underground because I was in sewerage or somewhere there, even did some quests on Farmstead...I even got "Almalexia's Enchanted Lantern" trophy and curretly sitting on 51/55 quests completed in Deshaan zone

I don't know about Mournhold, I do remember being in your situation multiple times on different locations. Trust me, the quest is somewhere out there, just a pain to find sometimes.

There are more then 55 quests by the way. It's just the achievement goal.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere else to check is inside the Tribunal Temple; is that icon still black? Is there any text with that icon?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Rainsorrow
    Rainsorrow
    Soul Shriven
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Somewhere else to check is inside the Tribunal Temple; is that icon still black? Is there any text with that icon?

Black too, inside there is no quest, even Almalexia is not visible there
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Black too, inside there is no quest, even Almalexia is not visible there
    Hmm OK. In that case, have a very good look around that House Dres Farmhouse just outside Mournhold, because everything is pointing to the conclusion that you haven't done the Mournhold Underground quest there.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone. I have checked entire Deshaan zone multiple times, yet i can't find any more quests. Mournhold is still blacked out with "Find out what's happening in the city of Mournhold", Eidolon's Hollow (was only one quest there) and Shrine of Saint Veloth "Restore Saint Veloth and stop the Daedric incursion" (same, only one quest with killing watchers).
    If there was only one quest in both of those locations then you haven't completed the prerequisite quests that are supposed to send you there.

If you have received Almalexia's Enchanted Lantern, then you've definitely got to the point just before the Mournhold Underground quest, and since you say you remember going around the farmhouses and going into the sewers, it sounds like you at least started that quest. I suspect that somehow you didn't complete the quest, though, because after you've done that you're supposed to talk to an Ordinator in Mournhold who will give you your quest reward (which should complete the Mournhold objective), and send you back to Almalexia for the next quest, which will lead to you completing the Tribunal Temple objective, and then send you off to Selfora, after which you'll go to the Shrine of Saint Veloth and be able to do the main quest there (you've already done the side quest), and then to Eidolon's Hollow to do the last quests in the Deshaan main questline.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Rainsorrow
    Rainsorrow
    Soul Shriven
    well...you were right ^^; another quest inside Sathram House...sadly, it showed new quest when i was inside the house, not pointed out when I was near it, phew :) i guess there should be more visible range of showing new quests...
    anyway, case closed, i hope so :)

edit - bizzare, i get mournhold underground quest, even that i knew i did it before

edit2 - now i have white icon of mournhold, finally
    Edited by Rainsorrow on 10 April 2015 06:09
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit - bizzare, i get mournhold underground quest, even that i knew i did it before
    Probably something bugged and the quest didn't complete properly the first time around. From your description of what you had and hadn't done, I suspected that either you had simply missed handing the quest in somehow (although then it should have still showed in your journal), or that it didn't complete properly and got dropped.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)