The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolf timer/transformation bugged.

• SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its happened less to me for the past few days, but the bug is still certainly in the game.
    zenimax is releasing some new dlc soon, this will hopefully be fixed by then. i cant imagine why they arent working on it currently, if the dlc releases without a working werewolf...... that would be pretty pathetic.
    keep sending bug reports. ive been told by a zenimax support person to make a thread about this bug, and i did, so their option is to fix this, or get spammed i suppose. what more is there to do to get their attention? i want to enjoy elder scrolls online like i normally do, this werewolf bug is definitely diminishing my experience that ive had since beta.
    I need this fixed
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it me or does it seem to happen when there is a damage over time effect going on every time werewolf fails ult?
    i dont really ult into werewolf form unless im in combat, so ive never seen otherwise.... but every time im in combat and it fails i seem to recall some kind of heavy damage over time effects going on.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel i know a fix for this just make werewolf form unlimited so the timer never runs out
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    @Wrobel i know a fix for this just make werewolf form unlimited so the timer never runs out

that would certainly fix it, but then feeding would be useless
    feed= +damage
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    SosRuvaak wrote: »
    Jake1576 wrote: »

that would certainly fix it, but then feeding would be useless
    feed= +damage

since when? devour increases your timer not your damage, unless you can find something that states that I'm gonna say it doesn't.

DEVOUR
    Requires Lycanthropy
    Type: Passive
    - While in werewolf form, can devour humanoid corpses to earn more time in werewolf form

Also, when you unsub they give you a email to contract them on why you did, I let them know when I cancelled a few days ago that this bug was the reason, heres the email if anyone wants to give it a shot also.

esocsvip@mail.bethesda.net
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another thread of a bug reported with video not acknowledged. Please don't let this go on for 6 months.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Werewolves desperately needs some reliability issues straightened out.
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they cant possibly not know about this by now.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks guys! Just letting you know we're working on getting a fix rolled out for this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SosRuvaak wrote: »
    There have been multiple times in Cyrodiil when i am in pvp, i am forced out of werewolf form, after fully transforming into werewolf and even getting an ability off. I have noticed inconsistencies with the werewolf timer as well, it drops way faster than normal. Its been a bug ive noticed since vvardenfell came out and it makes werewolf have like a 40% chance of not doing anything. I cant be alone on this?

Wow! Had it happen and thought maybe I just bumped the ultimate hotkey or something.
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! Just letting you know we're working on getting a fix rolled out for this.

Woohoo!

Praise Gina!
    i thought the praying would help
    mvffz8v0cavk.png
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yayyyy
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It must only happen under certain conditions because I have no problem with my werewolf timer (Especially with my Special Were-Warden Build.) but I hope the problem on your end gets "Fixed?!?!?"

Edit 1: I forgot to mention, there is also a bug where the morphs for the Lotus Flower Ability prevents the abilities healing factor from working properly (It doesn't heal you or your teammates on a light or heavy attack when morphed.) ZoS Staff might want to look into this as well in their spare time.
    Edited by Skullstachio on August 11, 2017 1:46AM
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »
    It must only happen under certain conditions because I have no problem with my werewolf timer (Especially with my Special Were-Warden Build.) but I hope the problem on your end gets "Fixed?!?!?"

Edit 1: I forgot to mention, there is also a bug where the morphs for the Lotus Flower Ability prevents the abilities healing factor from working properly (It doesn't heal you or your teammates on a light or heavy attack when morphed.) ZoS Staff might want to look into this as well in their spare time.

Don't know about ZOS but where I work "in your spare time" is a tongue in cheek expression for "it's not really that important to look at but use that time you don't have. "
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    lol, I cancel my sub, send an email to their customer relations team saying I cancelled my sub because of this bug and 3 days later they finally address it after us complaining here for 2 months.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darcwolf wrote: »
    lol, I cancel my sub, send an email to their customer relations team saying I cancelled my sub because of this bug and 3 days later they finally address it after us complaining here for 2 months.

Things take time.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Prothwata wrote: »

Things take time.

No, it doesn't take time to simply acknowledge a bug so people know you are at least working on it, letting something go for months and not communicating with your paying subscribers is bs.
  • EngageTangent2
    EngageTangent2
    Soul Shriven
    This is an ongoing issue for me as well and it is still happening. Very frustrating!!
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an ongoing issue for me as well and it is still happening. Very frustrating!!

i thought i was forced out of werewolf form earlier, but being forced out of form has definitely been noticeably reduced
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prothwata wrote: »

Things take time.

No, it doesn't take time to simply acknowledge a bug so people know you are at least working on it, letting something go for months and not communicating with your paying subscribers is bs.

They fixed the bug
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Nekharis
    Nekharis
    Soul Shriven
    This bug has afflicted my werewolf too! But I also suspect lag has caused the game to register R1 and L1 at the same time when I am alternating my roar and poison claws. IMHO, the ability to toggle out of WW form just needs to be disabled on the WW ult. Either that, or the ultimate needs to be refunded based on the amount of time on the timer, like the lightning ultimate. Once you turn into a WW you should be stuck as a WW until the timer ends.
    Edited by Nekharis on January 19, 2018 2:37AM
  • Nekharis
    Nekharis
    Soul Shriven
    And no the bug isn’t fixed, twice I transformed in combat and immediately transformed back into human form, then promptly died and lost all my ult.
    Edited by Nekharis on January 19, 2018 2:39AM
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the timer is broke.
    zenimax would never take out the timer though, always gotta keep werewolf less powerful than vamp.
    its irritating that i work 300 ultimate up just to have it go away IN COMBAT with the person i ulted for. The passive that makes the timer increased based on damage taken hasn't worked correctly since morrowind vvardenfel dropped.
    i miss when werewolf didn't do that, but its never been bug free. zenimax employees just hates hircine.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    back to square one here zenimax
    im being forced out of ww form after transforming, getting an ability off, and actually being in combat.
    theres always been issues with ww :\
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • groober13
    groober13
    ✭✭✭
    It's also been happening to me - if I initiate change mid-combat -> pounce and... I'm back to my main bar, but if I'm trying to swap bars I get error: "can't swap when in werewolf form" (or something like that) and I must "use" my elite ability again to get back to normal...
    Quite vexing. Fix please.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We have a fix for this issue coming in Monday's patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Warwax
    Warwax
    Soul Shriven
    I found out it's only happening while i'm in werewolf form and get into synergy ability (casted by anyone no matter if i'm in group with that player or not). If that happens i'm automaticaly putted out of werewolf form (kind of) because game still thinks i'm in werewolf form.
    I hope monday's patch will fix it.
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i havent had synergy stuff affecting ww for me
    i play alone a lot of the time.
    its just random it almost seems.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a fix for this issue coming in Monday's patch.

thank you Gina
    i did see that there was another zenimax post in another duplicate thread i saw after i had posted in this one
    hopefully the in combat +3 seconds passive will be working better after monday.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was not aware of this bug (since I am a console player) but I still wonder If the team is still working on a bug fix for werewolves being unable to benefit from the Unchained Champion Passive because they used to be able to benefit from the Unchained passive (which reduces the cost of your next stamina ability by 80% for 5 seconds when breaking free from CC.), but one of the older console patches practically killed it.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Absolutgrndzer0
    Absolutgrndzer0
    Soul Shriven
    Chiming in that I too am plagued by this issue. It even caused me to get kicked out of a Veteran dungeon at the last boss because before I figured out what the glitch was, I was stuck in that half-human half wolf mode and couldn’t dodge the bad stuff properly.