The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why not introduce diving under water in ESO?

• Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    sagitter wrote: »
    I think we will see it in a future dlc. Matt Firor knows well about underwater content , it was added in Daoc about 2-3 Years after its release, with Trial o Atlantis, underwater dungeons ,bosses and contents.

I hope so :/
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we will see it in a future dlc. Matt Firor knows well about underwater content , it was added in Daoc about 2-3 Years after its release, with Trial o Atlantis, underwater dungeons ,bosses and contents.

Was it like an underwater zone or did it open underwater everywhere?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

You could go underwater everywhere if it the water was deep enought, also in pvp, but for the dedicated underwater quests , bosses, group contents and new fun things , you had to own the Trial of Atlantis expansion, wich included some new map zones, and the one full dedicated to underwater enviroment was "Oceanus" , you can see it in this map, in the central zone:

toa_world_map.jpg
  • Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an avid TES fan, I definitely miss the underwater aspect of the game. Especially the underwater exploring and treasure hunting! It would integrate so nicely w/the treasure maps. Argonians would really feel like that racial perk mattered too. It would open the door to new quest lines, such as pirate quests (maybe from Capt Kaleen?!), or to catch pirates if that was your thing. So much fun could be had! Hope to see it someday :)
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    Daenerys wrote: »
    As an avid TES fan, I definitely miss the underwater aspect of the game. Especially the underwater exploring and treasure hunting! It would integrate so nicely w/the treasure maps. Argonians would really feel like that racial perk mattered too. It would open the door to new quest lines, such as pirate quests (maybe from Capt Kaleen?!), or to catch pirates if that was your thing. So much fun could be had! Hope to see it someday :)

I agree Daenerys Targaryen, True Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Khaleesi of Great Grass Sea, Stormborn and Mother of Dragons

Just couldn't resist :D
    Edited by Xinz'r on 4 April 2015 22:58
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Endurance
    Endurance
    ✭✭✭
    There are hundreds maybe thousands of posts on this. Most people want it. It's just too much work or some such crap.

actually its not alot of work at all.. alot of their maps have underwater scenery already it just doesnt allow diving at all
    I'm outta here
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    Endurance wrote: »
    actually its not alot of work at all.. alot of their maps have underwater scenery already it just doesnt allow diving at all

I agree with this. Someone said that they would have to redesign all rivers, lakes, the whole sea and everything to make it deeper. I think it's not true. I think it's already deep enough, they should just make diving available.

We don't plan to go 50m underwater (although some actually do :D ). Just dive a little
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Powtreeman
    Powtreeman
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should add diving and turtles.
    I like turtles.
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    Powtreeman wrote: »
    I think they should add diving and turtles.
    I like turtles.

Lol
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could go underwater everywhere if it the water was deep enought, also in pvp, but for the dedicated underwater quests , bosses, group contents and new fun things , you had to own the Trial of Atlantis expansion, wich included some new map zones, and the one full dedicated to underwater enviroment was "Oceanus" , you can see it in this map, in the central zone:

OK that's good! if it were to work like that I'd be elated!

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭

Agreed
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xinz'r wrote: »

Agreed

I actually suggested this sort of idea here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/149340/what-i-hope-tamriel-unlimited-means/p1
    The Coral Kingdom: This could be a single release DLC expansion giving players the partially sunken nation of Thras between Tamriel and Yokuda, and a new playable race, the Sload and could introduce underwater content to ESO, if it's not already in ESO by this point. Since the Sload detest adventure the playable Sloads would have to be considered Sload outcasts and the story would have to reflect that.
    NSr4gu5.jpg?1

That post is about a bunch of possible expansions, not just Thras and the Sload. :smiley:

EDIT: Thought I'd make this Sload Adventurer for fun. hehehe
    7NiIxS7.png?1
    Edited by Gidorick on 5 April 2015 14:41
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭

Agreed

I actually suggested this sort of idea here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/149340/what-i-hope-tamriel-unlimited-means/p1
    The Coral Kingdom: This could be a single release DLC expansion giving players the partially sunken nation of Thras between Tamriel and Yokuda, and a new playable race, the Sload and could introduce underwater content to ESO, if it's not already in ESO by this point. Since the Sload detest adventure the playable Sloads would have to be considered Sload outcasts and the story would have to reflect that.
    NSr4gu5.jpg?1

That post is about a bunch of possible expansions, not just Thras and the Sload. :smiley:

EDIT: Thought I'd make this Sload Adventurer for fun. hehehe
    7NiIxS7.png?1

I'd like that, but if they make that, then it shouldn't be a problem for them to simply unlock that feature elsewhere.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could be nice to find a secret underwater city :)
  • Zavinus
    Zavinus
    ✭✭
    Disregard this post
    Edited by Zavinus on 10 July 2015 04:26
    ~Zavinus, Xbox One
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of SLAUGHTERFISHES! THEY WILL GET US!
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    ESO > WoW

Your argument is invalid ^_^
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    Because of SLAUGHTERFISHES! THEY WILL GET US!

OMG 0_0 You are right!
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nic727 wrote: »
    Could be nice to find a secret underwater city :)

This!

I keep searching all the water depth areas in hopes of finding a secret underwater city but I am disappointed everytime. :neutral:
  • Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    lets wait until they can get this game working first..... then maybe add ice skating and snow cones...... i mean underwater activity....xox
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont hold you breath.

ZoS recently discussed the large amount of development that goes into an underwater environment in an eso live. With all the thing that are "soon" to be released, I wouldn't expect something like this on the radar for three years.

The good news is that the engine does spport it. It just sounds like a lot of programming, development and art would nedd to be done.
    Edited by Stalwart385 on 15 July 2015 05:28
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    Endurance wrote: »

I agree with this. Someone said that they would have to redesign all rivers, lakes, the whole sea and everything to make it deeper. I think it's not true. I think it's already deep enough, they should just make diving available.

We don't plan to go 50m underwater (although some actually do :D ). Just dive a little

You have to think deeper than that. A 3d environment, animations, water to land boundaries, skills, combat and content. This and more all must be thought out and developed.
    Edited by Stalwart385 on 15 July 2015 05:34
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they add more things like underwater zones to the game if only so I can craft waterbreathing potions or enchantments. The underwater zones were meant to be a ways past puzzles or part of the dungeon delving experience. I agree that something is missed by not having waterbreathing, but then this topic has been thrown out since Beta. They might actually make it possible some day, they might not. It would be cool but we'll see. I'm still hoping to seen towns like Leyawiin or Bravil or the like.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • fallensbane_ESO
    fallensbane_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Build the framework for it around a new zone post Orsinium release. New zone has land and the first underwater content. Then overtime, maybe once every month release a new underwater section for existing zones until they are all filled. This puts less team members on add to an older area but still gives cause to come back to old zones and to add a new feature.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always liked the underwater play in TES games. And yes, am missing it in ESO. And am hoping that someday in the further future, they might refit this...

There could be a lot of DLC to be made around watery stuff, from dipping your toes with a Maormer-centric expansion to full underwater cities and Sload as has been mentioned...

But of course, there are way more important things to be done now. Still, someday... one can hope.