Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

The Harvest Heart quest - glitch

Akia
Akia
Soul Shriven
After destroying the totems you are told to watch the ritual.
This should be triggered automatically, but when I approach Vanus nothing happens.

When talking to him he still says to destroy the totems, but they are alreday properly destroyed.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 9 October 2023 20:48
  • Deth
    Deth
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing is happening to me, one totem is still smokey with black mist; but can't click it.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did that quest last week and it was working so it sounds like something has glitched.
    Edited by Seravi on 2 January 2015 09:10
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

Thanks so much for the reports, we'll be sure to take a look into it! In the meantime, please give a shot to abandoning the quest and attempting it again. Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    There is another bug in this quest. When we are asked to Defend East Ritual Site, Virgar the Red is doing her stuff, but no mobs come attacking. The West side worked perfectly, but the East side seems stuck. I've been waiting for 5mn in case it would resolved itself but it doesn't seem so.
    I see at least 2 other people stuck on the same part.

BUT after trying twice, if you go away far enough and then come back, then the mobs were suddenly attacking, even if Virgar wasn't there yet. after killing the first wave, Virgar was incanting again, and more mobs came, and after they died the objective completed.

So there is a way, but it sure doesn't work as intended. Maybe because we were 2 doing the same step at the same time ? I hope it helps.
  • rustprooface
    rustprooface
    Soul Shriven
    I've had the same problem on the west side completely stuck and has been like that for a few hours now even sent an email to the support but what they told me to do didn't work n I can't move on without it. It's so ooo frustrating
  • Ivanzarevich
    Ivanzarevich
    Soul Shriven
    I have absolutly the same problem as topic starter! What to do?
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did this quest last night. The totem marker for the 5th totem in the small cave isn't showing. If you have never run this quest before you wouldn't know to destroy the last totem. I destroyed all of them and the quest finished. I had no issues at the ritual sites. NPCs spawned fine. The only issue other than the one marker not showing up is the mage that shows up at the end of the quest, Gathwen. She usually runs up to tell you about some strange music she heard and that the king is waiting for you further up the road. Gathwen ran up and then disappeared like she just phased out. I knew where to go next so it was no big problem but it will be an issue for new players.
  • Ivanzarevich
    Ivanzarevich
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, I destroyed all five totems. But one of them still smoked. And Vanus Galerion couldn`t finish ritual and kept repeated: "We`re almost done. just destroy those totems".
  • Ivanzarevich
    Ivanzarevich
    Soul Shriven
    Akia wrote: »
    After destroying the totems you are told to watch the ritual.
    This should be triggered automatically, but when I approach Vanus nothing happens.

When talking to him he still says to destroy the totems, but they are alreday properly destroyed.

How did you solved the problem?
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did this quest a few days ago and sided with the vampires over the pompous windbag Vanus Galerion. Eveything went smoothly and I gained vampire allies that will aid me against Molag Bal. I never had an issue and I always side with the vampires.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I always side with the vamps as well. Maybe that is why I have never really seen an issue with the quest. Although this time the mage at the end of it did phase out before talking to me. She ran up to where I was then ran off the other side and went poof. :) No biggie as I knew where to go but new players are not going to have any idea where to go next.
  • Ivanzarevich
    Ivanzarevich
    Soul Shriven
    So, I still can`t continue main quest due to this bug! Nearly one month I have run around Coldharbor and Vanus Galerion still couldn`t finished his ritual! One of the totems stone (third to the left) still smoked and nothing happened! Tech Support recomened "to logout and waiting for five minuts..." !!!! I am waiting for a hole month!!! What I must to do? Perhaps to start from the very beginings?!!
  • Ivanzarevich
    Ivanzarevich
    Soul Shriven
    The answer was very, very simple! I needed just abandoned this quest from the list of my quests in Coldharbor and began this quest again. It is very pitty that nobody from Tech Support couldn`t recomened me such a simple thing! Thanks to the one of the player!
  • Randomchaos
    Randomchaos
    ✭✭
    I have just had this glitch again also
    Trying now after abandoning
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 years later and this is still bugged. However the easiest solution is to quite the game, restart and it will finish.
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. Free trader. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama-free social group enjoying PVE questing, PvP, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread, as it was last active May 2017 and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread, in the bug report forums. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.